Fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'm sorry to hear about your depature, I would recommend dropping a line of feedback in the open beta thread so your opinion on the game can be given the time it deserves. Remember all changes in open beta are not final. The reason for having it is to gauge people's opinions, test balance etc... We aren't some AAA studio who does the beta as a glorified demo and doesn't really do much after it ends, we are really interested in knowing how changes feel with our audience as the internal beta team is mostly about bug testing rather than balance (we are too small to really do atrue balance test most of the time internally). Lots of things will change between open beta and release, we welcome this as that is the whole purpose of an open beta.

Also don't let other people discourage you, or put you down on your decisions. You seem to be decided about departing so I bid you farewell and hope that maybe one day you can stop by and give another shot at this great game. Good luck and may the force be with you.

User plays for 3 months. Loves it. Hates it. Blames the community and his lack of skill. Predicts the mod will die because he's dissatisfied by his shortcomings, sorry, experience, is surprised people blow him off.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

See you next year. Or the year after. Or the year after that.
If you're expecting a mass exodus:) Good luck with your drama. You're entitled to your self-deceptions as much as the next person. :rolleyes:

T r i s t a n

Banned
I thought I would check back on the Forums to see how MBII 1.4 is fairing today. Interestingly enough. 1.4 seems to be being received in a 70/30 ratio of the 1.4 Dev's (Sev, Stassin, etc) and some conformist yes men such as Agentoo. Saying 1.4 is a vast improvement over the system of 1.3. Now I do not disagree, I think 1.4 has seen some major improvements in many fields. Such as Gunners having a more viable use in game now to most players (excluding the flinch addition which seems to me like a gimmick to make gunning easier) and many more changes, such as map improvements. The work that has been put into MBII 1.4 is astounding to be honest, and it deserves to be recognized, respected, and appreciated by us fans. But. This is Star Wars, not Call of Duty, not Counter Strike, not Halo. Star Wars. I love Star Wars as much as you, maybe more. So I know that people aren't here because they want to see mindless troops shoot at each other, they want to see Luke, Anakin, Obi Wan, and Darth Vader go head to head in an all out battle. They want to step into a Jedi or Sith's shoes and really feel like you are impacting the fight with your skill because of the vast Sabering system (1.3) it is literally the best dueling system I have ever had the pleasure of playing. At the end of the day Star Wars is about being a Jedi or Sith. So why ruin the sabering mechanics just to conform to specific opinions of 2 people? (I would like to add, not all the sabering changes are bad. I actually believe Sev and Stassin to be good honest men who are sincerely trying to better MBII. However, everyone has their own taste, their own style, their own play-style. Sev believes that 1.4 has introduced many interesting mechanics such as nudge being reintroduced, the notorious flinch, the PB areas being reduced, BP and FP percentage tweaks, etc... Now I do not disagree that these are mechanics that have been worked hard on. I believe immense amount of thought was put into making these changes. Perhaps too much.)

Ruin the system? Conform to two people? Have you even played on the servers? Every time I got on everyone loved it. And they didn't ruin anything. They brought mechanics that the previously scrapped to "conform" to new players since it was growing, and now they are bringing it back since people that are new are starting to get a grip of the games core engine, you think it's all new? We've been here for years, bud. If you truly love Star Wars like you say you do, this is the best experience you're going to get.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
They want to step into a Jedi or Sith's shoes and really feel like you are impacting the fight with your skill because of the vast Sabering system (1.3) it is literally the best dueling system I have ever had the pleasure of playing. At the end of the day Star Wars is about being a Jedi or Sith. So why ruin the sabering mechanics just to conform to specific opinions of 2 people?

You realize MB2 has been around for more than a decade right? And that 1.3 was only one iteration of a sabering system that has gone through changes (ranging from small tweaks to big overhauls) almost every single release? Surely, you can't possibly really think that 1.4 is being designed to cater to two people. I don't duel nearly as much as some people around here, but it's quite obvious it's being designed to fix problems that were introduced by 1.3 (and other recent releases) by implementing new solutions while also bringing back aspects of older systems that worked well.

And if you really think flinch is a gimmick introduced to make gunning easier, then you should see if you can find some old versions of MB2 and some people willing to play them with you. Good luck fighting against gunners with things like stagger, high shot knockback, or explode-on-contact primary frag grenades. Gun vs saber balance constantly sways back and forth between versions. Recent releases tilted the balance a tad too far in jedi's favor. Flinch is mechanic introduced to solve the problem of jedi being able to kill gunners despite being shot (multiple times) during a swing.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Flinch is like a skill-check, quite a common theme in patch 1.4 sabering wise atleast. In all the time I've played 1.4 in closed beta and open beta vs gunners, I've never ever found myself feeling underpowered as a jedi/sith. I felt like I always did, like a bawz with a big glowing dildo ready to rape and sodomize like my ancestors. (lolol joke).

I just use nudge, and strike with good timing. In 1.4, noobs can't run at an enemy holding mouse1 and expect to kill a skilled gunner. They gotta work for it both in dueling and vs gunners. Flinch is a perfectly reasonable counter-measure to nudging. In-fact, it is my personal opinion that nudge is better than flinch if you're skilled, and worse than flinch if you aren't skilled.

...So I know that people aren't here because they want to see mindless troops shoot at each other, they want to see Luke, Anakin, Obi Wan, and Darth Vader go head to head in an all out battle. They want to step into a Jedi or Sith's shoes...

Actually I wanted (and I did) to play as clones/ARCs/Droidekas/SBD when I started to play mb2 as the clone wars series was going on at the time. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only exception.

Also I heard some people say in 2013 that this game is already dead. Who knows? What do you consider dead? To me it feels alive as long as we regularly get 20-32 ppl on a server.

The changes can only upset players focused on duelling, open players aren't really affected and open players give the majority of the players, so you won't see the population decline from this version. Not to mention that maybe you're the only one who feels like quitting among the duelist players. Nobody else posted "I'm gonna leave thx to v.1.4" so far.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It is a matter of being used to a system, every large gameplay update takes away some of the reflexes acquired in everyone's playstyles which is often painful and they need to relearn which is often viewed as even more painful and a waste of time (but then isn't playing games and particularly video games a waste of time anyways ?).

There are some changes however that can probably be viewed as objectively beneficial... having blocking animations instead of nothing at all when you get hit by a saber swing is more visually appealing, being completely interrupted when you get hit by a saber swing (as opposed to just somehow ignoring that and continuing your own swing like before v1.4) realistically makes alot more sense - even though it might be harder to control because you need to react to the opponent's actions rather than just "swing and whatever the opponent does your swing will hit". Nudge, well, for one prevents magically keeping your idle saber into people without them dying, though it probably has a too wide animation making it look wonky; on the other hand being able to perform faster and less predictable attacks at close range makes alot of sense - though again it takes quite some time to understand how it works and control it well enough to use it to your advantage. And the list goes on with smaller beneficial changes too...

Oh, I'm just checking out the website. I am still interested in MBII, I am just not interested in playing 1.4.
Hey man i've been playing 1.4 almost all-week for the beta was released and I understand where you're coming from, i really do but you really need to give it more time trust me on this, flinch isn't horrible and it will almost never get you instantly killed if you're smart, if you get flinched it'll happen and the first time you'll probably die from it but if you keep a cool head and hold block for the duration of the stagger you won't take anymore damage it also isn't impossible to still kill gunners its actually more rewarding and requires more thought then just holding the forward button and attacking when you're in range, you need to outsmart your opponent and the gunner needs to do the same its a battle of tactics not a jedi stomping the gunner because he cant get headshots on him when he attacks
and about the sabering, the pblock zones were made smaller for a reason and getting accidental/lucky pblocks for having your mouse in the right place is rarer now a common trick some people did for a long time in 1.3 was to just keep their camera down and get as many downswing pblocks as they could either way the new system isnt about who can get the most hits and it makes more sense not to be that way either way if you really have problems with the system then you should really talk about it on the feedback thread im sure the people there will help enlighten you on your problems with the system

God this new generation of players have a very skewed concept of what a BETA is.
Its supposed to be different, buggy, and unbalanced.
We tested a fucking patch, not a whole new game. Stop being dramatic.

You provide feedback, and they take the feedback into consideration and adjust accordingly until release.
Writing a suicide note because X feature was changed slightly in a BETA is just retarded.

Back in the day, betas functioned like alphas and looked like alphas. For example in original half life beta; the assets, story, and tone was changed completely. The game looked like a shitty quake clone.
Then the whole game got revamped, and the end result looks nothing like what was gone over in the beta test builds.

And for more emphasis on my point, Alpha testing back then was just a giant empty sandbox inside of an engine. And you had to break the engine as much as possible with dev commands and write pages of pages of bug reports.

Then had to send those bug reports to the developers, so they can tweak the engine, set limitations and boundaries and build around the sky limit. Then test a slightly different build every single week for a year. Doing the same damn shit over and over, running into objects, pressing keys and buttons, setting binds for script spamming, testing scripts and checking if they work properly. Animation breaking, texture screening, making sure the developers didn't leave any dicks in the level because for some reason they think its funny when it actually pisses us off because we have to keep re-writing ESRB reports. And re-submitting them because the old one was outdated. (bless those who had the patience for this shit.)

Now developers these days do internal beta tests, which is bad because they end up biased because this is their perfect little child and cant find any imperfections because they drank so much each others koolaid for several years, and circle jerk office politics. And loose the ability to look at their own creation objectively, which spawned the bullshit story about "gamers should not be developers."

This is why you fucking contract offices to beta test, and not a bunch of 13 year olds that don't even know what a exterior collision test is. Which is why I appreciate the MB2 beta team, which is a bunch of people that don't do anything and are made up of random people on the internet, they just play the game regularly and don't eat bullshit when they find something broken.

Today in this industry, betas function like full games and it pisses me off.

Where before games that were released in beta format didn't meet QA standards.
And was required to be polished until it met the expectation.

Last edited:
I tried to quit this shit too and not even once, but still I'm here as you can see. If you'll manage to escape I will be sincerely glad for you, my friend. Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic right now.
It seems that those who play this game for years are doomed already. It's worse than drug addiction. It's worse than being crucified like Jesus. It's worse than being captured by ISIS.
Can't you see it? We are cursed. We are destined to play this damned game forever. Everyday is like hell to us. Everyday we are dying from everything that kills: invisible nades, random shots, TK, gravity, teammates, TK, projerktiles, TK, rockets, TK, backsides, TK, TK and also have I mentioned team killings?
You think that community is cruel and toxic? You are right. That's because no one wants you to succeed in this game. That's because we are afraid of what you might become. We don't need another PRO SKILL SNEEPER 360 NONESCOPE or UNKILLABLE TANK JEDI WITH UNLIMITED FP/BP. No, we want to crash you as easy as we can. We want to show our dominance. We are tired of challengers and humiliation of being owned 24/7.
Run, you fool. Run until it's too late. Run and never look backward, I dare you. It's for you own good sake.
This game is about suffering. You are not prepared.

LOL. Some things never change, some do, but the new generation of gamers are still stupid to this day and this goes to both PC and Console gamers.

Please someone do tell me that the new MB2 community/players are not all like this. I can see this kind of thinking/behavior happening on lots of casual games/communities, but as long there's active gamers from the era where using your brain was still a thing, trying a PC game demo was a thing (before the Beta/Alpha BS nowadays), expansion packs were a great thing for truly expanding the life of a game and most communities were not so toxic should still be able to bring balance in this day and age in any gaming community. I may not play this wonderful mod like I used to in the early 2000's, but I still jump in once in a while to see the new/reverted changes and greet old friends to play (not sexually, but it would be nice tho *sarcastic wink*) which is the reason I have never truly left.

And yet you are still here, called this nice community toxic and now saying you're still interested in the site/mod, make up your mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.