•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Server disconnected: quit

I just downloaded MBII and I have been trying to play for the past two hours and I keep running into this crash.

Every time I join a server or host my own it will connect, I will be in spectator mode for a few seconds to about a minute, (the longest was about a minute thirty), then it will crash and this error message appears;

"Error: Server disconnected: quit: Please start the game via launcher and keep it running!"
Screenshot (14).png

(Added picture just in case it helps)

I have been searching through the forums for the past hour and I have tried every solution I could find. Turning off Steam mode and switching to MBII Client. I uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. The launcher is in the GameData folder. Everything I have tried failed. So now here I am. In desperate need of support because I was really looking forward to playing MBII, but this issue has become incredibly frustrating.

Thanks for the reply! I was messing around with it yesterday and I got it to run by running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7. But if it ever acts up again I will try your suggestions.