Fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T r i s t a n

Banned
I found Movie Battles II late, only about 3 months ago, 1.3 was the build I picked up and learned how to be a Jedi/Sith. I loved being a duelist with a burning passion, it was the closest thing that I have ever found to actually being a Jedi/Sith. But sadly as time has gone on and players start to dwindle, it seem's only the pro's who slaughter all things on sight, and the trolls who simply put, are assholes, seem to be the only players that remain in MBII...
Though I had hope that the population would rise again with the release of Star Wars The Force Awakens coming soon, as well as the new 1.4 update.
I have played the 1.4 Beta pretty extensively now (within the two days it has been released) and I am sad to see what has happened to saber combat and really most else. My hopes of the population rising with these release's died today. 1.4 WILL kill the remaining player base to the point of only maybe the Dev's and a few loyal pro's left in MBII 1.4. Which saddens me deeply. I love MBII and it is a game that I hope to play for years to come with my friends and family who like me, adore Star Wars. But if this is really the direction Movie Battles II is headed, then I might as well say my farewells now.
Good Bye MBII and all of the wonderful community I have had the pleasure of talking to and playing with, perhaps one day in the future, when things have changed. I may come back...

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better... It's not."
-Dr. Suess

Last edited by a moderator:

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Yeah, you're not the first one, not the last one. You all return eventually.
It is unfortunate that you came at 1.3, because 1.4 is a major update which brings back some old mechanics. Old players didn't like 1.3 because it was simplifying the older mechanics, thus they "left" too.
And that quote, lol, I'm sorry but it seems like just another attention whoring thread, move along.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
So basically....because you don't like certain changes being proposed in the 1.4 Open Beta (btw an Open Beta by definition is for players to check out a PRELIMINARY version of a proposed update, offer feedback and suggestions, so that any alterations can be made before actual implementation), you want to leave the game.

K.

Sonichu

Donator
You've only played for three months, but you have such a grasp on the community's collective mentality you predict the complete collapse of the player base and mod as a whole over saber changes in a beta?

K. Bye.

Wow real supportive replies guys, but on a serious note they are kinda right you've only played the beta for 2 days and 1.3 even less then that just because things are different doesn't mean everyone is gonna leave the new update is pushing people out of their comfort zone and everyone is trying to adapt differently but people are going to adapt and 1.4 isn't being released any time soon so in a week everyone will be back on 1.3 soo i don't think you need to be so dramatic lol

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Shame to see you go over something as trivial as this.

It's an open beta to gauge community opinions. We did not do this primarily to find bugs, but so that we can understand what the general feeling is towards the changes we've been implementing. From the feedback I've read so far, there is a fairly big concern for some changes slowing the dueling pace dramatically, but I do believe that with open discussion we can find a way of making sure the pace remains engaging.

A big problem with the 1.3 iteration is the power of combos. This was addressed, but perhaps the changes are too heavy-handed.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Actually Ben, alot of people have been coming around from insta disliking the system to thinking it's atleast an improvement on 1.3. Of course, you can't please everybody, and if you try to please everybody, you end up pleasing no-one.

T r i s t a n

Banned
Well thank you all (except Ben) for solidifying my point of the communities toxicity. There are many games in the world, I don't have to waste my time here with a lost cause all while playing with people who simply kill the experience for other players. Plus seeing how Internal MBII person/s such as Sev, HleV, Helix, and Agentoo8 behave towards players saying fond farewells. Simply makes it easier for me to leave, if you all wish to be lead forward by people with powerful negative personalities towards "new" players, so be it. But I will not be a part of it. As I said, I love MBII, I appreciate all the Devs have done even for 1.4, their hard work and determination should absolutely not go unnoticed. But it does not save MBII from its small toxic player base who will inevitably be the cause of what kills Movie Battles II.

T r i s t a n

Banned
I am usually very friendly person but not when it comes to attention whoring.
So simply because I put a quote that I felt fit my situation, on MY thread, about MY opinion on the direction of MBII, you call it attention whoring? Well okay then Mr. Helix Sir. This has been eye opening, there is nothing I can do to change MBII, there is nothing I can do to change the community, and there is no way to bring the game population back up. Playing with bias ass hats is really not worth mine, or anyone else's time.
Good Riddance.

Helix

Well, in my opinion, if you leave, you leave. If you want to gain attention, you start a thread and post 3 big messages that you are leaving.
See you on 1.4 release :D

T r i s t a n

Banned
Well, in my opinion, if you leave, you leave. If you want to gain attention, you start a thread and post 3 big messages that you are leaving.
See you on 1.4 release :D
Well, in my opinion, you don't just leave a game that you have played religiously for the past three months, Cold-Turkey. You make a thread on the forums of your beloved game expressing your feelings on the matter of one of your favorite games of all time being ruined. But then again we are very, very different people Helix. 1.4 will not see me if it remains in its current state. But it will see you. Too bad really.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Plus seeing how Internal MBII person/s such as Sev, HleV, Helix, and Agentoo8 behave towards players saying fond farewells.
Worth mentioning the internal betateam isn't exactly picked based on personality nor does it represent the MB2 Team's sentiments. Hell, even Helix doesn't represent the Team's sentiments. It's safer to view everyone as their own person here. If you want to look at what the Team stands for, I recommend following me, LoU, Spaghetti and Subaru.

Either way, online gaming in less sheltered communities like ours does require a thick skin and a cool head. It's not for everyone. I can respect that ^^

Hey tristian, I took a break from mb for like a month because I was not happy with the people who were playing it. And just did not enjoy getting curb stomped by jedi spam and stacked teams. I didn't say I was going on break or left, and when I first joined the fourm. I didn't make a thread saying hello im new ect. And I started playing around September, early October.

I just made a thread and started bitching about the elite trooper class, with outdated opinions and information.
As you can see that went very well.

Tristan if you don't want people to make fun of you for seeking attention, don't give them ammo to do so. Just take a break bro and don't tell anyone.
If they truly valued your participation they would attempt to contact you.

Status
Not open for further replies.