Steam Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening!

So, as a break from working on launcher i decided to make a drink and watch some movie finish Steam Integration :)

If you have forum's account already you can still link it with Steam Account, just relog and use steam integration.

B7yvzhP.png

Enjoy :)

Defender

Donator
People talking shit but not doing anything, just great, typical 2015 young people mindset.
Help them or give them money, would be better than opening your mouth to say bullshit share your valuable opinion, in case you'd like to do something instead of just complaining.

Wait what?, he need's a break but starts coding on smth else? Which mean's he didn't really need a break because he could do smth else.
Why didn't just fix the launcher in the first place and then start doing smth else?
You contradict yourself

Oh my god im considered as a troll in mb 2. Gonna floush myself on the toilet after Ive cut my veins. Cheers! Im always smiling when i surf the forums, good habbit keep it:)

Surprised it was not added sooner, it could assist with the population issues the servers face.

Wait what?, he need's a break but starts coding on smth else? Which mean's he didn't really need a break because he could do smth else.
Why didn't just fix the launcher in the first place and then start doing smth else?
You contradict yourself

Coding a game and putting a feature on a internet forum are two different things.
One involves looking at spaghetti code for 5 hours a day making sure there is no errors for weeks pushing tweaks to no end, versus doing something that took like 20 minutes.

There is hard work and soft work. Sometimes soft work, it occupies your mind and gives you something to distract you from the hard work makes the hard work easier to do in the future. Besides, the steam integration makes it easier for people to meet each other and organize pugs.

Also remember this is a mod for a video game, a mod is not a full time job that people get paid to do. It's a hobby, they are voluntarily putting in hours to entertain random strangers that find thier game on the internet. They do it for you.

Last edited:
Ah, so there's difference between two kind of works, i just thought its the same.
I'm sorry for this Ranting/complaining then.
Thanks for enlighten me ^-^

Phelps

Donator
Oh my god im considered as a troll in mb 2. Gonna floush myself on the toilet after Ive cut my veins. Cheers! Im always smiling when i surf the forums, good habbit keep it:)

The thing is about the way you complain. Instead of asking polite question, like why is Lou focusing on steam integration when launcher is needed, you moan like a spoiled kiddo.
You can make a negative statement, or be negatively satisfied with something, but you can use your brain and deal with it like a human being, not a pig. And I will say it again, devs deserve respect. Especially when they are doing this for free.

tl;dr: Manners.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
[@dymbesh]And I guess you are not working in IT.

I think that you're giving him/her a nice credit of doubt, suggesting that he/she is *working* somewhere at all. By the content of posts, I would rather bet on two spoiled teenagers. I'm perfectly sure, that - If they stumble on own posts - after few years, they're going to faceplam and turn red in shame. Or pretend it wasn't their ;)

Thanks for swift and painless integration, LoU, that was unexpected! While, personally, I don't use Steam, I can imagine this being neat for quite some people.

Coding a game and putting a feature on a internet forum are two different things.
One involves looking at spaghetti code for 5 hours

Whose code? Ah, so it is all @Spaghetti's fault, I knew it!
(sorry, couldn't stop myself ;P )

The thing is about the way you complain. Instead of asking polite question, like why is Lou focusing on steam integration when launcher is needed, you moan like a spoiled kiddo.
You can make a negative statement, or be negatively satisfied with something, but you can use your brain and deal with it like a human being, not a pig. And I will say it again, devs deserve respect. Especially when they are doing this for free.

tl;dr: Manners.

I'm more than happy if the fact that you can act on the forums like a strict stepfather makes you satisfied. However there is a reason for everything. It is not much of a big deal to understand such a statement like this which is taught in primary school. There is a reason why I cannot be polite. There is a reason why I complain like a "spoiled kiddo". Moviebattles is my favourite game. I do not want it to disappear because of a stupid debate within the dev team. No doubt that I respect such a team that can make a mod like this but I think it would be a lot better if LoU and the team could concentrate on the urgent things instead of struggling with steam integrations. It is really appreciatable from him that he can sacrifice his spare time for the community but keep in mind that break is not meant to be time for making extra features but for relaxing to be prepared to face the important stuff. I'm sorry for the off but I felt that the developers were not trying hard enough plus I had a kinda bad day. When it comes to respect I must say that not only the developers deserve it but also some players whom has done much in order to make mbII a friendlier place;).

Phelps

Donator
It's not for the satisfaction. It's just that I spent more or less my whole teenage years (and years after) playing this game.
Now, I can't say for sure I haven't behaved disrespectfully in the past, but I kept in mind that they are doing it for free, that this community and the game is not about monetary profit.
It's the profit of making something, playing something that's worth it. Sure, this community has trolls. But somehow they are part of it and I love the community as a whole, I also met few guys IRL, I'm sure I will meet some more.
Nowadays I am not playing the game, as my signature states, I'm stuck at WT. But Movie Battles has become the largest part of my gaming life, so I try to contribute with something, even if it means to defend devs.

I just disagree, it's Lou's decision what he might do with his free time. And his free time gave something new to the forums. It deserves at least pat on the back.

Last edited:

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Nice job Lou! Honestly Steam is going to be the biggest traffic bringer these days so supporting it is a good forward step.

I left for what feels like 4 months and, on my return, the forums are a battlefield for the MB2 devs and entitled players.
Glad to see that nothing changed :D

Cat Lady

And this was enough of a reason to necro month old thread that isn't important anymore (cause it is implemented despite naysayers)? ;)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Cat Lady has a point. This thread has served it's purpose - if you have any problems with this feature you can post any questions, concerns or issues in the support forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.