You seriously nerfed speed lunge?

Why? It doesn't even connect half the time when it should, and running up and swinging at someone is 100% more effective than running up to someone and wasting 40FP with the 50% chance it just doesn't hit because spaghetti code. This change almost literally made it unplayable at any range other than max range because now you run the risk of not even being able to activate your sabers and block until the unnecessarily long recovery timer after speed lunge is finish.

If you're going to nerf something that literally only 3 people in the entire community use at least make it work a little better. Increase the velocity, revert the change to the swing arc from ages ago. Or just remove it all together at this point and consider it a failed experiment. I know you're trying to make MB2 esports ready, but the scrimmers don't even use speed lunge. Stop taking all the fun shit out of the game.

You wrote all the key points I would, well said sir :) Also SBD Cortiosis was nerfed, even though if an SBD puts points into Cortiosis they have to sacrifice something else and be weak to gunners, or withstand saberists + gunners and have low damage output. It seems like the westar scope fire rate was un-nerfed a bit but its so far gone I wouldn't use it at all, the special headshot bonus removal should've been enough, the fire rate nerf was overboard imo. But it looks more and more like MB2 is going through its "Minecraft combat update 1.9"

I should also point out that the "delay between swinging" distance is either bugged or way too massive. I mean, just revert this change because it's stupid and unnecessary, but man do I love getting completely locked unable to activate my sabers for 3 or 4 seconds. At least when I land I'm in the right position; bent over and ready to get my ass destroyed.

But for real, running at someone and swinging at them is infinitely more effective than running at someone and speed lunging them in the face. If it does decide to hit then I was probably gonna end up getting that kill if I just swung at them anyways. If it misses for whatever reason then I'm sat there on my ass while I sit in the recovery animation for 2 seconds and all the gunner has to do is turn around and shoot me. If you're worried about people using it in duels, then don't. No one does. No one will. Why? Because it doesn't do any meaningful BP damage and by the time I land before I even start recovering the Sith has already turned around and killed me.

If this was about 1v1 balance then you have to ask yourselves when that ever mattered to you when making balance changes.

Now the real thing we should be considering here is reverting the speed lunge change and giving sith speed so I can speed lunge on sith too.

I just realised that the nerf to the speed lunge occured like three weeks after i started playing speedlunge-only as a Jedi.
Thus I wanted to make a public apology to the speed lunging community.

Because of my insane skills and inhuman k/da's as SPEEDLUNGER Al-Mutahamis, MB2 Developers were forced to nerf it, and consequently, nerf me. When i started owning people on EU servers, I couldn't have forseen that the fear I've sown in hearts of meta-mancers would bring doom to us all. Today I stand on a pile of fallen comrades and game mechanics hoping that I can attune for wrecking the game balance.

As an atonement I pledge to play once a week in a scrimmer friendly way.

Godspeedlunge you, fellow SPEEDLUNGERS.

unrelated but i just saw ginkobum became a father. gratz bro. how u guys doin? i'm currently drinkin some coffee, trynna quit sugar. watching some vikings rn, the part where ragnar becomes earl of kattegat. i had the weirdest dream last night. i think a goblin reached out to me through the astral plane. i don't know how to explain it, but i woke up feeling goblins are real. i might go look for them soon. i did 500 dips yesterday btw. all sets of 50. that's what a man is capable of when he eats proper food, not plants like a little rabbit (xylo). as a general rule of thumb, if it's green, don't eat it.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
I hear the Speedlunge complaints, I'll look at finding ways to compromise for the next patch. A couple ideas I have are:
  • Unlocking the camera during the lunge (your movement is locked but looking around is not)
  • Additional perks to using it during melee, perhaps even operates as some kind of melee kick
  • New animations for both Staff and Duals when speedlunging
What you probably will not see next patch is being able to use it against enemies at close range. If you have ideas for how to improve it further while keeping this gameplay decision in mind, I'm all ears.

I really don't see why it shouldn't be used in close range. Like I've been saying, it's less effective than just swinging your saber at them.

Of all the mechanics in the game to decide to crap all over, you chose one that gets used the least, and that's pretty crazy to me. Honestly my suggestion at this point is to just remove it from the game until you've decided what to do with it. I doubt anyone is going to use it anymore because of how easy it is to read when someone is going to lunge you from the only other optimal range. Speed lunge has only had two ranges. Short range or long range, and long range has always been just a simple side step when you know it's coming.

For the record, I don't expect you to actually care. I didn't make this post to try and appeal the change because I know you aren't going to revert it. That's not how you roll. This was so I could vent my frustration as one of the only real users of speed lunge, and so I could say that your decision to nerf it like this has simply destroyed any desire for me to keep playing this mod. Even if I had known you planned on nerfing speed lunge I doubt I would have been able to change your mind, seeing how dead set you are on creating imaginary limits for a mechanic that is probably the least in need of it, and that's a real shame. Less than 100 people play this game, and you're just slowly giving people reasons to stop.

Last edited:

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
I really don't see why it shouldn't be used in close range. Like I've been saying, it's less effective than just swinging your saber at them.
There are other methods of killing people at close range, it's not intended to be so useful at close.
Of all the mechanics in the game to decide to crap all over, you chose one that gets used the least, and that's pretty crazy to me. Honestly my suggestion at this point is to just remove it from the game until you've decided what to do with it. I doubt anyone is going to use it anymore because of how easy it is to read when someone is going to lunge you from the only other optimal range. Speed lunge has only had two ranges. Short range or long range, and long range has always been just a simple side step when you know it's coming.
I think the idea in general is that it should be a bit less useful at mid, and most useful at long, where the slight vertical arc stops. But I think you are understating how strong and how hard to counter it is at close range.
For the record, I don't expect you to actually care. I didn't make this post to try and appeal the change because I know you aren't going to revert it. That's not how you roll. This was so I could vent my frustration as one of the only real users of speed lunge, and so I could say that your decision to nerf it like this has simply destroyed any desire for me to keep playing this mod. Even if I had known you planned on nerfing speed lunge I doubt I would have been able to change your mind, seeing how dead set you are on creating imaginary limits for a mechanic that is probably the least in need of it, and that's a real shame. Less than 100 people play this game, and you're just slowly giving people reasons to stop.
I do care, I just want you to know instead of reverting we will be re-inventing and focusing the ability to be more of a fun niche move at mid and long range. Outside of venting your frustration, which I get... think upon this and I'll see if it can be added. But as far as close range mechanics go, that particular aspect of speedlunge will be removed.

There are other methods of killing people at close range, it's not intended to be so useful at close.
That's ironic, it's really not that good at killing people from far away either.
I think the idea in general is that it should be less useful at mid, and most useful at long.
That's ironic, it's actually completely worthless at mid range. Like it already only had 2 ranges, short and long. Now it only has long. If you try and use it from almost anywhere between short and max range you just fly over the person you're lunging at. The only real solution there is to lower the angle, which is about as bad as just lunging in someone's face.
I do care, I just want you to know instead of reverting we will be re-inventing and focusing the ability to be more of a fun niche move at mid and long range. Outside of venting your frustration, which I get... think upon this and I'll see if it can be added. But as far as close range mechanics go, that particular aspect of speedlunge will be removed.
Okay well you could have left it alone until you were done reinventing it instead of half-baking a really buggy, uncomfortable feeling artificial range limitation.

As the only person that really used speed lunge as their main way of playing the game for a year you have to realize how this feels to me. True I'm not entitled to have an opinion because I just play the game and therefore don't have the right to make decisions on how features of the game should change, but it really feels shitty that you don't even seem to be listening. I get that you want it to be a more practical mechanic in the game, but this really feels like you're jumping the gun. It didn't affect the game in a way that is anymore negative than any other aspect of how a jedi is played right now.

Last edited:

Bud

As the only person that really used speed lunge as their main way of playing the game for a year you have to realize how this feels to me.
lol same happened to me with nade soldier

Last edited:

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Speedlunge should be completely reverted to what it was before the camera changes. You should be able to control how far are you going to fly with it. Its a risky move that is not even used very much. Completely unecessary nerfs

I was on a break when camera lock on speedlunge was introduced. What was the cause of that change? I remember some people, including me using it, but it always felt more like a cool trick than a real strat. Did i miss something back then? Was it really a balance tipping stuff?

I was on a break when camera lock on speedlunge was introduced. What was the cause of that change? I remember some people, including me using it, but it always felt more like a cool trick than a real strat. Did i miss something back then? Was it really a balance tipping stuff?
I might have been taking a break when that was introduced. Speed lunge was still barely used even back then, and that was before you could swing block blaster fire. It's pretty amazing how little speed lunge has actually changed, and yet now it's considered imbalanced to be able to speed lunge right in front of someone all of a sudden. lmao

MB2 development is turning into League of Legends development. Gotta balance around the minority of the game in order to make them happy, but fuck the pub players. They can figure their own shit out.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
I'm not really sure myself. I remember asking to change it back many times but it fell on deaf ears.

I'm not really sure myself. I remember asking to change it back many times but it fell on deaf ears.
The argument given was in other words a l2p issue from the victims apparently, given the (immense it seem) difficulty to press A or D to dodge it, they nerfed it, as it was also seemingly overly used on NA side.

Im also in favor of reverting it back, before the lock