You ask to remove dodge,but what about disruptor,some deka and SBD nerfs?

Everyone knows that disruptor/deka/sbd are as OP as dodge when it's used by skilled players,but i don't see complaints about it and just everywhere i see complaints about dodge,is it some sort of conspiracy between those who wants just skillstack imps and ez win over the rebs every time they are allowed to do that?

1.Disruptor.
Only imp team has disruptor,it is sniper weapon and it kills every class on full charge(well except 400 hp wook if it's not hs) it also has the instant shot time while any other weapon at mb2 has slower time to hit the target.Also it is pretty much abused on dotf_classicb while snipers can just hide and shoot behind those little pillars almost without getting damage.

2.Deka.
Deka can just cover corridor with fire and if you go out to damage it,deka will hit you and easily regen its shields to proceed supressing fire,especially if deka uses power management.

3.SBD.
The least OP of all i've described above,but still can cover corridor with powerful rapid fire,so the rebel gunners will probably get easily killed when they appear,

To sum up, just imagine what will happen if dodge will get heavily nerfed or removed and Disruptor,Deka,SBD will not get the equal nerf. Imp skill stackers will just scream:EZ REKT!REBS BAD! and similar shit just for the reason,that game will absolutely lose the balance between sides.I hope devs won't let that ever happen at mb2.

Last edited:
I agree with what you say about the Disruptor. How they could change droideka to make it less unfair to classes that aren't ARC with EMPs or jedi is something I don't know. SBDs I feel are in a good spot right now, the more they get shot the more power they lose which makes them take more damage. SBDs are also pretty slow with a massive hitbox and a wristblaster that has poor accuracy if they don't move even slower. Dodge however makes you temporarily immune to blasterfire while being able to hurt your enemy which is a massive advantage against classes that don't have dodge except for Deka, jedi, and sith.

I agree with what you say about the Disruptor. How they could change droideka to make it less unfair to classes that aren't ARC with EMPs or jedi is something I don't know. SBDs I feel are in a good spot right now, the more they get shot the more power they lose which makes them take more damage. SBDs are also pretty slow with a massive hitbox and a wristblaster that has poor accuracy if they don't move even slower. Dodge however makes you temporarily immune to blasterfire while being able to hurt your enemy which is a massive advantage against classes that don't have dodge except for Deka, jedi, and sith.
I don't say that dodge is ok,it's very OP i agree,but everything i've described just NEEDS EQUAL NERF as will be done to dodge.Until that happens,i will abuse OP dodge as a protest to OP disruptor,deka,sbd abuse.

I don't say that dodge is ok,it's very OP i agree,but everything i've described just NEEDS EQUAL NERF as will be done to dodge.Until that happens,i will abuse OP dodge as a protest to OP disruptor,deka,sbd abuse.
otPgTB3.png

Abusing the current iteration of dodge is a sin that will NEVER be forgiven by the MB2 community. You will be persecuted, humiliated and TKed on sight like the little skill-less pest you are. Don't even try to come up with excuses to try to justify your actions - it's no use. Accept your fate and prepare for punishment. Your death and suffering will be an example for other players, who might be tempted to indulge in this cancer called DODGE.

deka has some very hard counters (jedi completely destroy most dekas) and is pretty easy to deal with if you know what to do - the only problems ive ever had with dekas is if very skilled ppl are playng (hexodius, yellow etc)

disruptor is currently the strongest sniper after proj/ee3 nerfs but isnt too bad - there are plenty of ways to deal with snipers but this is a more valid point -

sbd isnt that strong tbh, currently it is held back by poor drains, and the abundance of op dodge classes that cut it up - and is countered pretty easily by melee wook, pulse nades, snipers, even jedi have a pretty easy time against sbd rn

otPgTB3.png

Abusing the current iteration of dodge is a sin that will NEVER be forgiven by the MB2 community. You will be persecuted, humiliated and TKed on sight like the little skill-less pest you are. Don't even try to come up with excuses to try to justify your actions - it's no use. Accept your fate and prepare for punishment. Your death and suffering will be an example for other players, who might be tempted to indulge in this cancer called DODGE.
Why do i need forgiveness of community,that likes to skillstack,abuses OP things on their favorite imp team and defends it,and even dares to oppose another OP thing,that rebels has got to counter imp team OP thing?
That's not a community then,just bunch of weaklings who prefer skillstack on the most OP team to fair play.

deka has some very hard counters (jedi completely destroy most dekas) and is pretty easy to deal with if you know what to do - the only problems ive ever had with dekas is if very skilled ppl are playng (hexodius, yellow etc)

disruptor is currently the strongest sniper after proj/ee3 nerfs but isnt too bad - there are plenty of ways to deal with snipers but this is a more valid point -

sbd isnt that strong tbh, currently it is held back by poor drains, and the abundance of op dodge classes that cut it up - and is countered pretty easily by melee wook, pulse nades, snipers, even jedi have a pretty easy time against sbd rn
Plenty of ways,but why you didn't mention it then?You've seen yourself how OP disruptor is when Helix,Qwerty,Arkoudaki or someone else plays on imp team and uses it,especially when they skillstack on one team and play as a 3 disruptor BH on dotf.They leave no chance to win for the opposite team,except if their teammates are average or lower skill and rebels are skillstacked.So the only decent way to counter this is dodge ET or hero.
Also you use dodge hero as well.You seem like you don't think about consequences,so if dodge will be removed without equal nerf to disruptor,you will understand how wrong you were when you opposed dodge,but defended disruptor.

not a good idea to balance around particularly skilled players as the majority of people aren't - shoud be balanced around the average disruptor user in terms of skill levels. It's understandable to get frustrated after a really good player kills you many times but this won't be the majority of situations.

No one has said dodge will be removed but will definitely get nerfed - this will not change its effectiveness against snipers compared to how it currently is.

Team stacking is a seperate issue and vet players can stack a server no matter what class they use

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Having mechanics with no counterplay are what really kill fun. i.e. dodge, some legends characters

Disruptor already takes time to charge up, what more would you want from it. its basically useless unless you are camping with it

Last edited:
not a good idea to balance around particularly skilled players as the majority of people aren't - shoud be balanced around the average disruptor user in terms of skill levels. It's understandable to get frustrated after a really good player kills you many times but this won't be the majority of situations.

No one has said dodge will be removed but will definitely get nerfed - this will not change its effectiveness against snipers compared to how

Dude i see you at full open servers once in half year,seems like you just don't meet skilled enough players at all,that's why you say so.
That message was to Noob tho,guess i've missclicked.

Last edited:
When you say they need equal nerfs, you're literally saying that they need equal nerfs to an ability that should have never existed. I wouldn't take it that far.

When you say they need equal nerfs, you're literally saying that they need equal nerfs to an ability that should have never existed. I wouldn't take it that far.
I can say the same about disruptor,there's no place for it in mb2 open mode,same with the dodge.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
First of all. You must never fall into the trap of trying to balance the game around the most skilled players and what they can do vs the rest. MBII has suffered heavily in the past because of this, and it's not a good idea to return to this idiocy of constantly nerfing the skill of the top end into irrelevance, thus squishing the skill ceiling to elevate the mediocre. The wider the skill level possible in a game, the better it is imo.

Dodge is very bad for the game on a fundamental level. It's prone to abuse. You just hide around a corner, pop out and shoot with it active for full invulnerability, then duck back behind cover to recharge. Repeat ad infinitum for profit. I don't think it should be in the game. Why can an ordinary soldier, or even a hero, dodge projectiles like neo from matrix when a jedi/sith cannot? #removedodge.

As for the things that OP mentioned. It's essentially a L2P issue imo. SBD and deka both have quite severe counters. SBD is currently not very OP. Deka is annoying, I agree, but pulse grenades can shut it down. This is the nature of MBII. You have to allow for some rock paper scissor-style gameplay. Personally, I'd like things like clone stun blobs to incapacitate dekas for a bit longer than they currently do, add maybe a sec to their duration.

Disruptor? I wouldn't mind seeing a rebel alternative added so they both have a disruptor-style sniper. If you think disruptors are so OP they need to be removed from the game, you just don't know how to play against them. You can easily fake them out and they are prone to getting rushed by +2 reinforcement classes as much as proj and can ofc also be forced out of position by arcs bouncing shots or well aimed grenades. They are also arguably less versatile at pop-sniping than proj.

Take a look at the first seconds of this clip and do that vs disruptors that camp a corner.

Ye, disruptor can kill almost every class with just one shot and that is pretty OP if we compare it with proj, ee3 or westar m5, also disruptor can't be deflected, but for that shot that get almost every class, you have to be quiet and charge it, you cannot move and if you do you waste your ammo, so can be countered by literally everything that moves, cost more points (just 2 more than the proj but still being points) and takes more time to learn how to use it properly, I've seen people killing with disruptor like the easiest thing to do, but you need skill to use that.

Also, Disruptor is only in imp side because, bruh, that's just canon, disruptor it's supossed to be an illegal weapon on the galaxy and only criminals use it, it's like Wookies uses Bowcaster, clones uses DC-15, ARC uses PLX, etc.

About the Dekas and SBD, both are annoying AF and both have the same counter, and it's called EMP, and if you dont wanna go ARC to get that, you can use other weakness, like dekas can't turn around fast in attack mode so you can just run around him while you shoot or swing, you can jump in the top of their shield, you can just run to their backwards, you can even punch him if you know they are slow hp, or shoot him when he is rolling. To get SBD you can just crouch and swing, or spam everything that shoot faster so you can get his battery and with that he shoots slowly and has less resistance wich means more easy to kill, you can even push him when he is low battery, and if you don't like it, there is literally a WHOLE class to counter SBD, Wookies.

About dodge, it's just broken, I used ET with dodge level 1 and even with that works pretty good, heros can literally walk in a straight line into fire and dodge everything like matrix, you can even aim better with dodge because you can just stand still and shoot, and everything by just pressing one key, it doesn't require any skill, in fact nulifies some skills of gunners like the aim and the evading shots by just the movement, press the key, shoot and when the timer is over, take a cover, that's all you need.

Obviously they are not gonna remove it, dodge it's pretty cool actually, it's just broken and there are many solutions for this on the other post.

otPgTB3.png

alt frag moment
alt frag moment

First of all. You must never fall into the trap of trying to balance the game around the most skilled players and what they can do vs the rest. MBII has suffered heavily in the past because of this, and it's not a good idea to return to this idiocy of constantly nerfing the skill of the top end into irrelevance, thus squishing the skill ceiling to elevate the mediocre. The wider the skill level possible in a game, the better it is imo.

Dodge is very bad for the game on a fundamental level. It's prone to abuse. You just hide around a corner, pop out and shoot with it active for full invulnerability, then duck back behind cover to recharge. Repeat ad infinitum for profit. I don't think it should be in the game. Why can an ordinary soldier, or even a hero, dodge projectiles like neo from matrix when a jedi/sith cannot? #removedodge.

As for the things that OP mentioned. It's essentially a L2P issue imo. SBD and deka both have quite severe counters. SBD is currently not very OP. Deka is annoying, I agree, but pulse grenades can shut it down. This is the nature of MBII. You have to allow for some rock paper scissor-style gameplay. Personally, I'd like things like clone stun blobs to incapacitate dekas for a bit longer than they currently do, add maybe a sec to their duration.

Disruptor? I wouldn't mind seeing a rebel alternative added so they both have a disruptor-style sniper. If you think disruptors are so OP they need to be removed from the game, you just don't know how to play against them. You can easily fake them out and they are prone to getting rushed by +2 reinforcement classes as much as proj and can ofc also be forced out of position by arcs bouncing shots or well aimed grenades. They are also arguably less versatile at pop-sniping than proj.

Take a look at the first seconds of this clip and do that vs disruptors that camp a corner.
That doesn't exactly show how they counter ruptors considering they just completely relied on their enemy missing since they fire after they leave the crosshair instead of when they are on it.

That video only shows how to fight against 1 disruptor camper,but it becomes hell when it's 2 and even 3 of them at once,especially if they are very skilled with it,that trick with proj just doesn't work,like i never tried that in such situations,you just get sniped by one of those.Also that trick is absolutely useless on dotf_classicb or dotf_classic at main corridor,disruptor campers just camp behind the pillars,charge the shot while sitting,and their head appears only to shoot.
And again i also see you at full EU open servers quite rare,what's the matter,mb2 analyst?How can you speak about current mb2 condition,while you almost never see it in real action,not just on some random 5v5 server?
I know that you're an old player,but that's not explanation,cuz gameplay changes along with players and situations.

Last edited: