Welcome new players!

There seems to be a lot of new buzz for the mod now that The Force Awakens is out. We've been noticing that the game is proving to be quite a handful to soak up. We hope to provide better support for new players in-game in the future, but for now please try your best to refer to the in-game library as well as existing guides here on the forums!

Use these links to get started!
My First Day in MBII | Movie Battles II Community
[Guide] The Dueling Compendium | Movie Battles II Community

If any issues arise, this is a good place to start solving them.
Support | Movie Battles II Community

It's terrific to see the player count climbing higher and higher daily. It looks like we're at a risk of running out of servers at the moment. This is probably the best time for anyone interested in starting up a server to do so as you'll be guaranteed quite a lot of patronage ;)

I urge all the vets to be gentle with the newer folk. Please try to be helpful. If you see someone playing very fresh, might be a good idea to give him a few pointers for the future after you've wrecked his face once.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The struggle is real, waited for 280 secs on my favourite EU Duel Server. Gave up.

Anyway, welcome, fresh meat.
C'mon it's nothing like back in the days when you had to wait ages just to get on Spirits Within, which was the only decent server. :D

Phelps

Donator
Hmmh, that's some old times right there. Can't even remember, if I were to wait longer than that. I guess I might, heh.

Well, as a new player, I can say that a LOT of veteran players have been very helpful in helping me learn the game (to the point where I was able to use soldier and jedi to get a score/round ratio of about 180/20 on lunarbase) rather quickly. I'm still playing around with the other classes, hoping that my terrible aim won't prevent me from getting good with classes other than jedi (which i'm at least decent with now, not great but at least good), and i'm sure I can get plenty of hints from the mostly amazing community here ^^

WIth that being said, the only consistent issue I have is technical. It's probably more my crappy laptop and internet, but often I find myself disconnected from a server or suffering terrible lag at the beginning of a match (there have been times where I died in the smuggler map before I could even see anything happening). I imagine the massive influx of players and the issue with ssx only made this so much worse! It's not usually bad enough to make more than a small dent on my performance during the round as a whole, but hearing the announcer say one about 8 times at the beginning of every round and finding that the team is about 20 steps ahead of me is a bit of a pain. Again, I dunno if this is just a crappy computer and internet connection thing, or if it's general. If you can figure out a way to update the servers in some way to help them deal with more people, i'd very much appreciate that!

May the Force be with everybody :D

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Some of the crashes are current known performance issues which the development team are looking at. Hopefully we'll be able to sort them out soon enough. Glad to see you enjoying the game. It's got a hell of a lot of depth to keep you learning for ages.

Some of the crashes are current known performance issues which the development team are looking at. Hopefully we'll be able to sort them out soon enough. Glad to see you enjoying the game. It's got a hell of a lot of depth to keep you learning for ages.
It must if it's kept people playing for over 12 years! I think you guys should go on some sort of record book or something for that, maybe with "best mod ever" or something :3

It must if it's kept people playing for over 12 years! I think you guys should go on some sort of record book or something for that, maybe with "best mod ever" or something :3
Hopefully we'll still be playing the mod 12 years from now, haha. Moviebattles hasn't ever had much mainstream success, and it's even more difficult to attain now since the engine is so old. Fortunately, the gameplay hasn't aged one bit, and the wave of new players is very refreshing. It has to be really hard for the newbies though, since most players have practised for years.

Hopefully we'll still be playing the mod 12 years from now, haha. Moviebattles hasn't ever had much mainstream success, and it's even more difficult to attain now since the engine is so old. Fortunately, the gameplay hasn't aged one bit, and the wave of new players is very refreshing. It has to be really hard for the newbies though, since most players have practised for years.

The game is not that bad in terms of age.
I am only 3 months old in game time, and the class I play is typically Soldier/ET/Mando.
And apparently that's good enough to be 30/7.

Sniping is one of the real challenges this game faces because of how slow projectiles travel.
But nobody is going to complain about not getting randomly sniped, compared to like RO2 and insurgency where sniping is a requirement.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Snipers used to be a much bigger problem. Now some maps have begun to be outfitted with layouts that provide multiple avenues of attack to prevent stale stand-offs where a good sniper can lock down an entire area.

Most notably DOTF's Side/Secondary unlocks are now much more accessible and it has gravitated offensive strategies more towards defending Main Corridor from pushes while unlocking new avenues of attack from the Generator Room and then storming into the imp spawn from 4 entrances. This means less desperate attempts to break through Main Corridor and getting sniped in the face by 4 bountyhunters and 1 mandalorian.

There seems to be a lot of new buzz for the mod now that The Force Awakens is out. We've been noticing that the game is proving to be quite a handful to soak up. We hope to provide better support for new players in-game in the future, but for now please try your best to refer to the in-game library as well as existing guides here on the forums!

Use these links to get started!
My First Day in MBII | Movie Battles II Community
[Guide] The Dueling Compendium | Movie Battles II Community

If any issues arise, this is a good place to start solving them.
Support | Movie Battles II Community

It's terrific to see the player count climbing higher and higher daily. It looks like we're at a risk of running out of servers at the moment. This is probably the best time for anyone interested in starting up a server to do so as you'll be guaranteed quite a lot of patronage ;)

I urge all the vets to be gentle with the newer folk. Please try to be helpful. If you see someone playing very fresh, might be a good idea to give him a few pointers for the future after you've wrecked his face once.
Yes, yes. I also got the game because I watched TFA a few days ago and realized you can't forget Star Wars. Then I tried playing a few rounds and got some very helpful advice from the veteran players I recognized, mostly advice concerning sex with someone's parents or binding /quit to F1. Good times.

Hopefully the dark age of only having DOTF played over and over is done. Glad to see the mod is still kicking with the release of the new movie.
Just a word of warning to the Vets or the Elitists; Be nice to the new comers. After all, you've only been playing with the same people over and over again for the last couple of years, it'll be nice of them to stay around for awhile... Atleast up till Rouge One.

I've tried helping acouple of new people, especially concerning them running towards push 3 jedi/sith.
I'll continue playing the mod on afew of the FA servers and some open, its good to play again.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Yes, yes. I also got the game because I watched TFA a few days ago and realized you can't forget Star Wars. Then I tried playing a few rounds and got some very helpful advice from the veteran players I recognized, mostly advice concerning sex with someone's parents or binding /quit to F1. Good times.
Haha, classic!

It's always great to see helpful people out there ^^

Preston

Nerd
The game is not that bad in terms of age.
I am only 3 months old in game time, and the class I play is typically Soldier/ET/Mando.
And apparently that's good enough to be 30/7.

Sniping is one of the real challenges this game faces because of how slow projectiles travel.
But nobody is going to complain about not getting randomly sniped, compared to like RO2 and insurgency where sniping is a requirement.
Yeah kinda like ben said, especially on dotf a good hero can completely shut down main. Same with bounty hunter but not as much.