•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Servers disappeared on Favorites

Hi,

I've used MB2 on Mac for about three months now, and it's all been going okay until about three days ago. I refreshed my list of servers on Favorites and a chunk of them disappeared. This included AOD Pandemonium and some BG servers. I came back today and found all the servers I had put in favorites were gone. I've tried refreshing again and putting their IP back in, but nothing's worked.

The only real problems I had with MB2 before this was my messed up models, which were a result of me not being able to use MONO Framework. I instead load the mod through Jedi Academy Multiplayer by picking it in the Mod section in Settings. Everything has been fine up until this point. The current version of MB2 I'm running is 1.4, and I thought that was the current version.

Could anyone help me? Thank you.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Favorites get stored in "servercache.dat" file, that is saved in your home path. I can only think about a lack of write permissions for the game process so it fails to save the file. Maybe you override home path aka "fs_homepath" cvar on startup?

Sorry, that didn't work either. Was I supposed to put that into JKJA Launch?

If that doesn't work, is it possible that there's been an update? I remember that this happened when every server updated to 1.4.

Thank you.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
If any program on Mac crashes, you can see the crashlog just after the crash as a window with a big wall of text.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The current version of MB2 I'm running is 1.4, and I thought that was the current version.
I hope you understand that current version is 1.4.1?
V1.4.1 Update Released!

You need to update it somehow. I recommend you to use MBII Launcher with Mono.
Also you'd better use JKJALaunch to start MBII, and not picking mod from base JA menu.
To configure JKJALaunch, launch it holding Shift key, paste in Command Line Parameters:
Code:
+set fs_game MBII
Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

Sorry I'm late in replying, I've been away from home.

I've tried using Mono, but whenever I put in the right commands in Terminal, it just stops the program and says
"Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application."

I've tried moving the MBII folder and reloading the contents, but none of that works. I know this is offtopic, but if that's the problem can I get help with Mono?

Thank you.