RP servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Could you put it on paper, post it in a thread and then lock it?
This way we know what you are working on and won't fucking shit the bed when a developer disagrees for adding an rp mode because there isn't anything there to support it.

It wouldn't be official coming from me and other people have different requirements. I'm not a part of the team anymore. They have to make their own.

It wouldn't be official coming from me and other people have different requirements. I'm not a part of the team anymore. They have to make their own.
Then why the hell are you arguing with people about something you have nothing to do with and have no control of?

You should of just let them circle jerk over an rp mode, and let LoU do his LoU thing.
Where he posts one vague sentence and then locks the thread and forbids people to talk about it again.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
who asked for stat tracking anyway lol

Quite a few community members and developers. There was a thread about adding it onto the website. Though someone who is the "worstmb2player" probably doesn't care about stats. However, things people fail to realize: Having proper stats and analytics makes balance discussions less opinionated as you have numbers to base things on.

Then why the hell are you arguing with people about something you have nothing to do with?

Because my opinion might still carry some weight.

Because my opinion might still carry some weight.
With the team or the community?
Because you just witnessed and participated what happens when a developer says "No" to their community.

It has nothing do with your opinion carrying weight, its that you told a bunch kids that they can't have their dark RP garrys mod mode.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
With the team or the community?
Because you just witnessed and participated what happens when a developer says "No" to their community.

If only I could lock threads after a basic "No" but I cant. But then I would get PM's to tell me to stop being a nazi admin ;)

If only I could lock threads after a basic "No" but I cant. But then I would get PM's to tell me to stop being a nazi admin ;)
Damn right you would you nazi admin, its best to let people circle jerk until they loose interest than deny the right to talk about it at all.
It should only be locked when the thread starts breaking the rules, not because somebody with admin was tired of looking at it.

The clear correct path here was to not get involved at all, and let it die on its own.
You know why you cant add an RP mode, you explained why and they don't believe you and for some reason resorted to throwing insults. Really guys?

You should of stopped right there and left it alone.

Last edited:
Damn right you would you nazi admin, its best to let people circle jerk until they loose interest than deny the right to talk about it at all.
It should only be locked when the thread starts breaking the rules, not because somebody with admin was tired of looking at it.

The clear correct path here was to not get involved at all, and let it die on its own.
You know why you cant add an RP mode, you explained why and they don't believe you and for some reason resorted to throwing insults. Really guys?

You should of stopped right there and left it alone.

Actually this the more civil of the conversations that were happening on this forum. And it turned to more about timelimit than about RP considering thats the underlying issue why RP isn't even allowed. If timelmit wasn't locked, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

You guys still crucified a developer, just because you guys tied him to a cross in this thread where the thread down the street nailed theirs to the cross.
Doesn't make it okay, you still put mace on a cross for a subject he has nothing to do with.

And its partially his fault, because he knew beforehand what he was walking into and insisted to engage with people.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You guys still crucified a developer, just because you guys tied him to a cross in this thread where the thread down the street nailed theirs to the cross.
Doesn't make it okay, you still put mace on a cross on a subject he has nothing to do with.

Not entirely accurate and an exaggeration.

I might not be able to implement any of the changes required, and I might not longer have a direct say what goes on due to retiring from the team, but again doesn't mean my opinion carries zero weight with them.

And its partially his fault, because he knew beforehand what he was walking into and insisted to engage with people.

Aren't I supposed to engage with people though in order to see how they really feel about a subject?

God damn this thing has been going on for a while.

I, Myself like to RP, but after a while an old RP server got shut down, so I've just been derping along...

It gets boring not being able to have even quick RP sessions, like an Open server on lets say, DOTF where everyone is a jedi and theres a small battle, Theres drama, and stuff...

Anyways, I think unlocking the timer is a good idea. If it means more RPers will flood in, then I'm sure as hell up for it!

Aren't I supposed to engage with people though in order to see how they really feel about a subject?
Aren't you supposed to remain clam and mature and not resort to their level of immaturity when you do that though?

When insults started dropping you should of left it alone, and if you really did want to get the bottom of this.
Return when everyone has had time to process what you said. Then continue the discussion, and rinse and repeat.

Instead of continuing to participate where posts are coming in like a machine gun and nobody spent longer than a few minutes reading posts.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Doesn't make it okay, you still put mace on a cross for a subject he has nothing to do with.

If somebody is going to oppose an idea that I support on a forum of relatively free discussion, regardless of who he is, I will argue against him. It was never personal despite how it may have sounded. I have great respect for mace as a former dev and map designer, but the time issue is something that I won't budge on and I won't usually pass on an argument about it.

Also, the poll is still up. Keep voting guys. And I'm going to bed now x.x

Should the hard-coded time limit be removed?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Aren't you supposed to remain clam and mature and not resort to their level of maturity when you do that though?

Remaining calm is something I've always had a hard time doing if you knew anything about me. I literally have chill pills.

Remaining calm is something I've always had a hard time doing if you knew anything about me. I literally have chill pills.
Then listen to space dad, and leave when it reaches that moment. Then come back if you insist on continuing it.
We ain't going anywhere anytime soon, we will be here when you can talk again.

So go off, jerk off to your animu grills, paint your planes, water your grass, cook dinner, and come back.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Then listen to space dad, and leave when it reaches that moment. Then come back if you insist on continuing it.
We ain't going anywhere anytime soon, we will be here when you can talk again.

So go off, jerk off to your animu grills, paint your planes, water your grass, cook dinner, and come back.

This thread wasn't a problem :p

No, cruicfying is what you all do when Achilles so much as sneezes in a thread. If anything, I hope this thread sheds more light on what's currently being worked on. Hopefully we'll see some favorable changes in the future.

No, cruicfying is what you all do when Achilles so much as sneezes in a thread. If anything, I hope this thread sheds more light on what's currently being worked on. Hopefully we'll see some favorable changes in the future.
Dude I will destroy his boy pussy if he keeps this shit up.

As much as it would be interesting to see RP back in MBII again, I don't think it would last too long. Look at base JKA for instance. Nearly always, all the RP servers are deserted, or only have 2-3 people. But the FFA servers ALWAYS have people. Then again I guess this isn't really a reason not to add it, since FFA is still around and people play it. But first, I'd like to see more gamemodes implemented, an infection gamemode would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.