[WIP] K-2SO player model

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hey!

Decided to make a WIP thread for the model of K-2SO that I recently started working on. Been working on the head for some nights now and here's what I got so far:

k2so.jpg

As you can see I'm planning to make a high poly version first with a lot of the detail modelled in as actual geometry. It's a lengthy process, but this way it's a learning process for me and I get a chance to hone my workflow and try out some new tools and techniques. Hard surface modelling has recently been my fascination, pretty much since I was working on Jyn Erso's gun.

After the high poly model is done I'll model a low poly one on top of it in a resolution suitable for JAMP. After that I can bake out ambient occlusion, normal and cavity maps etc. None of those will be supported by MB2 of course (at least before the awesome work on rend2 by DF2 modders at JKHub will be ported to JAMP) but I can still use them to help out greatly in the texturing process. After the low poly model and textures are done, it's the usual business to get it ingame: weighting, caps, LODs...

Overall the whole thing will most likely take a long time since most of the time I'm busy with work and uni. How long I cannot really say, but hopefully before GoodOl'Ben makes his Jedha map. :D Christmas might be a good time to aim for, since the new movie will provide new things to model as well so having this out of the way by then would probably be nice.

All kinds of comments and suggestions are welcome! I'm also open for questions if people are interested in hearing something more specific about the workflow. :)

Upvote 0
i think the k2so model should be in the wooks for the rebels and maybe sbd for the imps with custom animation so he can smack down the imps as a "wook", it would look amazing to see that lol