Star Wars: Movie Duels

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
Hello all, and welcome to the MB2 Forum thread for the Movie Duels mod! What is Movie Duels, you ask? It's basically a Jedi Academy Singleplayer TC that recreates duels from (so far) all 3 of the original Star Wars Movies, with bonuses being included! One issue though: we're missing 3 movies, the original 3 in-fact, but they are getting missions developed as well (example being Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader). This is a basic description of what the mod has:

- Choose the Light side of the Jedi or the Dark side of the Sith and relive the incredible duels from the movies.
- 16 missions inspired by the films, 3 missions inspired by Legends, and a ton of bonus missions, Movie Duels is one of the biggest Star Wars mods to ever exist.
- Relive the epic battles from the movies with new Animations, Cinematics, Maps and Effects.
- Master the missions in all three difficulty levels: Padawan, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Master.
- A new gamemode called "Challenge". Here you fight against the most famous characters from the Star Wars films in 15 stages. You must defeat each one to advance onward.

This mod is inspired by Wector's Movie Duels 2, and it's been almost 9 years since the mod's original release. I (and this mod's former leader Damian Howard) thought it was about time it got a "Remaster". After playing through it numerous times and looking into the assets that came with Movie Duels 2, everything within the mod itself, is actually rather accurate, and everything's in place already. But it was clear to us (me and the team), that it "lacked" in a number of areas, that the more modern mods are including, either by default or as an option. Here's a list of some key improvements over the original Movie Duels 2 mod:

- Uses OpenJK as its primary game engine
- New & more accurate lightsaber blades (SFX Sabers from Movie Battles 2/Open Jedi Project have been added).
- Faster lightsaber ignition speed.
- New animations and duel stances for most of the main SW characters.
- New camera angles.
- New & improved player models.
- New & more movie-accurate skyboxes and map textures.
- Higher Quality audio dialogue, music, and an option for subtitles.
- Extended character selection and basic menus with more options.

Why do I advertise this here? Well think about this for a moment, this is a forum for a popular mod for Jedi Academy, focused on recreating fights from the films (despite having a dueling system), in a multiplayer-shooter type game, so it would make sense for a mod that focuses on recreating duels (in singleplayer) from the films to be promoted here. Think of this mod as a sister-mod to MB2, as it's got tons of content (maps mainly) coming straight from this mod.

Anyways, here's some previews of content that will be featured in a newer update of the Movie Duels mod, not seen anywhere else, so enjoy!
vKmZiwk.jpg

wHUm7lL.jpg

GlJRaHG.jpg

QWsASY8.jpg

Other Sources:
JKHub: STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of “Movie Duels II”) (Current WiP) - WIPs, Teasers & Releases - JKHub
ModDB: STAR WARS: Movie Duels mod
Discord Server: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About 10 years ago I started up Movie Battles II mistaking it for Movie Duels 2 and getting my ass handed to me forcing me to ragequit immediately. I enjoyed Movie Duels 2 a lot before finally growing a pair and moving on to MB2. Nice to see it get some love again.

Absolutely love this mod. Lotta passion behind Movie Duels, and a lot of enjoyable moments reliving the fights from a new perspective.

Hello all, and welcome to the MB2 Forum thread for the Movie Duels mod! What is Movie Duels, you ask? It's basically a Jedi Academy Singleplayer TC that recreates duels from (so far) all 3 of the original Star Wars Movies, with bonuses being included! One issue though: we're missing 3 movies, the original 3 in-fact, but they are getting missions developed as well (example being Ben Kenobi vs Darth Vader). This is a basic description of what the mod has:

- Choose the Light side of the Jedi or the Dark side of the Sith and relive the incredible duels from the movies.
- 16 missions inspired by the films, 3 missions inspired by Legends, and a ton of bonus missions, Movie Duels is one of the biggest Star Wars mods to ever exist.
- Relive the epic battles from the movies with new Animations, Cinematics, Maps and Effects.
- Master the missions in all three difficulty levels: Padawan, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Master.
- A new gamemode called "Challenge". Here you fight against the most famous characters from the Star Wars films in 15 stages. You must defeat each one to advance onward.

This mod is inspired by Wector's Movie Duels 2, and it's been almost 9 years since the mod's original release. I (and this mod's former leader Damian Howard) thought it was about time it got a "Remaster". After playing through it numerous times and looking into the assets that came with Movie Duels 2, everything within the mod itself, is actually rather accurate, and everything's in place already. But it was clear to us (me and the team), that it "lacked" in a number of areas, that the more modern mods are including, either by default or as an option. Here's a list of some key improvements over the original Movie Duels 2 mod:

- Uses OpenJK as its primary game engine
- New & more accurate lightsaber blades (SFX Sabers from Movie Battles 2/Open Jedi Project have been added).
- Faster lightsaber ignition speed.
- New animations and duel stances for most of the main SW characters.
- New camera angles.
- New & improved player models.
- New & more movie-accurate skyboxes and map textures.
- Higher Quality audio dialogue, music, and an option for subtitles.
- Extended character selection and basic menus with more options.

Why do I advertise this here? Well think about this for a moment, this is a forum for a popular mod for Jedi Academy, focused on recreating fights from the films (despite having a dueling system), in a multiplayer-shooter type game, so it would make sense for a mod that focuses on recreating duels (in singleplayer) from the films to be promoted here. Think of this mod as a sister-mod to MB2, as it's got tons of content (maps mainly) coming straight from this mod.

Anyways, here's some previews of content that will be featured in a newer update of the Movie Duels mod, not seen anywhere else, so enjoy!
vKmZiwk.jpg

wHUm7lL.jpg

GlJRaHG.jpg

QWsASY8.jpg

Other Sources:
JKHub: STAR WARS: Movie Duels (Remaster of “Movie Duels II”) (Current WiP) - WIPs, Teasers & Releases - JKHub
ModDB: STAR WARS: Movie Duels mod
Discord Server: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
This makes me proud, Loved this mod before I even playing Movie Battles. This was a beloved classic :) Also this looks awesome! I will be sure to try this out.

A new fully edited video on the Movie Duels YouTube channel highlighting the key events of Star Wars and teasing the upcoming Duel Maps update!