V1.4.4 Update Released!

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.4 Update

The sabering changes included in this release are a prelude to the extensive adjusting and tuning that has been done overall. Not all of these changes were completely polished and ready to be put out into the wild so some minimal adjustments that lean the gameplay toward where the rest is heading have been included. These, along with the entirety of the planned and currently being tested features will be available for play within scheduled open beta sessions. More details on when and how to get in on these will be included when they're ironed out.

CHANGELOG (11-12-16)

Classes
  • Soldier
    • Change: Close Combat 1 now gives all melee move options, Close Combat 2 (which thus now only gives higher speed at all times and quicker getups) is no longer available in Open Mode.
Developer Comments said:
At this point we felt that fully mobile Soldiers are generally too strong and also removed most of the incentive to use ETs/Commanders.
  • SBD
    • Fix: Advanced Targeting crosshair should finally work correctly in all situations.
  • ARC
    • Change: Westar M5 Max Ammo increased from 240/360/480 to 360/480/600.
Developer Comments said:
In general ARC is very well rounded and performs its role as a multi-function class, where players are able to be build it to best counter any specific class as required. However the maximum ammo the Westar M5 could carry was causing issues while playing a supporting Sniper role or during high population engagements which required varing degrees of cover fire. This small change puts the weapon in-line with other weapons of its class.
  • Droideka
    • Fix: Quick Deploy animation is now correctly smoothed so it no longer jitters upon switching modes.
    • Fix: Instantaneous shield projection upon deploying with Shield Projector level 2 or 3 now properly applies when the Droideka does not have full shields.
    • Fix: Discharge no longer drains FP.
Developer Comments said:
Droideka fills a very strategic niche compared to the other Gun classes, the recent change to power management has put the ability in-line with the likes of Discharge and Quick Deploy - creating more valid build options for Droideka players. We aren't looking to change much of how Droideka plays and are happy with how its performing in games.
  • Jedi - Sabering
    • Change: Nudge toggle removed.
    • Fix: Visual clashes on saber/saber collision should no longer be causing massive and/or random FPS drops.
    • Removed: Visual animations on saber/saber collision.
    • Change: Nudge now only available for Purple, Red, and Yellow styles.
    • Change: BP drain for attacks moved from being based on button inputs (holding vs tapping) to being flat drains based on style:
      • Blue drains 4 BP per swing.
      • Cyan drains 5 BP per swing.
      • Yellow drains 6 BP per swing.
      • Staff drains 4 BP per swing.
      • Duals drain 4 BP per swing.
      • Purple drains 6 BP per swing
      • Red drains 7 BP per swing.
Developer Comments said:
Currently, the amount of BP you spend is based on whether you're activating attack per frame that's run by the server. This is unintuitive to say the least.
    • Change: Adjusted Parry drains
      • Base drains depend on "weight" of style.
      • 1 additional BP drain added per 2 ACM
      • Parrying vs the same style is 1 BP drain
      • Parrying vs a style 1 level heavier is 2 BP drain
      • Parrying vs a style 2 levels heavier is 3 BP drain
      • Perfect Block counters now increase the base drain of a parry by 2
    • Change/Fix: Red stagger now triggers on the third swing if the second swing was a body hit. Duration of body hit stagger is longer than a perfect blocked Red swing.
    • Perfect Parry
      • Allows for no BP damage between saberists clashing (except Duals)
      • Change: Similar to Mblock inputs (incoming top left swing would be PP'd by doing SA)
      • Applies to all styles by default
      • Cyan's perfect parry now has a visual stagger to go with the combo break
Developer Comments said:
There will be an extensive discussion in a separate thread about the upcoming direction for the rest of the sabering changes post-1.4.4.
  • Jedi - Force
    • Fix: Sense 2 shows enemies through walls and not just allies.
    • Change: Sense activation/duration changed to work similar to Speed.
      • Rank 1:
        • 15FP Activation, 5FP Ticks.
      • Rank 2:
        • 10FP Activation, 5FP Ticks.
      • Rank 3:
        • 5FP Activation, 5FP Ticks.
        • Can no longer be activated for free using Meditate.
    • Change: Force Sense level 3 can now dodge ee3/westar M5 snipes.
    • Change: Push 3 arc reduced from 180° to 120°.
Developer Comments said:
The previous changes to force sense worked to constrain users from leaving the ability on all the time, but lower levels like Sense 1 could give a poor feeling of control with the rapid deactivation. Changing to a activation + tick model achieves the same effect while remaining intuitive.

The arc on Push 3 has been reduced in order to punish careless usage. 180° was perceived as too forgiving especially with projectiles.
  • Jedi - General
    • Change: Restored normal single style run animations to Cyan/Purple.
    • Change: Cyan/Purple/Duals/Staff no longer have their respective gunner perks. Point costs are now 8/0/2 or 8/2/2. Duals/Staff are once again granted the perk of having higher blocking arcs than single blade styles.
    • Change: Blocking FP drains now have a 0.5x multiplier instead of 0.4x, non-blocking FP drains still have a 1.2x multiplier.
    • FP regeneration changes:
      • Change: When the player is unable to block or their saber is off, the FP regen is maximal (1.0x).
      • Change: When the player is able to block, the FP regen is 0.75x, and when switching to a state of being unable to block, there is a cooldown of 3 seconds during which the FP regen gradually increases from 0.75x to 1.0x.
      • Change: Whenever the player deflects projectiles, they enter a state signaled by a darker FP bar where their FP regen is reduced to 0.375x only while holding altattack. 1s after the last time deflecting a single projectile, the player leaves this state; this cooldown slightly ramps up to 2s if deflecting several projectiles in quick succession.
    • Change: FP drains are now capped at 50 at all times when not holding altattack and at 35 when holding altattack.
    • Change: Mblock deflect now works by holding attack while blocking instead of tapping it (even with Saber Defense level 0), FP regen is halted during this. Additionally, level 1 drains 6 FP per second, level 2 3 FP per second and level 3 does not drain FP. For all levels, mblock deflects cannot be accurate within flinch range.
    • Updated Wallgrab Logic:
      • Change: Wall Grab requires at least 1FP to initiate.
      • Change: Wall Grab prevents FP Regeneration until the player is on the ground again.
      • Change: Wall Grab drains 1FP per second.
      • Change: Wall Grab auto-releases upon reaching 0FP.
Developer Comments said:
The changes to wallgrab are intended to keep its utility for setting up short term ambushes while mitigating its viability for time wasting. It makes intuitive sense that sticking to a wall like Spider-Man will use some amount of force power.
  • Hero/Commander
    • Change: Dash no longer has stamina points and is a 4s cooldown ability.
    • Change: Dodge now works in any situation for all levels (standing/crouching/walking/running/jumping). Level 1 drains full dodge points (DP) in 1 second, level 2 2 seconds, level 3 3 seconds, and level 3 also significantly reduces the DP drains for dodging at close to very close range. Dodge points are now displayed as a yellow bar on the bottom right HUD.
    • Change: Dodge can now be activated in two different ways. If /dodgetoggle has value 0, dodge is still activated/deactivated via holding/releasing class special 1, if /dodgetoggle has value 1, dodge is toggled on/toggled off via tapping class special 1. /dodgetoggle is 1 by default. Notes: dodge cannot be toggled on while poisoned or while having 0 dodge points (and it will be toggled off automatically in those cases), however it can be toggled on in the other cases where one cannot dodge, namely while scoped, knocked down or dashing with dash level 2 - in these cases, dodge will still be toggled on, and become active and drain DP once the player stops scoping, gets up or finishes their dash move.
Developer Comments said:
The manual dodge change introduced in the previous build was a good starting point, but experience post release led us to believe it was too situational and difficult to use. The ability is now generally stronger and an activation option is available for those who do not have control setups suited to holding another ability key.
Weapons
  • Blaster Pistol
    • Fix: Pistol level 3 in combination with Ammo level 2 no longer gives less ammo than Pistol level 2 with Ammo level 2.
    • Change: Pistol Max Ammo has been normalized to 120/240/360.
Models
  • Change: Replaced lightsaber hilts Stinger and Luke (episode 6) with higher quality versions made by Rooxon.
Maps
  • mb2_tantiveiv_classic
    • New: Added B16 version of Tantive IV.
Full Authentic
  • Change: Classflag CFL_FUEL_REGENERATION is now modified by MB_ATT_FUEL. Regeneration will stop at the maximum fuel for each respective level.
Miscellaneous
  • Fix: Slight change to allow more useful OpenJK crashlogs.
  • Fix: Possibly fixed one source of clients crashing on map change.
  • Change: Support for "capture stop" command in jaMME.
Servers
  • Fix: Tempban now works with long IPs (e.g. 111.111.111.111).
  • Fix: Server no longer crashes when completing objective on certain maps (affected mb2_cmp_fdepot).
UI
  • New: Added custom mpdefault.cfg to assets. Clicking on Setup > Defaults will now set all important MBII binds and proper network settings. Strongly recommended for new players.
  • New: Added Dodge Activation option to Setup > Game Options. Sets state of dodgetoggle.

Changed Files ( Server downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib ) ( ARM OpenJK build )
Code:
--MBII
mb2_tantiveIV.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
uii386.so

Changelog Legend

New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited:
I liked the update, better than 1.4.3. But i thought you would add Rogue One Characters in this update :(

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
if Cassian ever comes out i will play nothing but Cassian because gosh i love Cassian

edit: PS, the Official Open servers just switched to Official X-Mas EVENT servers but I can't join because i don't have the map lol

Nothing new in this update here it seems.
Flinch is still retarded.
Some nerfs in favor for gunners, again.
Deflect nerf, yes the poor facehugging gunners need another protection for there stupidness.
Red stance still useless against gunners and purple again, too.
Only good things are that fp regain isnt slow anymore and sabering feels better.

So by your logic, almost everything comes down to "luck". If that was the case, then new players would be as effective as veterans. However, when you join a server, what you see is skilled guys consistently getting to the top of the scoreboard, while noobs struggle to have a positive k/d ratio.

And yes, not expecting an enemy behind a corner is your fault. You could have put a few shots into this corner to scare the potential ambusher, you could have asked jedi to use sense, you could have just brought a teammate with you. But you decided to just run into it blindly. It's your fault, and yours only.

Skilled guys? xD
God, i have always to laugh if i read things like this.
First i really give shit for my kd or that of another.
The system is messed up anyway, you kill a sold and you dont get a kill?
And yes he is right most players are just lucky.
The snipers almost ever just make luck shots and get kill or teamkill.
Arcs spamming there pistols to hit someone who is maybe behind the corner.
Flinching jedi/sith is still easy, so many still die fast if they get panicspammed and flinched.
Nope there is still no skill, only luck and randomness, but thanks for the laugh.

Nothing new in this update here it seems.
Flinch is still retarded.
Some nerfs in favor for gunners, again.
Deflect nerf, yes the poor facehugging gunners need another protection for there stupidness.
Red stance still useless against gunners and purple again, too.
Only good things are that fp regain isnt slow anymore and sabering feels better
I know right, jedi/sith are so weak this patch. Probably the weakest class of them all. With hp damage reductions, max fp drain limits, fp dmg reduction while blocking and auto-deflect. How can anyone even play this overnerfed garbage class? But for some unknown reason, when you connect to a server, you see 15 jedi and 10 sith almost every time. Weird.

Well, better play clone and abuse that retarded no-skill easy-to-use gimmick blob. Just make sure Achilles doesn't see you.

But for some unknown reason, when you connect to a server, you see 15 jedi and 10 sith almost every time. Weird.
Because an army of jedi or sith have better chances then one alone.

If i read the whole discussion here, i really dont wonder why ppl leave the game or stop posting in the forum.
Just have to read your silly comment on Victorias post and others.
There were some ppl who had really good suggestions before, dont see them here, it seems they are gone now, too.
Im curious about the next updates, but since this toxic community really seems to do a good job to disgust ppl so they quit, i doubt it will have future if just ppl like you stay here.
I think i will do the same now and take a long break from this place here and we see if this mod is doomed like Nova said or maybe gets better again.
Im to tired for pointless discussions in this forum again.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
oh hey look, it's that guy, you're back, he's back, welcome back.

Yeah, soldier kinda got trashed like that. They're less solo-viable since they're so much worse at dodging, but hey, they still have three lives, frags, and an E-11.

oh hey look, it's that guy, you're back, he's back, welcome back.

Yeah, soldier kinda got trashed like that. They're less solo-viable since they're so much worse at dodging, but hey, they still have three lives, frags, and an E-11.

XQXK4fB.gif

Soldiers always get knocked down and trashed.
Unfortunately good soldiers keep getting back up and just deal with the bullshit.
Even if its out of their control.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I wouldn't say they got trashed, they were much too powerful with cc2. The nerf was well deserved, soldier was basically et/cmdr with an extra life and slightly different weapon set. Unless you had need for T21/A280 or sonic/fire nades, soldier was simply the better option; et/cmdr's little extra HP wasn't worth having one less life than a cc2 soldier. IMO removal of cc2 + dodge changes puts soldier and et/cmdr on much more even terms.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
@StarWarsGeek Oh yeah, poor word choice by me. What I meant was that it was a significant nerf. Like trashed "relatively," relative to what they were before. But I don't mean that they are trash overall now. They're still a three life class with an E-11 and frags, meaning they're still extremely strong in groups, especially against saberists.

edit: random little ramble about how a Rally Sold army is theoretically great against saberists, for the tactical benefit of anyone reading.

Solds can survive getting killed twice, and saberists are only "unkillable" for as long as they can keep their FP up. A saberist that stays in heavy fire for too long will run out of FP and die. What Rally does is it makes it so managing to kill a soldier does not reduce the size of the squad, meaning that even after getting some kills, saberists against a rally squad are still constantly facing the full firepower of the squad. That's a long time to be blocking that many shots. Their FP will wear down, and because they have to get close to get those kills, they won't be able to disengage easily either.

Whereas with other kinds of gunners, if the jedi pulls of a laser sword instagib on one of your troops, the squad instantly gets that much weaker and the jedi kinda gets "momentum."

Plus a rally squad has a bunch of frags along with all that firepower, so they don't even need to wait for FP to go down. And whenever a sold gets killed and respawns, that's another frag in play.

so pls spam rallysold stormies against jedi spam :[

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
The main issue with Soldier now, is that without nades, it is basically a worthless class. The removal of Close Quarters 2 just basically means that Soldier is now forced to use the secondary nade gimmick to win against most classes in a straight up fight, and is never going to see gameplay without a serious team of players working together. I certainly don't want to play Soldier now, when I can play Commander.

I'd like to see the Commander/ET class expanded, with more options for either support or combat oriented roles, and Soldier brought up to speed again without secondary frag/conc nade nonsense being their biggest strength. Too many god damned knock-downs in this game, and way too many dumb gimmicks. Feels like a moba more and more with every patch.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
[Soldier] is never going to see gameplay without a serious team of players working together
I don't see a problem with this at all. Soldier is the Cannon Fodder class. It's the "army" class. It shines in an army, and arguably should be the bulk of an army. But when the whole battle is just a disjointed skirmish between lone wolves, it's just a wimpy piece of fodder that's out of its element. It's not a one man army with three lives. It's three lives of one man in an army. That's reasonable.

That being said, I think my vision for this game includes the idea "[...] and the community will become less toxic and start working together better!" while your vision is more oriented around how pubs currently actually are. I really like how this game is when people work together, so I want the game to continue to be oriented around those strengths, and I want people to encourage and help each other more. :D

edit: I also personally don't mind the knockdown frags. It makes soldiers more legitimately dangerous and "brutal," making them sort of like little one-shot glass cannons instead of just fragile fodder, AND it's something that makes groups of soldiers much stronger than lone soldiers, because as you stack soldiers, you get much more capitalization on any one knockdown.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I don't see a problem with this at all. Soldier is the Cannon Fodder class. It's the "army" class. It shines in an army, and arguably should be the bulk of an army. But when the whole battle is just a disjointed skirmish between lone wolves, it's just a wimpy piece of fodder that's out of its element. It's not a one man army with three lives. It's three lives of one man in an army. That's reasonable.

That being said, I think my vision for this game includes the idea "[...] and the community will become less toxic and start working together better!" while your vision is more oriented around how pubs currently actually are. I really like how this game is when people work together, so I want the game to continue to be oriented around those strengths, and I want people to encourage and help each other more. :D

I don't mind teamwork, and I don't want to change how teams work at higher skill levels, but I also want things to be balanced around pub games too. The thing about skill-based games, is that at a certain point teams become *necessary* because you can't kill an enemy team by yourself, if their combined skill/coordination out-classes yours.

A lone soldier should be capable of slaughtering entire teams if he is good enough, by using the classes unique strengths to his advantage. Hell, a soldier with no points in anything should still be able to dent into an enemy team if he's really good.

And I don't like secondary frags, they're gimmicks. While the primary frag is a useful tool, the secondary has 0 counter-play, except not being there when it is thrown at you, which some classes can't avoid. Anything that has *guaranteed* damage to it, is going to be overpowered en-masse.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I'll just re-state that I see Soldier as a class that is fundamentally limited in its individual capacity, while also being the class that benefits the most from being stacked on itself (with good coordination). I think that's its fundamental nature, and that it's ridiculous to make Soldier a class that can slaughter a whole team on its own. That function is contradictory to its nature. There are many other classes with that function, and Soldier is not one of them.

That's just my vision of Soldier though.

i'll also draw your attention to my little edit above about frag nades, which is relevant to the fact that Soldier benefits the most from stacking on itself (especially with Rally, assuming good coordination)

(belated edit: i do recognize your stance as far as how... you want any class, when played really really well, to be capable of being very strong, and you want any situation, when played really really well, to be winnable. I do respect these ideas abstractly, but ultimately i think i have to disagree with them because i think they disrupt the game's strategic core too much in favor of individual skill.)

Last edited: