•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Server crashing with "FS_HandleForFile: none free" error

Status
Not open for further replies.
~server_recursive_error.png

Screenshot above shows the server command prompt indicating the error causing the crash. The only mention of this I've found with Google is the following:
Error : FS_HandleForFile : none free

It might be related, but it obviously isn't concerning a Movie Battles 2 server so any help would be appreciated.

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It seems you're getting the error upon the initial launch of the server? If I remember correctly, sometimes when I ran a test server from my home computer I got a similar error during startup, but then when I simply loaded a new map by typing "map mb2_dotf" for example it would load fine. Worth a try if the console's still letting you type in commands after the error.

It seems you're getting the error upon the initial launch of the server? If I remember correctly, sometimes when I ran a test server from my home computer I got a similar error during startup, but then when I simply loaded a new map by typing "map mb2_dotf" for example it would load fine. Worth a try if the console's still letting you type in commands after the error.

It isn't on the initial launch, I believe it is the start of a new match after many hours of being left up.
However it appears that the hotfix did indeed solve the issue.

Not really sure how to mark this thread SOLVED though...

Status
Not open for further replies.