Rock the Shuffle?

k4far

Banned
Donator
As I am playing and playing, playing and playing people are yelling, yelling and yelling DO NOT STACK!!!!!!!!

I do not really mind being in that less succesful team, BUT some individuals prefere to gang abuse others even more easly than it is usually. AND so we have teams 13 vs 9 and so on... that are like that for some time.

Basicly, a RTS ak. Rock The Shuffle would force change their teams. [Try to make the teams even in terms of numbers and based on actual scores and ALSO take away the possibility of changing team for at least a round]. I find it annoying that people rush to Seras's or else's team just so they easy finish off people being crushed by numbers (then they even write ez but that's normal i guess).

To initiate it it would require typing as you have guessed and when certain number of people agrees to do so it happens. Simple as that. People with auth to do the shuffle are rare and itself shuffling is rarely used, sadly.

What do you think? Are you tired of typing TEAMS, TEAMS?

chicknman

Banned
Nah I like playing with my friends ... It just sucks that we're better than 99% of the MB2 player base so it turns into a pub stomp.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sounds like a decent feature. I would definitely prefer it being a poll that is voted on by the majority of the server rather than a sole admin perceiving an issue where it usually is just a matter of "git gud".

I'd say one of the beauties in MB2 is the potential for a great skill disrepency. Modern games tend to really pander when it comes to giving you equal opponents. I find it very frustrating to play against people of the same caliber constantly. It really makes it hard to see just how good the good players are.

Even if this sound great, won't this be blocked by player on the winning team ?
If we need 1/2 of the people of the server to RTS, why those who don't want to switch would want to initiate a shuffle ?

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Even if this sound great, won't this be blocked by player on the winning team ?
If we need 1/2 of the people of the server to RTS, why those who don't want to switch would want to initiate a shuffle ?
The idea would be for people to be sensible and realize when they're just stomping too hard and detracting from the fun of the opposing team.

k4far

Banned
Donator
It just sucks that we're better than 99% of the MB2 player base.

I am often seeing up to 5 people on Team Speak owning half of the server, their kind of fun, but the point is MB is a game for everyone, you can play as you want to play. Keeping that in mind you can not play as you want when teams are so different in term of numbers.

New Battlefront sucks and that precisely brought a lot, a lot of totally new people to us - would be wise to take adventage of that.

So now, just making it more competitive by forcing teams to be fair will surely work in favor of the game.

chicknman

Banned
I am often seeing up to 5 people on Team Speak owning half of the server, their kind of fun, but the point is MB is a game for everyone, you can play as you want to play. Keeping that in mind you can not play as you want when teams are so different in term of numbers.

New Battlefront sucks and that precisely brought a lot, a lot of totally new people to us - would be wise to take adventage of that.

So now, just making it more competitive by forcing teams to be fair will surely work in favor of the game.

I think the player should also hold some accountability and try to improve their game and seek out others to play with. I've been playing this game for what's considered a moderate amount of time, and have seen people from day 1 who haven't improved one bit. Is it really fair for me, someone who has put in the work to get to the skill level I'm at, to sacrifice MY fun for others simply because they chose not to improve... Now this obviously doesn't apply to new players, but I see the same faces on my server daily, and often times it's the ones who have been playing awhile that cry skill stack.

You cant punish people for wanting to play with their friends and putting in the work to get better.

Instead of putting the blame on people that are good, re-evaluate how you're contributing to your team's success, and what you can do to improve.

For all the NA people looking to improve, I would highly suggest looking into joining CB. They have a good group of people who are willing to train in all aspects of the game.

i had a wall of text explaining why i liked this idea but why i now hate it, when i got caught up in making a picture so here have this semi related picture

roshandtheguyfinal2.jpg

enjoy cancer

disclaimer - dis isnt an attack im just makin fun of the thread with bad paint memes

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
in all seriousness it is pretty tiring when you end up on a team of largely hapless newbies vs a team of decently coordinated and very experienced players who have no qualms about absolutely streamrolling people who have no idea what they're doing, over and over.

which happens. especially when clans are involved, which is always.

so i wouldn't mind a rosh vote

we could call it Rock the Shuffle or RoSh for short
!rosh
lol no

As I am playing and playing, playing and playing people are yelling, yelling and yelling DO NOT STACK!!!!!!!!

I do not really mind being in that less succesful team, BUT some individuals prefere to gang abuse others even more easly than it is usually. AND so we have teams 13 vs 9 and so on... that are like that for some time.

Basicly, a RTS ak. Rock The Shuffle would force change their teams. [Try to make the teams even in terms of numbers and based on actual scores and ALSO take away the possibility of changing team for at least a round]. I find it annoying that people rush to Seras's or else's team just so they easy finish off people being crushed by numbers (then they even write ez but that's normal i guess).

To initiate it it would require typing as you have guessed and when certain number of people agrees to do so it happens. Simple as that. People with auth to do the shuffle are rare and itself shuffling is rarely used, sadly.

nice idea, but it wouldn't work in mbtoo
>inb4 ppl choosing servers without rosh
>inb4 nopoint builds after the shuffle

git gud

It's actually surprising that this feature hasn't been added during all those years of development. Definite YES from me, it would improve the gameplay experience massively.

yeah, well. it will not work.
1-2 round teams will be even, and then someone will switch, then someone will join to winning team and here we go again.
mb2 and fair teams doesn't exist more than few rounds. witnessed same just yesterday when i was the only one with positive score in imps and others had like 0\8 2\7 etc, and rebs were 13\0, 9\2 etc.
and guess what - good player joined rebs. gg.

i more like when it's actually admin in winning team with more players and when ppl say "teams" - zero reaction, but if he is in losing team - nooooo, shuffle asap, forcespec everyone.

Cool idea. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with friends and players.
I like to play with my brother on the same team, and if I join and get shuffled onto another team, then I don't think I'd play on any server that allowed that feature.

This is assuming I can't switch back onto the team after i've been shuffled.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Cool idea. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with friends and players.
I like to play with my brother on the same team, and if I join and get shuffled onto another team, then I don't think I'd play on any server that allowed that feature.

Do you guys switch if one team keeps rage quitting? This idea is to stomp people who 2+ with 26/0 and keep one team rage quitting and do nothing about disbalance they are creating. While I see the pre-made teams should fight other pre-made teams you will be still doing okay with your brother unless you are really creating a stack by playing on the same team. It's about everybody having fun because fun of 2 people < fun of remaining 30.