Why is this game so toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I went on an EU server, and with 160 - 200 ping, I managed to get top on the board two map resets in a row as a gunner(my aim is terrible). Trust me, almost everybody in a pub server, EU or NA, is terrible. Just terrible. While I have no doubt your grandma is an MB2 god, I doubt pub players on NA are any worse than EU pubbies.

EUs got better duelists, though, IMO.
noobs godda be noobs but the number of skilled EU players is and will always be higher

k4far

Banned
Donator

*hysteric sobbing*.

Wait,
playing ass one class all the time (Dotf, dotf dotf - dotf intensifies) and camper shooting as your team 5 vs 1 knocks down Your opponents for You makes you a "good" player. How come. With so little Community We can not have any good players, Actually good ones were smarter than this and They must have left Movie Battles in their time. I would not be proud of being "significant" surrounded by "leftovers". MB is for lolz, not for screeching about who is better.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
it's simple why this game is toxic. Because it has been allowed to be that way by those who could have stopped it. That is the admins in the servers don't do anything against it and make it the norm. In the forums over the years people have gotten super lax as well. Ultimately, MBII became toxic due to the lack of care from people who could have done something about it, but chose not to.

noobs godda be noobs but the number of skilled EU players is and will always be higher

Well, yeah. For the most part, EU is a lot more pop'd than NA, so it's obvious that there'd be more skilled players EU side. While NA is only really populated during the day, EU can be populated at all hours of the day, and night it seems.

it's simple why this game is toxic. Because it has been allowed to be that way by those who could have stopped it. That is the admins in the servers don't do anything against it and make it the norm. In the forums over the years people have gotten super lax as well. Ultimately, MBII became toxic due to the lack of care from people who could have done something about it, but chose not to.

Lack of care, indeed.

Lack of care for players that cry over being killed, then insult the player(s) who killed them, then when insults are thrown towards them in retaliation, they cry that the community is toxic.

Lack of care for players that insult, then when they are insulted back, and targeted by a player (IE Kael going on his witch hunts) better than them, they cry that they're being targeted, and that the community is toxic.

Lack of care for players that throw slurs, and other racial comments around in servers, and again, when they're targeted by people like Kael, they cry that the community is toxic. After the whole thing is said and done, they start to repeat 'lol jk' after all their insults, and still get targeted, then continue to complain about the game being toxic.

Sadly, these players are in the majority, and they're mostly new. Or, they're the players that are practicing satire. If any players do these things, I am not going to do anything (with exception to slurs and racial comments ofc) to them. If they're targeted, I will do nothing. There is no rule on the servers against players targeting other players. If there are players repeating 'lool reekt' after every kill, or repeating insults back to other players but with 'ur mum' attached to the end of the sentence, I will do nothing.

As an admin, I'm not bound to a moral code, I'm bound to a specific set of rules. I mean, sure, if I see a new player struggling with something, and he has accidentally angered a better player, or there are more experienced players trying to knock his lives down in duels, I may ask them to stop, and pull him aside for some basic instruction, that's one thing.

But if I see a player who has played for every day of a month so far, and he's being targeted after insulting the hell out of other, more experienced players?

I will do nothing as his own actions destroy him. I'll be a cuddle bear for players with no idea of what they're doing, not for players that are gonna be genuine assholes to other players, then cry when they are stomped into the dirt by said players.

Last edited:
comic.jpg

to be fair though, the community has been getting more toxic than before, also it doesnt help the cause to have servers like tR being the central of trolling and gathering people and also making others the new breed of toxic players.

to be fair though, the community has been getting more toxic than before, also it doesnt help the cause to have servers like tR being the central of trolling and gathering people and also making others the new breed of toxic players.
ok u either have aod (sweaty tryhards that get mad when u teabag them with 24/7 eziest map of all tiem) or tr (ppl saying the big bad n word a lot)

idk dude imma take ppl callin me gay over dotf

Last edited:
The problem is the fact that the most popular servers are the hosts of the shittiest players in terms of attitude. tR has a bunch of 12 year olds thinking saying the hard R is cool, and banning players for accidently TKing even though thats why we have the TK points system. Then there's AOD which as said by Sanic, is full of tryhards. I'd also consider AOD to be stupidly strict, a friend of mine got banned just for having the name Ronald Reagan because it had to do with politics, yet they let the guy named "President Trump" off the hook for no apparent reason. AOD is full of tryhards and non-sensible rules while tR is just plain shit. I mean seriously, you can't play on that damn server for one day without meeting someone who goes around TK'ing saying, "We need to burn the jews!" or "You're all a bunch of n*****s." The staff don't do jack shit, and when they do it's always when they're the ones effected by it. I asked a tR member how to get unbanned and their genuine reply was, "You really just have to suck Warlock's dick tbh." Terrible server.

Not like I could play on tR to experience the cancer anymore since they banned me for accidently roll stabbing a teammate :')

I've kinda stopped playing just cause of this, not as much older players that everyone knows are playing much right now anyway, its like MBII has been flooded with new members which isn't an issue in the long run but i don't care to play atm besides that i did try and play about a week ago, on a few different servers, I'm gonna have to say the general rules for trolling look different in that everyone trolls for a while then they just stop then start up after a few rounds, which is annoying if your trying to just have some fun and you start every round either dead or 25% hp or being blocked, or kicked down while trying to h4xs something little bit is ok and i mean just a little bit not everyone playing server troll its like a whole bunch of shitty bobs and im rebels running around :| , but people are like OD trolling and just complain and getting into chat spam arguments which is always fun to see >_<

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Stop talking about why it's toxic and change it.
Don't feed the trolls.
Don't troll.
Have a distance to people on the internet.
Don't play on servers without proper administration.
Ignore the bait.
Have fun, it's just a video game available to almost everyone for everyone.
Developers change the code, you can only change your attitudes, chill, play.

I'm closing this thread because it doesn't go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.