Someone help me out with starting Mapping

Hello, I was just wondering if there is a guide/tutorial somewhere to mapping, anything would help, thank you very much.

Upvote 0
All you have to do is add a siege file to make JKA maps work with mb2.
One last question, after looking at the JKA mapping guides, I realized they never properly showed anything about making objectives, setting certain team spawnpoints, naming the teams, making a loading screen, etc, any info on that would be AWESOME. thank you so much.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
One last question, after looking at the JKA mapping guides, I realized they never properly showed anything about making objectives, setting certain team spawnpoints, naming the teams, making a loading screen, etc, any info on that would be AWESOME. thank you so much.
There are some additional guides here: Tools for some mb2 stuff. Some is a bit outdated but should still work.

If you need specific help with understanding something or doing something specific, most of the teams level designers can help out. Feel free to DM me on discord for example. I may not respond right away but should be able to still help out.

There are some additional guides here: Tools for some mb2 stuff. Some is a bit outdated but should still work.

If you need specific help with understanding something or doing something specific, most of the teams level designers can help out. Feel free to DM me on discord for example. I may not respond right away but should be able to still help out.
quick question, where do i find the siege file inside of a maps pk3, im looking but cant seem to find it. using yavins as a reference for my own!

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
quick question, where do i find the siege file inside of a maps pk3, im looking but cant seem to find it. using yavins as a reference for my own!
the .siege files are all kept within MBAssets3.pk3. That way if we need to update text files like that we don't have to push multiple large files.

the .siege files are all kept within MBAssets3.pk3. That way if we need to update text files like that we don't have to push multiple large files.
add me on discord, i have a few questions! hopefully fairly simple. My discord is orange1424, thank you so much