Status update for 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be forgiven for believing we all died after the last open beta. Not so! We've been busy doing internal housework to help with future releases, squashing bugs, and all the other things that go into assembling a major release. We are also working on more small feature updates in the future.

Breaking with tradition, I am happy to announce ahead of time that we plan to release V1.4 sometime next weekend. Let the hype awaken!

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I only hope some additional download mirrors.

It's probably too late for this release but perhaps for larger updates in the future offer a sort of pre load by leaving out one or two smaller essential files so there isn't such a traffic jam. We don't want to clog up the series of tubes.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I only hope some additional download mirrors.

It's probably too late for this release but perhaps for larger updates in the future offer a sort of pre load by leaving out one or two smaller essential files so there isn't such a traffic jam. We don't want to clog up the series of tubes.

Looking forward to the weekend.
As I mentioned on previous page, it simply needs to use moddb, or one of the clouds, like google drive.
They can handle any amount of traffic, so no jams will occur. When 1.4 beta was released, there was a huge jam until @Helix posted a link to beta files on google drive, and suddenly that jam vanished in very short time.

And why it's too late? Too late would be only if link for 1.4 on moviebattles.org would be already posted, without any other links, and if servers of moviebattles.org wouldn't be able to complete all requests in time.
There is a lot of time to upload distributive on some third-party servers before weekend.

Also, @Jorge-Fonseca says there is nothing to worry about: Status update for 1.4

That basket map object I posted earlier is a model.

giphy.gif

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
No, there are tons of baseJKA models (>80% of all I think), and afaik few models of the non-mb2team members, but these models are used with original creators' permissions.

Where is the social media support?
I want to share every death by a mando rocket with all my 2 friends on facebook and my 3 followers on twitter!
You guys should really take EA as an example, this is unacceptable in 2016!

If I see you I'll try to give you the opportunity ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.