Jedi/Sith Class Configuration Thread

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please, no. We're going to have people start suggesting the little tubes on the side of Kylo Ren's saber do something.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
As I explained in the previous post, there is no "optimal build" that will magically make you better at Jedi or Sith. It's all about experience, and what works best for you. What works best for someone else might not work better for you.

My main build which focuses on killing dekas, sbds, wookies with as little swings as possible and dueling. Also, deflect 2 comes always handy.

Jump 3
Push 3
Sense 1
Yellow
Red
FB 2
D 2

You'll find its better to have a few builds that play to your strengths, whatever they may be as well as builds designed to counter certain tactics/class spams.

Start with a basic build, a learning build.
Jump 3, push 3 and sabers.

Practice and tweak. And once ur good at that, switch to pull. And then, switch to using push and pull. And then, super push. Etc. The order doesn't matter. Neither does the combination. The point is to learn each abilities strengths and weaknesses and how well you're capable of executing them.

You gotta learn it before you can say whats optimal... for you.:)

The only other advice is one important thing. Don't be a turtle.

Holding block in front of a gunner the entire time means you're either a soon to be dead noob or low on force or ur a deflect whore:)
Its easy enough to figure out which.

Be mobile.

Nothing disgusts me more than seeing jedi holding block...behind cover...behind gunners.
Except maybe jedi that run and open doors with their sabers off and no seeing only to be sniped.
Actually, jedi/sith that don't push despite being able to as the enemy team spams nades and rockets.
Srsly, ur not even going to do that much?

I think this is why the server tends to kick me. I stop caring about being careful and let my aim wander.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised how easy red is to use against sbsd with cortosis:)

But then I went purple against a 7 strong melee wook spam and killed them all within 20 seconds of engaging. I think thats what Anakin must have felt like when he killed all those kids.
He felt great. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what else feels great? Killing a full HP cortosis SBD with only the second swing of a 3 hit red combo ;)

As I explained in the previous post, there is no "optimal build" that will magically make you better at Jedi or Sith. It's all about experience, and what works best for you. What works best for someone else might not work better for you.

I'm sorry but what style works for me doesn't automatically negidate the counters to it and what it is good against, I am new to sabre combat, and I want to know what sabre point builds you use. That I might try to master the point combo (one fast two medium for example) I have selected.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll find its better to have a few builds that play to your strengths, whatever they may be as well as builds designed to counter certain tactics/class spams.

Start with a basic build, a learning build.
Jump 3, push 3 and sabers.

Practice and tweak. And once ur good at that, switch to pull. And then, switch to using push and pull. And then, super push. Etc. The order doesn't matter. Neither does the combination. The point is to learn each abilities strengths and weaknesses and how well you're capable of executing them.

You gotta learn it before you can say whats optimal... for you.:)

The only other advice is one important thing. Don't be a turtle.

Holding block in front of a gunner the entire time means you're either a soon to be dead noob or low on force or ur a deflect whore:)
Its easy enough to figure out which.

Be mobile.

Nothing disgusts me more than seeing jedi holding block...behind cover...behind gunners.
Except maybe jedi that run and open doors with their sabers off and no seeing only to be sniped.
Actually, jedi/sith that don't push despite being able to as the enemy team spams nades and rockets.
Srsly, ur not even going to do that much?

I think this is why the server tends to kick me. I stop caring about being careful and let my aim wander.

I do not want to discuss anything other than what you players are using as sabre points, for example one medium, one strong is a build bladescar uses.

That seems tedious:) The font that is.

Basic style everyone learned and used for years was yellow. It was the go to. Even with recent changes I'd say you should focus on mastering yellow.
Learning its swings, combos, what works, what doesn't. And then...Red or blue. I'd go with blue since everybody uses red. Why conform:)

So, base yellow.
And then either blue or red.

U'd probably do better to go with yellow/red.

Blue requires more control/practice with chaining for newbies. Red is pretty much 3 swing limit so you can learn it faster.

- - - Updated - - -

It takes you 2 swings? phhhtehehehehehehahahahaahahahahahaahhaah.

/end scene

Indeed. Although it's not quite easy to pull off since you can easily get a sweet headshot or a bitch slap. But either way, it's fun ^^

Eazy E

Banned
Idk about Sith but the best jedi build is simple:
Med styles 1
Force block 2
deflect 2
defence 2
jump 3
speed 3
mindtrick 3

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
If you go deflect, you go deflect 3. Nothing less.
Force block 2 is usually okay if you're good with walking/positioning against enemy Sith.
Red is the best imo. Your job is to tank and push. You can kill enemy saberists with this style easily. You can take out big targets like SBD,WOOK,DEKA.
Push 2/3 is a must if playing with group.
Defense 2

Preston

Nerd
If you go deflect, you go deflect 3. Nothing less.
Force block 2 is usually okay if you're good with walking/positioning against enemy Sith.
Red is the best imo. Your job is to tank and push. You can kill enemy saberists with this style easily. You can take out big targets like SBD,WOOK,DEKA.
Push 2/3 is a must if playing with group.
Defense 2
Kill enemy saberists easy? But red is balanced right.. qq (jk.. sorta..) but not really

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Do you make it a habit to whine in all of your posts, or do you reserve that especially for me?
He asked for the 'perfect' sith build. Using red is probably the best style in open.

Preston

Nerd
Do you make it a habit to whine in all of your posts, or do you reserve that especially for me?
He asked for the 'perfect' sith build. Using red is probably the best style in open.
No I dont, was just stating the obvious. And theres a difference between whining and criticism