Smuggler timer - how to do it?

How to make timer like this in gtkradiant? Is this the script work or is there any entities to make it work like this?

Upvote 0
I plan on doing more work on smuggler later this week. I'll pull out exactly what you need and post it here.
what kind of work?
can we have a secret area that gives you full health and a 1 shot gun that jedi cant block?

I plan on doing more work on smuggler later this week. I'll pull out exactly what you need and post it here.
But i am mapping now :C I want to know that mystery!

I checked the scripts with debehaved but i cant find the timer anywhere. The same goes with the timer from scarif map.

Ok! I think i know. I decompiled the smuggler map just to check entities. The trick goes like this -

- a target_speaker set on global for tick sound
- scripts that toggles triggers for smugglers/hunters
- the detonation messege on the left is a messege spawnflag in the target_delay entity with the value - Detonation:

I know how to do this now!

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Code:
/*QUAKED target_delay (1 0 0) (-8 -8 -8) (8 8 8) NO_RETRIGGER USE_TEAM_DELAY_WIN UI_COUNTDOWN
===========DESCRIPTION============================
Entity used to cause a delay between a trigger and a target. (Something sends a signal, it gets to this, and it waits this amount of time, then fires its target.)
===========SPAWNFLAGS=============================
NO_RETRIGGER - Keeps the delay from resetting the time if it is activated again while it is counting down to an event.

USE_TEAM_DELAY_WIN (MOVIE BATTLES II SPECIFIC) - For use in conjunction (targeted at) info_siege_Objective. When Team A (or B Depending on the siege obj) there is a delay on ending the round. With this flag, even if one or the other team dies, the team that does their objective wins.

UI_COUNTDOWN (MOVIE BATTLES II SPECIFIC) - Displays a count down and message on the clients' hud. A Maximum of two can be running in a single instance.
===========KEYS&VALUES============================

'wait' - Seconds to pause before firing targets.
'random' - Delay variance, total delay = delay +/- random seconds.
"message" - the message to display if UI_COUNTDOWN is true. (MOVIE BATTLES II SPECIFIC)
*/

Code:
/*QUAKED target_delay (1 0 0) (-8 -8 -8) (8 8 8) NO_RETRIGGER USE_TEAM_DELAY_WIN UI_COUNTDOWN
===========DESCRIPTION============================
Entity used to cause a delay between a trigger and a target. (Something sends a signal, it gets to this, and it waits this amount of time, then fires its target.)
===========SPAWNFLAGS=============================
NO_RETRIGGER - Keeps the delay from resetting the time if it is activated again while it is counting down to an event.

USE_TEAM_DELAY_WIN (MOVIE BATTLES II SPECIFIC) - For use in conjunction (targeted at) info_siege_Objective. When Team A (or B Depending on the siege obj) there is a delay on ending the round. With this flag, even if one or the other team dies, the team that does their objective wins.

UI_COUNTDOWN (MOVIE BATTLES II SPECIFIC) - Displays a count down and message on the clients' hud. A Maximum of two can be running in a single instance.
===========KEYS&VALUES============================

'wait' - Seconds to pause before firing targets.
'random' - Delay variance, total delay = delay +/- random seconds.
"message" - the message to display if UI_COUNTDOWN is true. (MOVIE BATTLES II SPECIFIC)
*/

Cool! Is there more keys&values list specific for Movie Battles 2 mapping? It is different for SP mapping that i know best.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Nice one Mace, I still haven't been on the pc to do (or play) mb2 :'(