Welcome new players!

There seems to be a lot of new buzz for the mod now that The Force Awakens is out. We've been noticing that the game is proving to be quite a handful to soak up. We hope to provide better support for new players in-game in the future, but for now please try your best to refer to the in-game library as well as existing guides here on the forums!

Use these links to get started!
My First Day in MBII | Movie Battles II Community
[Guide] The Dueling Compendium | Movie Battles II Community

If any issues arise, this is a good place to start solving them.
Support | Movie Battles II Community

It's terrific to see the player count climbing higher and higher daily. It looks like we're at a risk of running out of servers at the moment. This is probably the best time for anyone interested in starting up a server to do so as you'll be guaranteed quite a lot of patronage ;)

I urge all the vets to be gentle with the newer folk. Please try to be helpful. If you see someone playing very fresh, might be a good idea to give him a few pointers for the future after you've wrecked his face once.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I have been playing the game since the new star wars movie came out. When the 2.0.0 version message popped up: There is a new version available in order to play you have to update the launcher, so i accept. Then this happens : an error from Microsoft .NET Framework telling me that my pc has denied the acces path to C:\Programfiles(x86)/SWJKJA\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe, i can still continue but then another message says: (autoupdate) please wait. new version of launcher is being installed... But it wont install nothing, it gets stuck :(
So you did download Launcher from http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe ?
Download it, overwrite file C:\Programfiles(x86)/SWJKJA\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe.
If you'll get message that file is in use, open Task Manager and terminate MBIILauncher.exe, overwrite file again.

ok now i overwrited the launcher, now i can play but its the 1.3.2 version and i cant find any servers, god damn it this is so difficult xD
So you did download Launcher from http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe ?
Download it, overwrite file C:\Programfiles(x86)/SWJKJA\GameData\MBIILauncher.exe.
If you'll get message that file is in use, open Task Manager and terminate MBIILauncher.exe, overwrite file again.
Ok , i overwrited the launcher like 5 times and now this happens: I open the launcher and install the game again, it fully installs and then the same error from .Net framework saying that has denied a path, but now the launcher says -status: preparing to update... BUT NOTHING HAPPENS :(

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Are you running the launcher as admin? Does your Windows account have admin privileges? Sometimes this stuff with Windows privileges can mess the launcher up, especially if it has to deal with the Program Files folders (Steam version usually installs there for example). Right clicking the launcher and choosing "run as administrator" might help in some cases.

...also make sure you do have the .NET framework installed it was whining about. :)

Are you running the launcher as admin? Does your Windows account have admin privileges? Sometimes this stuff with Windows privileges can mess the launcher up, especially if it has to deal with the Program Files folders (Steam version usually installs there for example). Right clicking the launcher and choosing "run as administrator" might help in some cases.

...also make sure you do have the .NET framework installed it was whining about. :)
Yes im running it as admin, and i also have Microsoft .NET framework 4.5.1 installed... However i dont have the Steam version and i think the problem is that when that error from .net framework pops up. Man i dont know what to do and this game was sickk :(

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
ok now i overwrited the launcher, now i can play but its the 1.3.2 version and i cant find any servers, god damn it this is so difficult xD
Make sure you set "Source: Internet" in server list window.
Your Jedi Academy must be patched to 1.01. If yours isn't patched, download patch here:
http://jkhub.org/files/file/73-jedi-academy-patch-pc/
or here:
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy: Patch 1.01 zum Download - 4Players.de
or here:
Patch 1.01 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Downloads | GameWatcher
Ok , i overwrited the launcher like 5 times and now this happens: I open the launcher and install the game again, it fully installs and then the same error from .Net framework saying that has denied a path, but now the launcher says -status: preparing to update... BUT NOTHING HAPPENS :(
I don't understand. If you already had version of Launcher that doesn't want to be updated, why did you downloaded some other version?
Please, download this to Jedi Academy\GameData\MBLauncher.exe:
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe
And don't download MBII Launcher anymore.
If you still some errors with Launcher, post a screenshot.

Okay, first of all is this, as you can see everything is ok.
ea082ff86d8d15976d3e8587612104c6
(I'll just post this to make sure you can see the screenshot)

Make sure you set "Source: Internet" in server list window.
Your Jedi Academy must be patched to 1.01. If yours isn't patched, download patch here:
http://jkhub.org/files/file/73-jedi-academy-patch-pc/
or here:
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy: Patch 1.01 zum Download - 4Players.de
or here:
Patch 1.01 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Downloads | GameWatcher

I don't understand. If you already had version of Launcher that doesn't want to be updated, why did you downloaded some other version?
Please, download this to Jedi Academy\GameData\MBLauncher.exe:
http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.exe
And don't download MBII Launcher anymore.
If you still some errors with Launcher, post a screenshot.
ILL PUT THE SCREENSHOTS WITH GYAZO LINKS!!
First: Gyazo - ea082ff86d8d15976d3e8587612104c6.png , as you can see everything is OK
Second: Gyazo - 7d187ac04194880f079168bde83bc4d0.png , is the launcher supposed to be like this? because when i play the game with source: INTERNET, it wont find any servers

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
ILL PUT THE SCREENSHOTS WITH GYAZO LINKS!!
First: Gyazo - ea082ff86d8d15976d3e8587612104c6.png , as you can see everything is OK
Second: Gyazo - 7d187ac04194880f079168bde83bc4d0.png , is the launcher supposed to be like this? because when i play the game with source: INTERNET, it wont find any servers
I can't open it, I believe it isn't best image hosting =\
Upload screenshot on forum instead.

Did you install patch as I said?
If you did, open console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `), type:
Code:
connect 146.0.32.133:20657
Press enter. What will happen?

e53c1ef3e2a4.png

0ed0a967420a.jpg

f2f25c691599.jpg

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Running as admin doesn't necessarily give you admin permissions (depending on... factors). Sometimes you have to go and change the GameData folder to give the User group Modify permissions.

Hey there.

I've been playing Jedi Academy for years, but never tried this mod.

See you in the game

Code:

e53c1ef3e2a4.png
Code:

e53c1ef3e2a4.png
It wont find the server...
i cant upload screenshots it says they are too large
i think i give up too tricky for me.. anyways thanks for the help and hf

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It wont find the server...
i cant upload screenshots it says they are too large
i think i give up too tricky for me.. anyways thanks for the help and hf
It's shame you decided to give up. It really shouldn't be hard, many peoples successfully solved this issue.
Now I see your screenshots, they look fine. No need to download Launcher anymore.
But you didn't answer about patching your JA. Your Jedi Academy must be 1.0.1.0 in order to play.
Also a firewall could be a problem, the game should be allowed to access Internet.
Nice keyboard ojisan.
Just a random picture from google.

It's shame you decided to give up. It really shouldn't be hard, many peoples successfully solved this issue.
Now I see your screenshots, they look fine. No need to download Launcher anymore.
But you didn't answer about patching your JA. Your Jedi Academy must be 1.0.1.0 in order to play.
Also a firewall could be a problem, the game should be allowed to access Internet.

Just a random picture from google.
holy shit!! it workss!!! my game wasnt patched as u said! i downloaded the patch and now i can find the servers!!! thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like most players that care enough to visit the forums are competent enough to figure most things out. Except for the tilda + shift = console. That shit was engineered to be hard.