You ask to remove dodge,but what about disruptor,some deka and SBD nerfs?

Everyone knows that disruptor/deka/sbd are as OP as dodge when it's used by skilled players,but i don't see complaints about it and just everywhere i see complaints about dodge,is it some sort of conspiracy between those who wants just skillstack imps and ez win over the rebs every time they are allowed to do that?

1.Disruptor.
Only imp team has disruptor,it is sniper weapon and it kills every class on full charge(well except 400 hp wook if it's not hs) it also has the instant shot time while any other weapon at mb2 has slower time to hit the target.Also it is pretty much abused on dotf_classicb while snipers can just hide and shoot behind those little pillars almost without getting damage.

2.Deka.
Deka can just cover corridor with fire and if you go out to damage it,deka will hit you and easily regen its shields to proceed supressing fire,especially if deka uses power management.

3.SBD.
The least OP of all i've described above,but still can cover corridor with powerful rapid fire,so the rebel gunners will probably get easily killed when they appear,

To sum up, just imagine what will happen if dodge will get heavily nerfed or removed and Disruptor,Deka,SBD will not get the equal nerf. Imp skill stackers will just scream:EZ REKT!REBS BAD! and similar shit just for the reason,that game will absolutely lose the balance between sides.I hope devs won't let that ever happen at mb2.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
This sounds like "hey please remove all imp opponents that are firing in main corr so I can have a clear way to the obj".
If you can't find counter to the specified classes perhaps you need to rethink your strategy and how to approach them. Try different routes maybe? Wait for a right moment to rush disruptor sniper? I mean, man you play dodge ET now that I see you on the servers, so how can you even make such complaint thread lmao.

This sounds like "hey please remove all imp opponents that are firing in main corr so I can have a clear way to the obj".
If you can't find counter to the specified classes perhaps you need to rethink your strategy and how to approach them. Try different routes maybe? Wait for a right moment to rush disruptor sniper? I mean, man you play dodge ET now that I see you on the servers, so how can you even make such complaint thread lmao.
Cuz it's the only decent counter for disruptor campers,you know yourself that people like to skillstack and when it happens on dotf and i've got useless teammates,they never play tactically,half or more of the team just feeds and the rest just gets outnumbered and outskilled and easily rekt as a result.

Cuz it's the only decent counter for disruptor campers,you know yourself that people like to skillstack and when it happens on dotf and i've got useless teammates,they never play tactically,half or more of the team just feeds and the rest just gets outnumbered and outskilled and easily rekt as a result.

if you actually want a real answer here is what i think is the problem with the things you described: disruptor is only OP on dotf and maybe cloudcity because they are both designed in a way that funnels all players into a long, open corridor with too little usable cover for the rebels who are also at a disadvantage in terms of spawn timings aka imps can set up at the other end of the main corridors before rebs get there. SBD is insanely overpowered only on lunarbase because you don't have to move more than 15 feet to cover all the entrances into the objective so you can just stand and shoot all round in the gen corridor junction and you can use the RETARDED box where you can cover main with half an inch of your forehead sticking out that's been for some reason changed to be that way, or maybe sbd bullet origin height was changed because i'm 100% sure that it wasn't possible to do that a few years ago.

my point is: the problem is with the maps not the classes. every mb2 map has major flaws that can be abused so fucking hard it's insane. go SBD on lunarbase and you're gonna be at such a huge advantage in the gen corridor junction against anyone that comes into your sight you can solo carry on a 32 man server if you're a good player. same for bh on dotf, sit in the long ass corridor with the only hitscan weapon in the game and you're gonna get multiple kills for free every round. same for sith on deathstar, go to the catwalks with 1 or 2 buddies who can press push and you just shut down 1/3rd of the map.

the other thing that just boggles my mind and hopefully not just mine is this: every map in mb2 is defender biased. every. single. one. some to such an extent that if you get out of spawn as the attacking team you should count that as a win (e.g. kamino). why is this a problem? mb2 doesn't have a competitive mode with a set format. you don't play 15 rounds on attack with the same teammates and enemies, then switch sides and now you get to fuck the people who just spawn camped you and it all evens out. in games like counter-strike, overwatch etc where this happens it's not such a big problem to have even very one sided maps like nuke because you switch sides halfway through the match and it's a game of who can score more rounds on the weaker side which can be interesting. mb2 is different. the map gets RTVd to lunarbase, all the good/experienced players know that imps are gonna have a much easier time, they all join imps, they rape the rebels for x rounds, people either leave or RTV, rinse & repeat. this happens almost every time on EU servers. most people just don't want to play attack because it's such a huge disadvantage that it makes the game not fun. nobody likes dying all the time and losing purely because they happened to have connected when the teams were 10vs12 and they had to join the weak side.

Last edited:
if you actually want a real answer here is what i think is the problem with the things you described: disruptor is only OP on dotf and maybe cloudcity because they are both designed in a way that funnels all players into a long, open corridor with too little usable cover for the rebels who are also at a disadvantage in terms of spawn timings aka imps can set up at the other end of the main corridors before rebs get there. SBD is insanely overpowered only on lunarbase because you don't have to move more than 15 feet to cover all the entrances into the objective so you can just stand and shoot all round in the gen corridor junction and you can use the RETARDED box where you can cover main with half an inch of your forehead sticking out that's been for some reason changed to be that way, or maybe sbd bullet origin height was changed because i'm 100% sure that it wasn't possible to do that a few years ago.

my point is: the problem is with the maps not the classes. every mb2 map has major flaws that can be abused so fucking hard it's insane. go SBD on lunarbase and you're gonna be at such a huge advantage in the gen corridor junction against anyone that comes into your sight you can solo carry on a 32 man server if you're a good player. same for bh on dotf, sit in the long ass corridor with the only hitscan weapon in the game and you're gonna get multiple kills for free every round. same for sith on deathstar, go to the catwalks with 1 or 2 buddies who can press push and you just shut down 1/3rd of the map.

the other thing that just boggles my mind and hopefully not just mine is this: every map in mb2 is defender biased. every. single. one. some to such an extent that if you get out of spawn as the attacking team you should count that as a win (e.g. kamino). why is this a problem? mb2 doesn't have a competitive mode with a set format. you don't play 15 rounds on attack with the same teammates and enemies, then switch sides and now you get to fuck the people who just spawn camped you and it all evens out. in games like counter-strike, overwatch etc where this happens it's not such a big problem to have even very one sided maps like nuke because you switch sides halfway through the match and it's a game of who can score more rounds on the weaker side which can be interesting. mb2 is different. the map gets RTVd to lunarbase, all the good/experienced players know that imps are gonna have a much easier time, they all join imps, they rape the rebels for x rounds, people either leave or RTV, rinse & repeat. this happens almost every time on EU servers. most people just don't want to play attack because it's such a huge disadvantage that it makes the game not fun. nobody likes dying all the time and losing purely because they happened to have connected when the teams were 10vs12 and they had to join the weak side.
Wow,finally a constructive answer from you and i agree with everything.

Last edited:

basically

every map in this game sucks omega huge obese dick

Preston

Nerd
First of all. You must never fall into the trap of trying to balance the game around the most skilled players and what they can do vs the rest. MBII has suffered heavily in the past because of this, and it's not a good idea to return to this idiocy of constantly nerfing the skill of the top end into irrelevance, thus squishing the skill ceiling to elevate the mediocre. The wider the skill level possible in a game, the better it is imo.

Dodge is very bad for the game on a fundamental level. It's prone to abuse. You just hide around a corner, pop out and shoot with it active for full invulnerability, then duck back behind cover to recharge. Repeat ad infinitum for profit. I don't think it should be in the game. Why can an ordinary soldier, or even a hero, dodge projectiles like neo from matrix when a jedi/sith cannot? #removedodge.

As for the things that OP mentioned. It's essentially a L2P issue imo. SBD and deka both have quite severe counters. SBD is currently not very OP. Deka is annoying, I agree, but pulse grenades can shut it down. This is the nature of MBII. You have to allow for some rock paper scissor-style gameplay. Personally, I'd like things like clone stun blobs to incapacitate dekas for a bit longer than they currently do, add maybe a sec to their duration.

Disruptor? I wouldn't mind seeing a rebel alternative added so they both have a disruptor-style sniper. If you think disruptors are so OP they need to be removed from the game, you just don't know how to play against them. You can easily fake them out and they are prone to getting rushed by +2 reinforcement classes as much as proj and can ofc also be forced out of position by arcs bouncing shots or well aimed grenades. They are also arguably less versatile at pop-sniping than proj.

Take a look at the first seconds of this clip and do that vs disruptors that camp a corner.
Not to derail, but what's that blood mod you have?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Not to derail, but what's that blood mod you have?

Iirc it's this.

deka has some very hard counters (jedi completely destroy most dekas) and is pretty easy to deal with if you know what to do - the only problems ive ever had with dekas is if very skilled ppl are playng (hexodius, yellow etc)

lol no, if they use repulse (like they should) there is no way a jedi can get any near because you'll get repulsed over and over and over until you drop and if ever you manage to survive 3 repulse inarow the deka will prolly just run away and recharge for round 2.

Last edited:
Also believe it or not dodge is a treath to sword users as well because if you try to defend yourself by deflecting bolts back which is already hard because people wiggle left to right (to dodge hem naturally) they will activate dodge cheat and completly deny any attempt to both defence and attack because at that point you dont even have the force point to trade with anymore for a close battle so you're just forced to run away and wait for another round of dodge cheeze.

Lightning is half filling the role of deflection now (rip jedi) and pretty much the most viable option you can have as a sword user to fight back without push3ing people down a hole, or getting some sweet pulls off panicking/unaware gunners once you get close to hem.

Last edited:
lol no, if they use repulse (like they should) there is no way a jedi can get any near because you'll get repulsed over and over and over until you drop and if ever you manage to survive 3 repulse inarow the deka will prolly just run away and recharge for round 2.

you can get past repulse as long as you dont jump attack, with the low drains rn killing gunners as a jedi or sith isnt particularly hard, even if deflecting isnt as useful

you can get past repulse as long as you dont jump attack, with the low drains rn killing gunners as a jedi or sith isnt particularly hard, even if deflecting isnt as useful
You can block repulse by blocking with your saber if you're in the air. Swingblocking also works against it. Forcewhores are ass against saberists.

A$APRocky

US Official Server Admin
If deka is running repulse then they have no other perks that will help against gunners or getting away quickly = gunners shouldn't have a super hard time killing the deka if done correctly especially if the jedi baits repulses that also being if the deka actually stays and tries to fight. I'm not saying deka is balanced or anything though thats just my opinion on that.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
go SBD on lunarbase and you're gonna be at such a huge advantage in the gen corridor junction against anyone that comes into your sight you can solo carry on a 32 man server if you're a good player.

Don't think this should be a thing after the most recent SBD update. When I updated the map I was sure to copy the size of the old boxes over which meant SBD couldnt shoot (though I missed a box at first), then some adjustments happened and SBD could shoot, but the shooting location has been updated slightly to go with the new model and it shouldn't happen again. Spag specifically tested it.

Don't think this should be a thing after the most recent SBD update. When I updated the map I was sure to copy the size of the old boxes over which meant SBD couldnt shoot (though I missed a box at first), then some adjustments happened and SBD could shoot, but the shooting location has been updated slightly to go with the new model and it shouldn't happen again. Spag specifically tested it.

Just tested it out and you can shoot over the box if and only if you use advanced targeting.

Also, you can actually shoot through the "light" portion of the wall on that map.