The ONLY gripe I have had with dueling

I love dueling in this game. You've likely seen me on many different dueling servers, and not so much on open servers. I disagree with what most people have to say about the dueling system, example being "____ is too good/spammy/bad/slow/impossible." Although my favorite style, purple, is in need of some dire changes, I have only one thing to say about dueling that continually turns me off, time and time again.

The animations are just too unrealistic.
Every fifth person I fight uses only yellow and does "masterful," "skilled," combos that aren't combos at all.
There comes a point where "combo" is way different than "input so many swings that my saber is literally just wiggling in your torso making it impossible to PB."
I don't know how to describe it otherwise. A lot of combos are just sabers coming in so many different directions that it all meshes together into one spot. My chest. It makes it literally impossible to perfect-block, and more importantly to myself, it breaks my immersion. There should never be a moment in a video game as awesome as this one that makes me think, "oh yeah. I'm playing a video game that people can abuse."

What are your thoughts? Am I correct, or do I just need better eyesight?

You're talking about realism in a Star Wars game to which you replied "which is why I'm upset", sword-fighting in Star Wars is not realistic in no way, and even then MB2's speed combo speed is pretty realistic
Star Wars /=/ realistic.
Duel Mode = " Authentic and realistic feeling saber vs saber duels for Jedi and Sith classes." (taken from the MBII home page)

It doesn't feel very authentic or realistic, sometimes, and that's what I'm trying to say.

I feel like the new system will encourage spammy attacks and overly agressive gameplay, I wasn't very satisfied with what I experienced when trying beta today. I don't like so many staggers and the way ACM works. But this is coming from an average duelist at best so take it with a grain of salt.

I feel like the new system will encourage spammy attacks and overly agressive gameplay, I wasn't very satisfied with what I experienced when trying beta today. I don't like so many staggers and the way ACM works. But this is coming from an average duelist at best so take it with a grain of salt.
its just confusing, randomly swing at eachother for 30 seconds until someone randomly drops dead from ACM and the neutral block shit

Yes, exactly. I also get beat by people I normally have no problems beating in current patch, idk if that is relevant info but it is just my experience with beta so far. Maybe I just need to play it more to figure it out and adapt, we will see, but so far I do not like it.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
the A half swing is faster but the rest felt the same to me, maybe the combos are a bit slower, i kind of noticed that
Swing speeds on Yellow are exactly the same as they are in public (minus the A halfswing).

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
In my view, dueling in it's current iteration looks like two guys that have magnet sticks of opposite polarity smacking them together. They just bounce around.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
In my view, dueling in it's current iteration looks like two guys that have magnet sticks of opposite polarity smacking them together. They just bounce around.

I would like to see more realistic swordsmanship mechanics be put into the game, but no one can agree on anything, and the work on the saber patch has been largely chaotic. At this point I just want to revert to older patches, because I'm legitimately tired of the back and forth with devs on things.

>Try mechanic
>Explain why mechanic won't work
>Remove mechanic
3 months later...
>Try mechanic again
>Frustrated, explain why it doesn't work again
>Remove mechanic
3 months later...
>Try mechanic again
>Furious, explain why it doesn't work for the millionth time

etc.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Ok, is it time yet for me to come back and fix this ?

Semi-jokes aside, although i haven't tested anything in a long time, i am honestly scared to see that hitboxes are even being changed. It could change the feels (i.e. timings of basically all aspects of the gameplay) of dueling completely, in unknown ways, resulting in people feeling everything's janky or i dunno what.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Ok, is it time yet for me to come back and fix this ?

Semi-jokes aside, although i haven't tested anything in a long time, i am honestly scared to see that hitboxes are even being changed. It could change the feels (i.e. timings of basically all aspects of the gameplay) of dueling completely, in unknown ways, resulting in people feeling everything's janky or i dunno what.

I can't necessarily trust that you'd fix it either, since you legitimately believe 1.4 was a step in the right direction from 1.3, when it absolutely wasn't.

As for the hitbox stuff, yes, that's probably why it felt janky.

AaronAaron

Donator
I can't necessarily trust that you'd fix it either, since you legitimately believe 1.4 was a step in the right direction from 1.3, when it absolutely wasn't.

As for the hitbox stuff, yes, that's probably why it felt janky.
But 1.4.2 was great

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
But 1.4.2 was great
774e4a233560d0f9d5798c385b1d2173--funny-pics-jean.jpg