Why is this game so toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get to laugh so much over this game it is great. Strange yet, soo entertaining.
Laughing will always have a future - Movie Battles not dying confirmed.
I can confirm, this game gave me the best keks of my life

I have a very bad habit of getting super salty and saying shit I really shouldn't, even had someone post some of it on my shitshop thread randomly.

But i'm trying my best to keep my salt under control in the future.

All I can tell you m8 is to remember that it's just a game and to not get too mad over it because it isn't worth it.

EDIT:There are some players however who will try to bully you no matter what like Ginkobum. All I can say about him is just ignore him and learn to laugh at how hard he tries to shit on people. :^)

Last edited:
"Salt is necessary for the human body. It regulates fluid levels, and it prevents low blood pressure."

You could've just google searched it first.

Filthy organics..

Cool and good, Lightspinners spinning to the universe! We will overcome saltiness and evil in MBII!

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-24-11.06.19.jpg
    PicsArt_05-24-11.06.19.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 205

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
^ but actually a really beautiful characterization of the NA mentality

"if i had to rely on my teammates i wouldn't really be good at video games!"

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
aimbots vs skill?

crosshair vs no crosshair? (sometimes I play no crosshair, it makes my aim better for some reason)

Because in a game like this people aren't accountable for anything they do or say. They can just change their name at will and start anew. People will always talk shit no matter what. But, if that is what is fun for them, so be it xD. I'm not going to tell someone how to enjoy themselves.

But for real pro tips, you can use console and type /ignore player (ex. /ignore Sea Otter) and you will not see text from that player anymore. If that is not enough, there is an option for team chat only in Setup.

Karus

Donator
The fact that players are suggesting that newcomers should simply desensitize themselves before playing the game is pretty astounding. It seems to prove a point about the community being toxic.
That being said though, while I'm sure many would love to help clean up the community, it really is quite difficult given that most trolls on MB2 use VPN's to bypass permanent server bans among other things.
I do condone the spastics who run around TK'ing as if it's funny. For people who just want to immerse themselves in a Star Wars game for an hour or two and have it be ruined by im rebel (lol), it can be very irritating.
Unfortunately you're just going to have to use the /ignore feature and/or play on different servers until you find one's that are better suited towards what you want to experience in-game.
Perhaps with some time the trolls will get bored and play an even more retarded game whilst high instead.
Hope this helped.
- Karus Da Ego Meme Lord of Justice and Stability

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I do condone the spastics who run around TK'ing as if it's funny.
con·done
kənˈdōn/
verb
verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning
accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

People get pissed off at me on the enemy team(usually after I have killed them) just because I don't use a lightsaber(fists r betr), and then when I tell them to 'git gud', or 'ur mums a dick lol rekt kid', they tell me I'm a toxic player, and that I'm ruining the game. People DO need to desensitize themselves when playing online, in any game. I've gone to servers and had insult throwing matches with people, who I've thanked for the fun time when I leave(they usually respond in kind). These are the kinds of people who have desensitized themselves. I've managed to make people rage quit from games by simply making them angry by killing them, then repeating their insults with 'ur mum' attached to the end of it, followed by 'rekt kid lol'.

Maybe you people (not you specifically) ought to stop being a bunch of fucking cuddlebears, and learn that the world's people aren't nice, and said people aren't going to treat you well for the sake of it(unless you live in Canada, I suppose), unless they want something from you(DayZ, great example of this kind of behavior).

But please, all of you, continue to complain.

While I do not necessarily agree with the anticipated complaints of the newer (Year or two of sporadic play) players in this stupid/fun game, know that I will defend to the death their right to complain about it. I would also like to make it clear that this topic has been done at least a million times in the past, and like always, will amount to nothing. Nothing here will change, and if you don't like it, or can't accept it...

Play the game, ignore the players, or if those concepts are alien to you; shuffle on away from the game, and put yourselves out of our misery until we see you again in a couple years after you decide to come back to see how the game is doing. (Pst, spoiler alert, good chance this game is gonna be fuckin' dead by then, pal. Enjoy it while it lasts! Or, you could get on the dev team, I guess.)

Note - Karus, if you're not sure what a word means, be sure to look up the definition. Not even going to mention which one, as it's been said.

Note 2
my blind grandma would do well on NA servers

Yesterday, I went on an EU server, and with 160 - 200 ping, I managed to get top on the board two map resets in a row as a gunner(my aim is terrible). Trust me, almost everybody in a pub server, EU or NA, is terrible. Just terrible. While I have no doubt your grandma is an MB2 god, I doubt pub players on NA are any worse than EU pubbies.

EUs got better duelists, though, IMO.

disfuckingameman.jpg

Last edited:

Karus

Donator
con·done
kənˈdōn/
verb
verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning
accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.
I meant in the sense of disregarding/forgetting their behaviour.

a major part of oldschool gaming communities like this one is just fucking around for shits and giggles and screwing with people

easy to see why people think it's "toxic"

Status
Not open for further replies.