Saber Throw

I was wondering if it is possible to make recalling your lightsaber after throwing it have a range limit similar to the movies (like 20 feet?), and collide with walls/objects which would make the saber drop where it hits?

If that is possible, I think it would be neat to have the saber throw do more like a blue swing on impact. That would make it much more worth using, but also add risk to it so you can't just throw it and run behind a few walls and wait for it to come back.

It's already been said, but... Just fix the hit-detection.

Right now it doesn't matter if you are a god at saber-throw, because even if you can see it visibly hit, you gotta roll four D6 and get a total over 25 to actually register a hit.

Good luck..

S

Shady ^^

Besides the hit detection, I've only got one issue that nobody mentioned surprisingly.

Being the team player that I am, I often try to save knocked/pushed/pulled down team mates from a saberist opponent.

Best case scenario is just blocking the enemy's saber (an occasional pimp slap too) and yay, I managed to save my team mate (I'm thinking of gunners and fws).

However if I'm a bit further away from the proposed situation Saber Throw would be my last option. I actually tried to use ST to stop a sith from killing a hero whilst he was swinging. My saber just bounced off, as if it was nothing.

You guys might have seen that SW The Old Republic trailer with the 2v2 jedi sith fight where the jedi master saves his padawan with an immensely epic saber throw.

My proposition: Make the opponent's saber stagger when they get hit by a thrown saber WHILST they are attacking. If they block, the thrown saber will just bounce off.

P.S.: I want to start saving desperate situations with saber throw!

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
My proposition: Make the opponent's saber stagger when they get hit by a thrown saber WHILST they are attacking. If they block, the thrown saber will just bounce off.
Not a bad idea.

The problem is staggering in this instance wouldn't solve the problem, it would kind of just be there without fulfilling a meaningful purpose. Right now when you throw a lightsaber at a swinging Jedi/Sith you cause them to block and their swing to reset, if thrown correctly. Fix hitboxes, and you can cause it to happen more consistently.

Just, just no. Jedi does not need a buff for saber throw. And using its horrible hit detection as an excuse to make the damage quadrupled isnt a good argument
disagree, if something is impossible to use and in general not useful in almost any situation, currently the only reason i would ever think to saber throw is if i know a gunner has been shot enough and if they got knocked down, even then i wouldn't really play with a gunner, what you're saying is that if a feature is nearly useless then it isnt an excuse to make it better in any way?

disagree, if something is impossible to use and in general not useful in almost any situation, currently the only reason i would ever think to saber throw is if i know a gunner has been shot enough and if they got knocked down, even then i wouldn't really play with a gunner, what you're saying is that if a feature is nearly useless then it isnt an excuse to make it better in any way?

You missed the point. The first thing that should be fixed is the saber throw itself. Not change it's damage or even it's cooldown.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Yet Jedi and Sith do just fine without saber throw. As I explained, fix the hitboxes and the damage is fine. Jedi and Sith do not need a ranged alternative.

Preston

Nerd
Saber throw is far from useless.