•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Yet another newbie.

Hello There.

At the begining I'd like to say hi to everyone in this forum. I'm just a new player who dont know much about this mod but I really wanna to enjoy it. Also sorry for terribad english. Now, I'd like to ask few things:

- How should I setup my game? I mena, what options to set and how to, to improve my gameplay (mostly lag issues, high ping I mean).
- Is there any list of usefull commands? I saw someone on YT using few of them to improve quality of life but I need some specified list to use.
- Any newbie advices?
- How to lower ping? I have around 50-80 in every game, 180 in MBII.

Big love and thanks if someone will respond, :)

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
First you wanna read this My First Day in MBII

Secondly, your high ping is most like due to you not playing on your regional servers. If you are from NA play on NA servers, from Europe, play on European servers and so on.

Welcome

Welcome to MB2 the land of getting banned on AOD and dying many...many...times. But do not falter you will get gud.
also watch out for A.I, they will mess you up.
giphy.gif

Ye I'm about to try get gud, I enjoy playing and even dying in this game.

Does commands like seta bobup 0 etc from the introduction thread should be used every single game launch?

All I need is someone teaching me how to play and naswering my questions :p Coz in most of the time I have just a little idea what im doing, but so far im really enjoying soldier / deka

All I need is someone teaching me how to play and naswering my questions :p Coz in most of the time I have just a little idea what im doing, but so far im really enjoying soldier / deka
Dont' ask AOD people they won't train ya. On JIM duel most people will train ya

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Hello There.

At the begining I'd like to say hi to everyone in this forum. I'm just a new player who dont know much about this mod but I really wanna to enjoy it. Also sorry for terribad english. Now, I'd like to ask few things:

- How should I setup my game? I mena, what options to set and how to, to improve my gameplay (mostly lag issues, high ping I mean).
- Is there any list of usefull commands? I saw someone on YT using few of them to improve quality of life but I need some specified list to use.
- Any newbie advices?
- How to lower ping? I have around 50-80 in every game, 180 in MBII.

Big love and thanks if someone will respond, :)

Hello and welcome to MBII! Jedi academy is an old, old game. Came out in 2003 and engine is even older. This means that the game mostly can't take advantage of high speed internet and maxrate for most servers is 25000 or 35000 which is tiny compared to smth like counter strike. That is why even if the server is relatively close to you, you might not get low ping. Ping in MBII is mostly dependant on how far u are from the server. So if you're getting 180 that means you're connecting to Euro servers if you're murican, or murican servers if you're in eu.

Rate 25000
snaps 40
cl_maxpackets 100
com_maxfps 60/125/144 with 125 being norm and usually the best choice.
cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 1
cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1
cg_fov 97

That's probably the essential commands that I input if I reinstall the game.

And finally, back in the old days I got good by watching other ppl play. Since you expressed an interest in open mode/gunner gameplay you could take a look at this video

There are also others on my channel, but that one is long and has alot of gameplay so it might be useful as a substitute for tips. Other than that, play alot and read wiki/guides and just ask ppl in the game if there's smth u don't know.

Hope you'll enjoy this game for a long time to come!
-peace.

Actually my problem is... recoil as shooter. Everyone is RUNNING and hitting me from shitass longrange out of nowhere with 0 recoil, but when I want to run and shoot my blaster bullets goes everywhere except target. IN shorts: Enemy recoil when run is lower than my recoil when i stand. Thats the first thing i cant understand.

Snipers shooting me thru walls is second, like im covered by the wall and got sniped thru it.

and command listed above about fov cant work, i tried it so many times and it jsut dont.

Also, is best resolution is my screen resolution, or i should go lower? coz i must say that playing in 3rd person at 1920x1080 makes me mad coz i cant see long range shit anyway

Big Love, Roy :3

Snipers shooting me thru walls is second, like im covered by the wall and got sniped thru it.

you can't get shot through walls. You are most likely behind a wall but exposing your hand/leg etc.

Happens for example when you hold a grenade, your hand has a hitbox and its far off the body