VOIP?

I'm sure this has been mentioned numerous times before, but I was wondering if it were possible to add VOIP to MB2. It would be awesome, really. Here is how it would work, should it ever be added-- It's a basic setup, you get in-game, and you can talk with everyone while the game is loading. When the match starts, you can only talk with your team. Once you die, you can talk with anyone who is dead on either team. The default hotkey for voice activation would be X (or something) and can obviously be changed in settings, and of course there would be a command to mute someone, ranging from minutes, hours, or even permanently depending on the severity, and depending on the server, there would be an option to mute someones voice locally by clicking their name in the tab menu.

I think this is a good idea and I've always wanted it in MB2. What'ya think?

I wouldn't mind voip because it would make organizing new players easier and training purposes.
But I don't know if you can code that into the game with engine MB2 uses and make it sound decent.

Quake 3 arena uses a different engine compared to its vanilla version. And far as I know JKA uses the vanilla version.

Last edited:

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
I don't want VOIP in MB2, otherwise its Gmod all over again, having little kids spamming their mics with their cringey-ass voices, then others telling them to shut up, resulting in the little kids being muted.

I don't want VOIP in MB2, otherwise its Gmod all over again, having little kids spamming their mics with their cringey-ass voices, then others telling them to shut up, resulting in the little kids being muted.

Dude there was squeaky whiny kids playing red orchestra and insurgency when I played them :I
They will always plague in each and every game and not learn to shut up and be self-efficient.

Server owners can just impose an age restriction on voip if it becomes a problem.
This will help pick up games a lot. And help those training sessions I used to see regarding dueling.

VOIP would possibly change the game for the better as it would encourage faster, more responsive communication which is essential for a cooperative, team-based game.
However, it seems like a very complicated feature to implement and it would make any server very cacophonous considering there is already a lot of voice command spam.
Just stick with discord.

Last edited:
Think of it kinda like AOD Servers/Dotf. VOIP would be good for starters to get into the game, but Discord would be where the more experienced players would be. Also there are cringy kids in every game *cough* AOD Members *cough*

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
well if an MB2 member is disagreeing with me, then i guess that's a good sign?
Showing it's possible doesn't mean it's entirely feasible. It also doesn't even cover the separate but relevant issue of implementing the UI portions of this..
More like, how worth is the effort that put into implementing such a feature.
This pretty much sums it up. Effort + time availability to actually exert that effort + the list of things already being worked on (or wanting to be worked on) and so on vs worth of putting it in.
There is immense worth my dude. I really want to try this, it would be really cool, plus you found that github of how to enable it :)
I don't think you can really judge the effort vs worth properly if you don't completely understand the suggestion you're making in regards to what's needed to create and/or implement it.

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
If you really want fucking voice chat in MB2, feel free to upgrade MB2 to Source Engine, that will definitely support Mic Chat for 13 year olds and the like :p

Or just get on the MB2 Discord and enter voice chat there: Discord