•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] RTVRTM problem with logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I installed RTVRTM.pt version 3.6 and when im trying to run it error occur: ERROR: Log file does not exist.
But i've enabled advanced logging in my server.cfg. How can i fix that ?
my start file
./linuxjampded +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_port 28070 +exec server.cfg
and in server.cfg i have this (and a lot of other, but this one is important i thing)
seta g_logClientInfo "1"
seta g_logSync "1"
seta g_logExlicit "3"

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Even after change, there is no log file :(
I hope you did restart server after that?
Upload your configs, both server and rtv.
Screenshot of an error are welcomed too.
Also cast @Cat Lady

And please read this topic:
[SOLVED] - Looking for the RTV/RTM Script | Movie Battles II Community
Originally posted by Cat Lady:
Hm, you need to enable separate python program (the actual rtvrtm.py or whatever it is called), that connects to server via rcon. There is nothing that server need to "Recognize" on server side - from server perspective, rtvrtm is just rcon admin saying funny stuff via svsay. Also, remember that server need detailed logging enabled, and rtvrtm.py need to know where to look for this config (it will complain on start if it doesn't).

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The problem is, server is not logging anything in server.log.log file. This file doesn't even exist.
I've started server using your config and file server.log was created in GameData\MBII folder.
Does your server have write access rights to MBII (and/or other) folder?
Search server.log inside every relative folder, I don't know where this file should be on Linux.
Make sure path /usr/src/mbii/server.log is correct.

Also your server looks like duel server (seta g_Authenticity "3"), but rtv don't want to run with such gametype, while it's ok when I pick open mode.
ERROR: Invalid mode for default game (0, 1, 2).

Last edited:
Well, i changed permissions of EVERY file of server for 775. Still the file is not created. Maybe it's problem of linux libraries or something ? (U tried on Windows or linux ?)

OH MY GOD. Worst folder for logs. I found it in /root/.ja/MBII
Geez. I thought of this possibility when i read about looking in every possible folder ^^
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.