Fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T r i s t a n

Banned
When asked about the implementation of the upcoming 1.4 update, Sev had this to say.
Interesting how people with little foresight band together against someone who seemed to grasp the problems early on.
Maybe I am Jesus.

Attachments

• Sev.png
    Sev.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 215
Pulling the "I told you so" won't win you any favors or love.
You said you were leaving, so leave.

Seeing as the team doesn't force people to a script every time they post; Shows how much trust they have for people in their positions. Sev is entitled to his opinions, as much as I am.

His posts have no actual refection on the internal beta team, or the team as a whole.
As a beta tester, he provides feedback. And that was his feedback.

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
Pulling the "I told you so" won't win you any favors or love.
You said you were leaving, so leave.
Be mad now. Because in the end I was right. I will leave now, I am done. I don't need any favors or love from a development team and "former team members" such as yourself who are simply put, silly. Since you have played for years you have gotten set in your ways and have over time acquired a certain Alpha mind set towards newer players. Now every few months you update and overhaul it to keep it from getting stale, instead of maybe adding new things such as: Maps, Skins, Hilts, Achievements, Unlockables (possibly), etc... I could go on but wont. You see, what you are effectively doing by overhauling the systems every few months is thinning out the player base. People have lives. We do not have the time to play hours on end every day to learn every in depth aspect of a system that changes every few months, some people leave simply because of that, but I will give another example because old dogs. The player base is thin. Very. I don't think MBII can reach over 100 players playing at any given time. But we players who care, bring friends and family / people we know into the MBII fold. They are now nubs. They will inevitably die to more skilled players, but in 1.3 (from what I have experienced having introduced 5 people to MBII) they can show a certain natural skill and actually be pretty good off the hop and manage to kill experienced players.
What I am trying to say is this: You overhaul MBII every few months with a small player base, effectively weeding out players dropping the population further, then old players come back, the numbers go back to just under what they previously were, noobs learn of MBII and join, population rises, nubs leave after a month of "Alpha" 7 year goin' strong players being the toxicity they are, population drops again, update, rinse repeat.
You need to think of some kind of revival that does not involve changing every aspect around every few months.

Hold up hold up, if you were not fresh off the boat. You would know I was working with a source mod project called "Empires." I have no prior experience with the MB2 team other than being a smartass time to time, and making suggestions on what to do when they break shit. And then taking the realistic approach to my bat shit ideas of what I consider game balance.

As you said people have lives, this is a fucking mod. These people are still kids themselves that just happen to be good at coding, modeling, ect. They are in thier 20's and they human fuckin beings, you damn kid. Expecting a mod team to be a triple A studio, is very naive. These people are junior developers, they need to make their mistakes in order to learn from them. Nobody here is John Carmack, or Brett Sperry. They are people.

This was coming, the cool down from the movie hype is finally showing. And guess what, you will be back next year or two when Episode 8 comes out. And bitching about a whole new set of problems and balancing. Now that the playerbase has calmed down, they can focus on the development even more so than now because less people to worry about.

Because the people who are sticking around have been here since the beginning. And we will tolerate any broken bullshit that they spew because they know that we know we will stick around to help them fix it. Where new players like yourself will fucking rage quit if you spawn as a kyle just once and storm off and pout. And reject the gift that the galaxy has given you.

I think they would benefit more if they kept the open beta on, and just continuously update the beta branch until its ready for release.

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
Seeing as the team doesn't force people to a script every time they post; Shows how much trust they have for people in their positions. Sev is entitled to his opinions, as much as I am.

His posts have no actual refection on the internal beta team, or the team as a whole.
As a beta tester, he provides feedback. And that was his feedback.
It's not denial. He's just selective about the reality he accepts. ^

And what reality is that?
Because you have just been spewing uneducated nonsense so far, and I want see what kind of rabbit you pull from your ass this time.

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
And what reality is that?
Because you have just been spewing uneducated nonsense so far, and I want see what kind of rabbit you pull from your ass this time.
I fail to see where I was spewing uneducated nonsense. You are just mad because I raise viable points and you can't find anywhere to disagree and you would rather not agree with anything I say at this point, so really who is the one spewing nonsense?
I honestly don't want to continue this conversation with you, as it is going nowhere, but I suffer from OCD and cannot leave a conversation / response / project / anything really unfinished. So I thank you for your time with this thread but if you are just going to be salty and keep re editing your original posts to try and reiterate your responses. I think we are done here.

I knew it.
See, when you spout bullshit.
You are supposed to back it up.

You did not answer or respond to anything, and you keep giving the impression of a pouting child. Which for your credit you are doing a great job at. You are very mature for your age.

Your not backing anything up and so your wheels are just spinning, trying to get the last word which frankly wont work because the thread is overdue for a lock.

So I suggest you leave before people who are smarter than me decide to waste their time dealing with a child who is too lazy to learn.
Which I know you will try to ignore, but your OCD will kick in because people on the internet are very cross with you and you won't be able to resist. Fighting a battle that you will never end and will result in verifying that you are indeed a cave troll.

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
You have asked me no questions, I refuse to go to a technical forum to spout my issues with the systems just to be ignored. I have said things that have been needed to hear, all to be met by people like you to stop me. I am done trying to have a say in this mods future, clearly we newer players will be over shadowed. You keep calling me a child, am I to assume you are an old man? My age has nothing to do with anything here. You simply bring it up because you lack the intelligence to give me a sufficient argument to even one of my points. Then you revert to calling me a lazy child who wont learn. LOL you are a goof. But if this thread must be closed / locked. So be it, it just goes to show that the team behind MBII is the "My way or the high way" kinda deal. That's no fun for us players.
Done.

You bitch and moaned about them updating the system and not letting people adjust to it.
Or did you forget you wrote that paragraph of bullshit?

I didn't ask questions, I demanded for you to rewrite your horror show of an argument to one that actually made sense. And yes I am goof, I don't hide and pretend to be somebody im not which you are clearly doing here. What are you 15, 16? Your I can smell your immaturity through the internet.

You have zero good points, it is just bitching. You can't even point out your own points which is why I am convinced you forgot about the bullshit you wrote. That is what I read, some kid who doesn't want to learn and adjust and giving the casual excuse of "its too hard."

You argued that they are updating too frequently, one of the worst goddamn excuses you could make for a mod. Mods live or die by updates, and they always die by never getting any updates. The game changing is a good thing, this thing has been around since 2005 for crying out-loud. You should be greatful people are willing to put up with your bullshit to update this game.

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
You bitch and moaned about them updating the system and not letting people adjust to it.
Or did you forget you wrote that paragraph of bullshit?
What I said in the past when I was interested in changing 1.4 is of no consequence now. 1.4 has already been received as I foretold, the issues and responses I have noted were simply before their time, people are only now realizing I am right. So at this current moment, I stand by what I said today. As for you BigBossBigTeef, you are spouting uselessness left right and center. So why not go take your obvious abundance of time and inner connections to do what I could not. Help revive and save MBII.

Even mods can see people who set thier login status to appear offline.

What I said in the past when I was interested in changing 1.4 is of no consequence now. 1.4 has already been received as I foretold, the issues and responses I have noted were simply before their time, people are only now realizing I am right. So at this current moment,

For fuck sakes, they even said there will be more open betas and things are subject to change.
Where fuck do you get this shit of that it is cemented in stone?

Because we liked the changes that you didn't?
Is that what this is boiling down too?

@Puppytine has a box full of grievances with 1.4, but do you see him committing suicide because he doesn't like those changes?
No he is sticking around instead of bitching moaning and threatening to leave.

Kid you said you were leaving. But here you are three pages later.
You wrote your suicide note on March 15th, its now April 3rd.

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
I didn't ask questions, I demanded for you to rewrite your horror show of an argument to one that actually made sense. And yes I am goof, I don't hide and pretend to be somebody im not which you are clearly doing here. What are you 15, 16? Your I can smell your immaturity through the internet.

You have zero good points, it is just bitching. You can't even point out your own points which is why I am convinced you forgot about the bullshit you wrote. That is what I read, some kid who doesn't want to learn and adjust and giving the casual excuse of "its too hard."

You argued that they are updating too frequently, one of the worst goddamn excuses you could make for a mod. Mods live or die by updates, and they always die by never getting any updates. The game changing is a good thing, this thing has been around since 2005 for crying out-loud. You should be greatful people are willing to put up with your bullshit to update this game.
Again with the re editing of original responses... I cannot give valid responses if you keep adding and taking away from your initial post.
Now if you must know, I am 19. I also realize that any game / mod / tv show / etc lives or dies by the updates. I agree 100% BUT I do not agree that major system overhauls are updates. Updates are added features and shiny things like maps, skins, hilts, guns, etc... For instance since you happen to be so fixated on me putting my points in point form. We are looking for more reasons and incentive to convince the player to actually play MBII. Something fun / gimicky just to squeeze that extra bit of enjoyment out of the player so they stick around.
Picture this, a special achievement of killing 3 gunners with a thrown light saber will unlock a white saber / special skin / anything at all. The possibilities are huge, you just have to get yourself out of the rut your currently in, and start in a new path. You would be surprised at what can be accomplished just by stepping back and looking at it at a new perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we are getting somewhere finally.

The reason why there are these overhauls because people who currently exist playing this game, have been bitching about these changes long before I even joined. Preston has spent every waking moment he could saying how shit the perk system is. And apparently he is younger than both of us and has played far longer than I have.

There has been 30 page discussions on balancing everything. To the point they got locked for flame wars and then new ones popping up.
Repeating the process of discussion.

Picture this, a special achievement of killing 3 gunners with a thrown light saber will unlock a white saber / special skin / anything at all. The possibilities are huge, you just have to get yourself out of the rut your currently in, and start in a new path. You would be surprised at what can be accomplished just by stepping back and looking at it at a new perspective.

Now you are being unrealistic. 1st reason. People hate white lightsabers.
Why? I have NO IDEA. Its a damn color spectrum and that color is canon for crying out loud and so is black. Why do people hate these colors? I have no fucking idea. I figured our small white supremacist faction that apparently exists would love to see the damn color white as weapon of mass destruction.

2nd reson, this costs people time and effort. There is more important stuff being worked on as we speak, such as making sure the game doesn't fucking crash people pick the droidka class, or making sure people can't bug out through maps. They cant just drop everything to make weapon skin achievements to sate your desire for reward.
This is not CSGO, of TF2.

Last edited:

T r i s t a n

Banned
I don't see how a more in depth achievement or reward system is unrealistic. If you were to check out OJP (Open Jedi Project) you would see that they even have a bare bones EXP system for more powerful players to level up of sorts. OJP is by no means anywhere near the mod MBII is tho in my opinion. So that being said, I believe from what I have seen from other Jedi Academy mods, and the sheer distance MBII is prepared to go. I do not see this as unrealistic at all. I realize that the Devs are busy with the mod and their own personal lives. That is why I agree with your point that it would be time consuming to design and implement such a feature as I suggest. But as I suggested before, I am not 100% behind the whole overhauling every few months idea. I am more into the idea of the Devs dipping into the time they take to work on the overhaul tweaks, and instead work on something that I know would revive MBII completely, instead of simply overhauling over and over again, postponing MBII's demise.
Instead of changing the experience over and over again to keep it from getting stale, why not add to the experience instead? Do the odd tweak here and there, sure. But we simply do not have a sufficient majority of Forum users to make perfectly balanced tweaks to the system, and that is why 1.4 failed.
I am new, you're right. But that only means I am fresh, I cannot make bias opinions based on previous likes and dislikes, I can only say how it is and how my own intuition tells me.
Opinions from people who would like to see MBII flourish into something greater, instead of dwindle on and die eventually should not be taken lightly...

1.3 has been around longer than a few months, I can assure you.
The last major change happened on August 7th, 2015.

The implementation of 1.4 may a long time, which is why there are these tests.
It may take to next fall or winter would be my latest estimation.

These changes are not to keep the game from getting stale, but to fix the base gameplay. With the current release of the game. Many feel it favors one class over the other that to the point other classes are simply ignored because Jedi/Sith spam is just simply more viable it terms of numbers. There have been many cases and arguments to prove that is not ture, but the proof is in the pudding.

Not only about class unbalance changes, there is also the whole saber system that jedi and sith use. That the community has been very un-supportive of. Now I don't use these classes because im still bad even playing as a soldier so I haven't even mastered the more advanced techniques of the game. So I cant defend or fight the perk system other than that red styles tank perk is complete bullshit.

From my understanding the red perk gave damage mitigation to jedi and sith. So much to the point where they could tank explosive damage and survive and continue to stand even getting shot in the head a few times as well. People have found ways to deal with this but the problem being it made the Red style the new go to style because you simply survive more often while using that color.

The OPJ project I know nothing about, im am brand new to this whole scene, I was apart of the source mod community for a total of 5 years. 3 of those years were exclusive to empires.

From what I understand the quake engine is easier to use, but harder than you think. Also from my understanding on a coding view point, that its more uniform and organized and resembles early tech seeing as Carmack designed the quake engine and he has a legacy of easy to understand modding tools.
I only looked at source code, and that was a nightmare. Which is why I resigned to a council position for Candles *aka empires dev for 6 months.*

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
When asked about the implementation of the upcoming 1.4 update, Sev had this to say.
Interesting how people with little foresight band together against someone who seemed to grasp the problems early on.
Maybe I am Jesus.
Hey, I think you get him all wrong.
His point was that if after one week of 1.4 people would be forced to play 1.3 again, playerbase would be decreased till 1.4 is finally released.
SeV said:
After people have played 1.4 for a week, and if the devs then take it down so that you're no longer able to play 1.4 for some reason, then I predict a drastic decrease in the number of active users until 1.4 is once again playable.

Once you go 1.4, you never go back.
btw this is the one of longest saying goodbye I've ever seen o_O

And if you like 1.3 so much, why don't you use this precious time to play it while you still can? o_O
@Puppytine has a box full of grievances with 1.4, but do you see him committing suicide because he doesn't like those changes?
Mmm... are you sure you aren't confusing me with somebody else? o_O
I can't remember I was complaining about 1.4 a lot.
I like wookiee being nerfed, I like push wasn't touched, I don't like those improvements for gunners vs saberist.
Also saber system that I don't really understand was replaced with some other system that I don't really understand.
So basically I'm ok with those changes.
People hate white lightsabers.
Why? I have NO IDEA. Its a damn color spectrum and that color is canon for crying out loud and so is black. Why do people hate these colors? I have no fucking idea. I figured our small white supremacist faction that apparently exists would love to see the damn color white as weapon of mass destruction.
C'mon, it was already explained. There is no real "hate for colors", it's just pragmatic causes.

Saber color are used to distinct teams, therefore no color should be available for both teams.
If we add only white sabers, who's gonna have it? If we add blacks too, there will be "Doom 3. Can't see shit, captain" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.