•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server RTV/RTM question

OK so I remember RTV/RTM was just a big ass python script when it was first released. I can't find that or anything right now except for some exe that offloads crap to your base folder and looks for jampded.exe

Since it seems to be configured to look for an .exe does that mean that this method requires a Windows dedicated server and not a Linux one? Or can this be run on both platforms?

Hey there!

I have a problem with setting up rtv.
I want solve, when a vote is completed, change map after the round ends, not immediately.

I tough this line is for it:

* Change map immediately after a map limit voting or await for the next round.
* 0 = Disabled (map will only change after a new round is detected).
* 1 = Enabled (map will change immediately after a map limit voting).
* This field can be left empty or commented if neither Roundlimit nor Timelimit
* are enabled.

Limit change immediately: 1
------------
Tried this option too:

* Define the method to use to complete a RTV voting,
* and the number of minutes/rounds as the voting limit.
* 0 = Minutes (A RTV voting will complete based on the specified value in minutes).
* 1 = Rounds (A RTV voting will complete based on the specified value in rounds.
* The round in which the voting was started will not be counted towards this value).
* Ex: RTV voting: 0 3
* will complete a RTV voting after 3 minutes have passed.
* Display messages informing the players of the voting and the voting options will occur
* at intervals of 1 minute. The final display message will occur 30 seconds before the voting completes.
* Ex: RTV voting: 1 5
* will complete a RTV voting after 5 rounds have passed.
* Display messages informing the players of the voting and the voting options will occur
* at the beginning of every round.
* This field can be left empty or commented if RTV is disabled.

RTV voting: 1 5

But its not. ... :D Can anyone help me about this?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I want solve, when a vote is completed, change map after the round ends, not immediately.
I'm not sure what do you want: you want map to be changed just after voting completed, in the middle of round, *or* do you want changing to be delayed until current round is over?

Anyway, these two options works for me (didn't check which one):
Code:
Limit change immediately:
RTV change immediately:
0 = wait
1 = change now!

If "RTV change immediately" won't help, make sure those settings are set in the config file only once, search for a duplicate entries.
If you will still have problems, upload your whole rtvrtm.cfg.

Dear Puppytime,

Yeah, I wanted to setup rtv, to change map after the round ends.

Thank you for your help, I had this setup multiple time, set it to everywhere, and now it works supergood. :))

Thank you again!