Suggestions, Rockets And Grenades

We were playing, a crazy fight out there, I threw a sonic and he threw a rocket, both arrived at the same time on the battlefield, And the sonic exploded and finished up with rocket blowing up the 3 sniper there!

Why can´t this happen? Sonic are very low used atm against other shooters, can´t we add another function to them? Maybe blow up rockets or (Crazy idea) another nades?

Grenades, why can we only push them? They´re very fast and hard to aim at, soo why don´t we add a new feacture that makes grenades possible to be pushable by shots? and maybe exploded by them (Only projcetile rifle and ruptor).

And there should be one way to pull (Not push) friendly grenades and rockets, there is no why for don´t do it, it is hard and can be greatly reward if someone does it the right way.

English isn´t my native, as you can see!

Sonic Grenade is rarely used because the other stuffs are simply more useful for an attacker ET, and on most maps rebel is the attacker team... regardless how useful your additions could be, this wont change.

IMO it could be a good idea that when a Sonic Grenade explodes, the targets could use their weapons and abilities, but their vision would be twisted, like the Poison Dart effect was for a few years... this, and lowering the point cost from 10 to 5 points could make SG a weapon what is worth to be bought. It'd be weaker but also cheaper than the current one. Of course enabling this grenade type for imp Commanders is "recommanded" to keep the balance between the classes. On the other side, Fire Grenade is just useless, because it blocks the imperial players too, so its only good to pause the battle for a few seconds in most cases... its not something what worths lol how much, 10 or 15 points?! And Fire Grenade is only usable for defender imperials... as an attacker imperial, you dont have any reason to choose Fire Grenade instead of a simple Frag Grenade. Fire Grenade is a very good FA ability, but its not suited for Open mode.

Grenades could be destroyed before they explode if they were objects with health like rockets are.

I'd like to see sonic be more useful. Prolonging the effect would be one good buff for it. People shoot stuff like this down because it wouldn't work on Dotf or other Reb Offensive maps, when there are also maps where rebs defend. Tactics can adapt to gameplay changes. If a sonic nade has a longer effect, you'd try to throw it in a position where your teammates are likely not going to move any time soon. Disrupting enemies would be more important than clearing space.

Destroying grenades would be an unnecessary feature. If the grenade is thrown far away from you, you have no reason to shoot it to blow it up, you'll focus on the enemies. If the grenade is close to you, you wont shoot it, you'll either Push or run away. Anyway, this'd be a very difficult thing to do, just as shooting rockets is difficult nowdays, so it'd be very rare, its just not worth the time to implement it.

About the Sonic Grenade... if you prolong the stun effect for the targets, IMO it'd be OP and it wouldnt make the grenade much more useful for attacker rebels. And this is the biggest problem of the current Sonic Grenade, because rebel is the attacker team on most maps. Frag Grenade is just a better option for attacker Elite Troopers than the current Sonic Grenade. This is why I suggested the changes what I wrote in my previous post.

Studies have found that exposure to high intensity ultrasound at frequencies from 700 kHz to 3.6 MHz can cause lung and intestinal damage in mice. Heart rate patterns following vibroacoustic stimulation has resulted in serious negative consequences such as atrial flutter and bradycardia.

What about a bit of damage on sonic?
What if sonic places a dot that when the player is running he takes like, 5 damage/second on the duration, and if he stays still or walk, he will not receive damage (double damage if jumping). Btw, damage will only hit the life and not armor!

About the Sonic Grenade... if you prolong the stun effect for the targets, IMO it'd be OP and it wouldnt make the grenade much more useful for attacker rebels. And this is the biggest problem of the current Sonic Grenade, because rebel is the attacker team on most maps. Frag Grenade is just a better option for attacker Elite Troopers than the current Sonic Grenade. This is why I suggested the changes what I wrote in my previous post.

Why would it be OP? Why wouldn't it be more useful?

Be stunned for 6-10 sec would be unfair, and the only difference from the current state, that the targets would hide 2-4 sec longer, so it wouldnt be a serious change. And again, a Frag Grenade also have limited control effect (targets must run away), but its possible to kill with it... Sonic Grenade only forces the enemy to flee. Most of the community prefers the Frag Grenade, making the crowd control effect longer wouldnt change that. Killing is more funnier than forces the targets to run away, especially when the Frag Grenade also makes the enemy to run away as much as Sonic Grenade does... whats the point in this stun anyway? If the Sonic Grenade can hit the enemy, the Frag Grenade could actually hurt the enemy and possibly knock the target down, preventing the escape. IMO Frag Grenade is better for an attacker ET, and on most maps rebels are the attacking team.

Last edited:
Well, the effect can be prolonged by different means. For example, the explosion could last longer. Second, it could have different effects, like perhaps slowing those who are affected, perhaps for a shorter time than the concussion from the sound itself, or as long. Who knows. Having a longer explosion effect would make the sonic function more similar to a fire grenade.

Then, we've got some other things to consider. Assume you're in the middle of a hallway and you get hit by a sonic. Where are you going to run? Away from the enemy to the other end of the hallway? You're asking to be shot. You cannot defend yourself by firing back at the enemy. That's one thing the sonic actually does, makes you unable to shoot or push. It can give an opportunity to shoot enemies, or throw a grenade if a sith gets hit by the sonic effect.

Sonics are also cheaper than frags. Sonics could be used in conjunction with frag grenades. Or with EMP grenades. And buffing the properties of sonic could add to it's usefulness.

Rebs are not the attackers in most maps. It's just most of the maps you play. Among the most popular maps, there's an equal amount of reb defense maps and reb offense maps.

Sonics are also cheaper than frags. Sonics could be used in conjunction with frag grenades. Or with EMP grenades. And buffing the properties of sonic could add to it's usefulness.

I deeply recomend a sonic explosion destroying rockets and grenades.
When you put the sonic as an mine on the ground/wall she can explode with rockets and frags (Instaexplosion) coming close to it, and yeah, still have the same functions on players. With this, rebels can break some op imps mechanics on x1, like a mando flying and throwing a rocket on your face.

Maybe we can choose (weapon style) to it be sensible to players or rockets or grenades, no?

I deeply recomend a sonic explosion destroying rockets and grenades.
When you put the sonic as an mine on the ground/wall she can explode with rockets and frags (Instaexplosion) coming close to it, and yeah, still have the same functions on players. With this, rebels can break some op imps mechanics on x1, like a mando flying and throwing a rocket on your face.

Maybe we can choose (weapon style) to it be sensible to players or rockets or grenades, no?

Jihad Mandos are OP only because the sound engine is crap and you sometimes can't hear them coming. If you can it's easy easier to avoid them. Of course, many situations don't allow this. TDs are very similar with killing people before they can even hear it. Sonics destroying explosives would be a neat utility for the grenade.

Fire Grenade is mostly used to pause the battle, its unnecessary to turn Sonic Grenade into a stunning Fire Grenade, it'd be easier to give Fire Grenade to the rebs. Adding other effects like slow down the target would turn the Sonic Grenade into another grenade type, what is a whole different topic. The idea about the mine could destroy grenades sounds good, however it'd be as much unused, as the current mine is.

The stuff about "being shot in the middle of a hallway"... why would an imperial be in the middle of a hallway, when there are covers on all maps? Even if this happens (imp takes a shortcut or goes through a hangar for example), its so much easier to simply shoot that guy, instead of throwing a sonic there. Nobody does that, I assume you dont do it either, @NERO.

About the maps... I admit, you're right @NERO: there are almost as much "rebs attacking" maps as "imps attacking" maps. However if we check the actual gaming time on maps, I think its obvious that those maps are favoured mostly, where rebs are the attacker team. And its not just because the 7/24 DotF spam, a lot of imp attacker maps (like CorChase, Mustafar, RepublicCruiser, Tantive IV, Yavin IV) are simply never played. Well, at least on EU side, dunno what happens on US side, but I'd be surprised if there'd be a huge difference compared to the EU side. If we check the "popular" maps as you suggested (and on what I based my statement), there are still much more reb attacking maps, regardless how we define "popular" maps.