•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Server randomly disconnects

souly

Banned
Hi, server tends to randomly disconnect throwing the 'Server disconnected' message at random times within the day.

I can't seem to figure out what it is and the log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. The server is hosted on Ubuntu if that helps.

Is this a known issue? Anybody know why this may be happening?

souly

Banned
Have you installed this?
Server Hotfix and Crash Logger | Movie Battles II Community

What exactly written in log?
Are you sure your server has constant connection to the Internet?

Yes I installed that at the beginning.

Which log file are you referring to?

That install file talks about crash logging, where are the crashes logged to? Do bare in mind that it doesn't seem to be a server crash, just a server disconnection.

souly

Banned
games.log

Also you can try to add to command line:
Code:
+set logfile 3 +set developer 1
You'll get new log called qconsole.log.

crash_log_[date].log in GameData folder (or whereever linuxjampded is placed).

Okay, here is the qconsole.log.
logfile opened on Mon Jan 25 23:46:05 2016 Can't find strings/english/help.st - Pastebin.com

The server crashed and then when players came back, on line 1896:

clientCommand: ^4F^7RANK ^4L^7AMPART : 11 : say "Yeah just ask Vis for a server .cfg"

Somewhere before that it crashed, because Frank reconnected, joined game and then said that.

Here is the games.log around the time it crashed also.

2:36 Kill: 12 6 56: Prime ^1Harcownik killed ^5KYLO REN by MOD_STUN_BATON 2:3 - Pastebin.com

Can anybody spot why this may be happening? It happened like 4 times in 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
sv_fps 20 is a little low (it means that server is syncing "situation" with clients 20 times per second), if your machine doesn't have CPu bottleneck problems, leave it at 40. Setting it higher doesn't work, it will be 40 max anyway. In any case, keep it as a number that can be cleanly divided by 4.

I can't make head or tails of this log. Are you using openjk or jampded?