Semi Serious Suggestion 3: Projectile Rifle Ignores Armor

The Projectile rifle is in a decent spot right now, but I have been thinking about a potentially interesting change for a while. What if the Projectile rifle ignored armor health (Most SW armor is designed to block energy and shrapnel, but not slugs)? This could give the Proj a new niche so it would have a different niche than the Mando and ARC snipers. The Default damage would definitely have to be reduced, but I think with some thought it could be balanced.

Overall the HP of the classes would determine the kill zones on the body instead of the armor value. E.g. clones would have more consistency. This would also equalize the effectiveness of the sniper on Jedi, ARCs, Mandos, Heroes, and Bounty Hunters. I don't know exactly how damage scales in mb2, but I guess 50 damage would be a decent default.

The Biggest issue would be that SBDs would probably tank the shots more easily, but if that is a big issue we could increase the effectiveness of the rifle on droids by a decent percentage. Of course with these changes the rifle would ignore the deka shields too, though this may be a problem.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
What I think makes this suggestion difficult to balance is how proj would work on headshot vs bodyshot damage.

Right now, a proj headshot does around ~315 damage to a non-rage wookiee.

damage-thats-a-lot-of-damage.gif

But if a proj ignored armor and only did health damage, say like 60 damage ignoring armor, suddenly that proj headshot on a wookiee does ~180 damage, a huge step down. It would also make buying armor to try and counter it sort of pointless.

I think it could work, but since locational damage modifiers are universal on snipers, I think it's not quite right for what we're looking for. I do agree that it would introduce some needed consistency for something like clone armor 2.

Yes, this would probably mostly buff the Tanks of the game. Wookies probably need some HS protection anyway. Also if they haven't changed it back since 1.8:

• Change: General head shot multiplier reduced from 3.0x to 2.5x. Sniper shots remain at 3.0x.
So for 60 default damage the max damage is 150. That may be a biiiit to little all things considered. I just think it would be neat anyway.

Edit: I contradict myself here. Shame.

Last edited:
Here's the big question - why would that be better than its current mechanics? Because I imagine it'd be a lot of work to implement this, so there should be a VERY good reason to do it.

I write these suggestions down because I think they would be cool if implemented, not necessarily easy or good to add. E.g. my first post about making Flourish and gloat deal damage, or my second post about giving clones jump packs.

The points stated in the other points do stand though. Wookies would definitely benefit from this.