Settra's Simple ReShade (Graphics Mod)

wregwge.png

As you can infer from the title, this is a fairly simple ReShade for Movie Battles II. The goal was essentially to make the game look a bit nicer without compromising the 'look'.

BEFORE/AFTER IMAGE ALBUM

SCREENSHOTS WITH RESHADE ENABLED

What does it do?:
-Slight increase in vibrance.
-Ambient Occlusion and improved shadows.
-Additional bloom for lightsources such as sabers, blaster fire and ambient lighting.
-Minor color change that deepens colors to make them colder in cold shades and warmer in warm shades, applies to both textures and lights.
-Other effects such as sharpening specifically aimed at textures for enhancement.
-Several effect configs that you can customize with various other effects at your own leisure (examples include: cel-shading, film grain, ambient lighting, depth of field, motion focus, motion blur, etc..).
-Can also be used for Academy or Outcast.

How do I use it?:
1. Install.
2. Play.
3. Enable or disable with the scroll lock key (if you have no scroll lock key, you can rebind this to another key of your choosing in global.cfg file located in Profiles/Default).
4. If interested, customize the active effects or turn on other ones via config files in the ReShade folder (effects can also be tested and turned on/off while in-game!).

Potential issues?:
-The ambient occlusion can at times be seen through UI. With the UI already being somewhat transparent, it's not the biggest issue ever, but it's worth noting. It can be disabled if needed.

Does it affect FPS?:
I have it applied to my game on three different systems of varying specifications (one of which being a craptop) and have never had FPS issues from the ReShade. None of the effects are particularly demanding to my knowledge. In my testing, it has been toaster-friendly but your experience could always vary. Some people have reported FPS issues, so if you have any, my first suggestion would be to download the alternate optimized version below. If you still have trouble, tweak some of the settings and see if you can get a mix of good visuals and performance.

Installation:
1. Download the ReShade pack from HERE. Alternatively, you can download this version if you have FPS troubles. (credit to cannonfodder)
2. Open it using Winrar/7zip.
3. Extract/move all the files into your game folder. You want to put the files in Jedi Academy/Gamedata.
To uninstall, simply remove the files from this download and the ReShade folder.

I think that about covers everything, there's not a whole lot to it lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Karus

Donator
Here are some screenshots with some edited value's, along with the edits @cannonfodder made to the .cfg's ^^
RBM (Reflective bump mapping) also looks BRILLIANT, especially on DOTF! But unfortunately, it reflects the HUD and more importantly, the crosshair. :(
Below is what my actual game is looking like currently. The AO really does add so much depth to the visuals, though I had to resort to setting the texture scale from 1.00 to 0.50 to stay at a playable FPS (60+).
The tonemap presets are also great, though, for gameplay I wouldn't recommend them. Screenshots/videos? Definitely.

shot0075.jpg

shot0047.jpg

shot0084.jpg

shot0058.jpg

Here are some screenshots with some edited value's, along with the edits @cannonfodder made to the .cfg's ^^
RBM (Reflective bump mapping) also looks BRILLIANT, especially on DOTF! But unfortunately, it reflects the HUD and more importantly, the crosshair. :(
Below is what my actual game is looking like currently. The AO really does add so much depth to the visuals, though I had to resort to setting the texture scale from 1.00 to 0.50 to stay at a playable FPS (60+).
The tonemap presets are also great, though, for gameplay I wouldn't recommend them. Screenshots/videos? Definitely.
How do you get the UI to look like it does in your images? I quite like the closeness of it to the character.

I tried both, with only a 10% increase in performance (frames went up from 36, to 46)
GTX 1050, Ryzen 3 2200G, 8GB RAM
This is pretty much the only reason I don't like using ReShade. Sure, you can make the game look great, but it'll be at unplayable frame rates.
Also tried editing some other effect values which are indicated to have an impact on performance, nothing really improved.
1050 struggle squad reporting in

Ok I tried the regular version and got like 80fps max on a 1080ti lmao but the optimised one is great and I sit at 120fps at all times. I will be using this from now on, thank you :)

Karus

Donator
Can you get banned for using this in servers?
Nope, not at all.
In fact, no modifications you use on MBII can get you automatically banned or anything like that.
Servers are hosted and controlled by players (for the majority), so if you are banned from ANY server, it's more than likely you did something the rules state not to do e.g. "flame/insult other players" things along that line.
I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind would ban you for using post-processing effects, and they'd also need to KNOW that's what you're using, which is to my knowledge impossible, server side.

It runs really well on the default one, makes the game dark but just need to adjust the brightness a lil.

GJ bro
56mnyj.png

Nope, not at all.
In fact, no modifications you use on MBII can get you automatically banned or anything like that.
Servers are hosted and controlled by players (for the majority), so if you are banned from ANY server, it's more than likely you did something the rules state not to do e.g. "flame/insult other players" things along that line.
I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind would ban you for using post-processing effects, and they'd also need to KNOW that's what you're using, which is to my knowledge impossible, server side.
Is this mod a dll. file? Or purely cfg.

Karus

Donator
Is this mod a dll. file? Or purely cfg.
Both, technically. The .dll is needed to attach to the game and then there's several configuration files with editable/toggleable effects in the actual reshade folder.
Yep, what Dougie said. It is a mixture of .dll and .cfg's.
If you want to customise the cfg's, you can do it whilst the game is open, so no need to re-launch after editing parameters, since ReShade automatically restarts upon maximization of the game window.