•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Technical ending.

k4far

Banned
Donator
It feels like the skins, player skins are putting a lot of pressure on my CPU (I have a quite old laptop Radeon... something, 4 GB of ram, Intel i5 that is just a part of the specs). On maps like the dueling Dotf whenever I am looking in the direction of Rebels spawn my FPS is picking down - like a shoot down plane, barrely 30 few frames. As I go deeper the effect of falling fps is the most noticable under the ceiling platform.

Maps like Jakku might not be optimized. I am not sure, but with a couple of people it was about 40 FPS - unstable.

I tried changing the engine of the game from Classic to Open JKA, however seeing icons stretched in Open JKA made up my mind to stay with the original one. Difference in performance between the engines was significant and easy to see. Open JKA truly exceels (loading was faster, animations, effects and such felt insignificant to the machine compared to the other engine).

What are Your experiences?
Can you use your dropping frame rate to tell if someone is hidding behind a wall?​

Threads I am familiar with:
[SOLVED] - Is multicore cpu optimization still a thing?
[SOLVED] - framerate issues
Game Performance&Hardware
[SOLVED] - Hud is still stretched out and disproportionate
OpenJK vs JAMP

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
I feel like going away from a concept of desktop/laptop computer over next years so I am just playing MB waiting for this machine to draw the last breath.
It should be gud enuff for a 2003 game.

Where is the Movie Battles running on Unity Engine ...in my dreams... :<

Can you use your dropping frame rate to tell if someone is hidding behind a wall?​

Somewhat related, I've accidentally deleted parts of a clone model in the mb2 folder and now the console spams me with yellow nonsense whenever that particular clone model is near. I feel like a dirty hacker. I'm too lazy to fix it though, so get rekt gloans (of a specific model).

Last edited: