What are your thoughts on Hero/Bounty Hunters in general?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
How "consistent" should counterplay be? I mean, sniper weapons are fundamentally point-and-click. Should a skilled player be able to consistently nullify an attempt to click on them? Personally I like focusing on suppression/pre-firing/predicting because it's all based on being aware of the sniper's existence, and it all just discourages that sniper rather than nullifying them. I like the notion that snipers are at their best position when the enemy is either not yet aware of them, it encourages making the most of your first shot and repositioning. This also makes sniper very strong when the enemy is too pressured to suppress the sniper (like if a saberist is advancing on them), which I like because it keeps sniper as "support."

many maps, though, don't allow for very much "repositioning" aside from outright switching routes.

in short, i guess i like the idea of sniper being good for surprise or support but being consistently bad in a head-to-head. 2x damage while scoped (combined with the existing no-quickscoping mechanic) would strongly discourage using sniping in a 1 on 1 (aside from surprise attacks), but it wouldn't outright ruin it. A good sniper would land consistent mid-close-range shots once the scope wait time is over, but a good gunner would already have landed some massive damage headshots after the sniper scoped (slowing them down).

regarding the existing counterplay of sniping (of "predicting"), I don't know how much at the highest level snipers are capable of completely over-riding timing mixups with pure reflex. By which I mean, from how challenging I personally find sniping, I feel like legitimately good ("unpredictable") evasive movement combined with suppressive spray already makes sniping very hard. Especially if the gunner notes when the sniper scopes and changes direction right before the earliest moment that the sniper can fire.

i also just wonder if sniper really isn't that overpowered at all if people just used more rally soldier squads as the core of their team, but with CC2 gone, soldiers are also one of the easiest classes to click on. But they still have multiple lives and a lot of suppressive power.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I really, really miss the old alternative role of Heroes with Dodge 3, Heal 3 being up close and personal gunmen. The quick and frantic gunfights one after another.

I really, really miss the old alternative role of Heroes with Dodge 3, Heal 3 being up close and personal gunmen. The quick and frantic gunfights one after another.
Seeing how proj keeps getting worse every patch, I think it may be a decent idea to remove it from hero completely. Making hero a versatile close combat brawler with a few tricks up it's sleeve can make it way more fun. Right now this class is kinda stuck in this stagnant "sniper" role.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
BH is mostly fine, 'cept for how powerful poison is. Hero has way too much of everything. I'd like to see proj move from hero/BH to either a new class, or ET/Com. Picking Proj rifle on Commander could prevent you from taking E-11/Rally. Disruptor is honestly strong enough as it is for BH, just no one ever uses it because proj is infinitely better.

BH is mostly fine, 'cept for how powerful poison is. Hero has way too much of everything. I'd like to see proj move from hero/BH to either a new class, or ET/Com. Picking Proj rifle on Commander could prevent you from taking E-11/Rally. Disruptor is honestly strong enough as it is for BH, just no one ever uses it because proj is infinitely better.

lol

here what i think ok

me think i tired of seein this shit

w2b1e.jpg

w2b2V.png

and havin 2 turn around and go another route evry tiem cuz i dont want to get oneshot by the guy autofellating himself about how much of a snipe gawd he is

evry tiem i see this shit i hav to drop evrything i do and run fast somewhere else and no matter what at least one route has these guys on it so you're basically 50/50 of running into these people

i feel sorry for the dotf guys becuz that map is just one rly long hallway connected by other also really big hallways and there's only two routes to anything unless u hack the console, which btw mandos can rollpack there first and wait in gen 2 snipe oneshot anyone trying 2 open side path so gg idiot u wanted to flank wat r u sum kind of retard? haha that map fellate sniper no wonder aod love it

the actual balance of it? idk i guess it's good if u run rly fast they cant shoot u becuz theyre bad

mando sniper is k u can like 2-3shot ppl with it so that's kul lol

the projectile gun is alright it has that stand still thing and the delay so if you twitch a lil bit they can't hit u becuz lmao these guys cant aim u missed my head lol? shud of aimed 4 my enormous wang lol cant miss that

people say it hard 2 use becuz it's a moving bullet which make no sense 2 me because every gun in this game haev moving bullet and this one fastest moving bullet? y it suddenly big deal?

In short they're fucking annoying but it's not like they're actually overpowered or anything. I also don't want to see 2life soldiers with sniper rifles because it's enough of a pain in the ass to bumrush these guys and put holes in them before they can switch off of their rifle made out of solidified ego. Keep that shit on a class where they fuck up once and they lose their right to sit on their ass all round.

Poison/Tracking dart is fine. The damage is low and one of those only does anything if you make something of it (saem problm w/ emp grenaed? lol!!!). Bounty movespeed is insane and gunkick is really good if you don't suck. Disruptor rifle underutilized (y u no use gun ppl can't dodge? maybe cuz u cant aim lol? u haet sniper bullet speed but u dont use instant sniper instead?)

Dodge is actually good. If you know how to use it (u hit the button when a gunner look at u ooooo 2hard 4 me) then you can tank like 4-5 shots with it in a game where u die in like six hits lol damn also it work when u do meditate so u can slow teabag ppl and dodge bullet

in short i rather deal w/ this than anothr fukin bad snipr camping long ok ty pls remove bullet gun from game
w2bf0.jpg