• or not to ship,

• and Zabraks will pay for these!

Results are only viewable after voting.

k4far

Banned
Donator
1497127796994-min.jpg
There are two easter eggs in this picture, but one of them is fake news ~ D.T

Hangar could use more tactical spots other than just corners, and camping the elevator - hoping to kick out someone got boring already.​

How about shooting down that ship to crush the person walking under, or shooting from it.
Last update to Dotf was really nice. Still, Map is soo overplayed - what else would You change to lower the boredom?

Last edited:
Where as it would look nice, it would be a lot of time taken to edit the map where there are more in portent mapping things to take care of right now, in my opinion anyway. plus all i can see is Mandos going to them, bitching about slipping off and dying, ooooor people on the hanger floor bitching that they saw nothing in catwalk but still got Mando-rekt i mean I'd still like to see them just cause it would look kinda neat but idk not really a super big push for it either, it would be a camping spot for any class that can get them, and even with jedi and sith, be a nice time waste spot most likely im just pointing out all the annyoing things that COULD come with placing them in

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
There are several reasons there isn't ships in DOTF hangar.

1) Performance. Performance in DOTF hangar has always been a problem with the numerous areas that join with it (Fed, Main, Gen) and adding ships would simply make it worse.
2) Specific classes, mainly Jedi, Sith, and Mandalorian, would hugely benefit from those ships being campable and hard to access or shoot onto by other classes. Prolonging rounds, or giving those classes many more points of ambush giving those classes far more mobility in the hangar than they currently have.
3) It would take a bit more work to do properly as the current models for the N-1 Starfighter in JKA are crap and new ones would need to be made.
4) If added for the sake of completeness, the fly-out script I started for round start would need to be finished.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I fancy the idea of People working together towards a very important yet, so common goal... making a human ladder - for those who can not jump this high, haha.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
Consider, the Generator Room - mainly used for time wasting. It could be made shorter to free up some entities, 2 - 3 less ray shields will not make a significant visual difference to anyone.

Ships were shut down and just fell down...
from insignificant height. No reason
to be set on fire, to me.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Gen has already changed for the V2 version of DOTF. The pit area is removed entirely for the non-duel version of the map. I don't think it will fix the performance problem though as the pit area generally was culled off due to dual-area portals.

Gen has already changed for the V2 version of DOTF. The pit area is removed entirely for the non-duel version of the map. I don't think it will fix the performance problem though as the pit area generally was culled off due to dual-area portals.
Jakku is laggier than Dotf ever was at any location. I did not experience any differences between the different areas even on my 2007 craptop.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Geonosis Arena got the best performance imo, even with a server full of p3ople.
How would they do it? Guess, there are no ents scattered around, or the mapper was especially talented.

Since when a certain playstyle is a problem. Are You authistic or stn. Why would You expect everyone to play the same way You do?

You do not run main to die in a fucking crossfire each round? - "a time waster..."

You are not going at enemies with their number adventage - fucjbg timebwaster.

Get it over with, Your round endedtbg thebmoment You died a miserable death, so let the others play as they please. If You are in hurry - not a single guy xares.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Jakku is laggier than Dotf ever was at any location. I did not experience any differences between the different areas even on my 2007 craptop.

Not sure what that really has to do with the problem. Just because DOTFs performance problems aren't as bad, doesn't mean they don't exist. Part of the reason they aren't as bad is because things like that aren't there.