(RAGEPOST) collect player's accuracy for FAIR-PLAY

asAconsumer

Banned
There is a certain individual that lost his official admin -> renamed -> and is now cheating - posing as a good gunner N.

Battlefield Heroes (dead game) used to have a page with gun accuracy for each weapon where you could inspect player's profile to find out if they are cheating or not.
- Unnaturally high accuracy with A280 or DLT-20A at around 50%-99% (PERHAPS THEY ARE USING AIM-ASSIST??)

Fair-play is as important as new content. Try to balance those things.

Eazy-E nailed it. Unlike other games I play (CoD for instance), I've never come across real cheaters in MB2. I've seen people abuse maps to "cheat", like SBD being able to shoot through boxes on DS to hit targets from behind cover, or Sith using speed, or Windshaft using some sort of DDoS to crash Tr, but that's it. The people who top the leaderboards almost always have 3,000+ hours.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Eazy-E nailed it. Unlike other games I play (CoD for instance), I've never come across real cheaters in MB2. I've seen people abuse maps to "cheat", like SBD being able to shoot through boxes on DS to hit targets from behind cover, or Sith using speed, or Windshaft using some sort of DDoS to crash Tr, but that's it. The people who top the leaderboards almost always have 3,000+ hours.
Wtf you've never seen a cheater on mb2?

[...] stuff was mostly janked together and while it made things it easier it by no means made you invincible. [...] The vast majority of "cheaters" are generally just very very good players, this is a really old mod and there's people here from all the way back in the early 00s with 1000s of hours of gameplay. After playing that long you're probably going to be really really good where to new players it almost seems like you're cheating.
An aimbot that you can toggle or one that you can one-shot/-time use with the press of a button is a super unfair advantage. You cannot really hope to compete against people abusing such tools.

Sure, most people with good aim most likely are not using such a cheat but when such a thing gets used with no qualms you can get dead certain really fast spectating a game and seeing such an individual "pulling off" one inhuman near 180° twitch "precognition" headshot kill after the next.

Seeing one such instance and catching wind of a discord where such hacks are getting shared and perceiving people in this community practically not really caring about this but instead giving one exactly this "nah they are just good" response regarding this topic ...

I do not know. It hurts. This mod can be really great fun. But no longer for me when I know it is currently so easy for cheaters to take advantage of others here.

And easy it is indeed, most everyone could go that road and use existing cheats for this. Warnings that it may very well also contain other malware which could backfire on careless players that feel okay to also resort to these cheats will help at least as little as my whining here I would think.

Kodar

Internal Beta Team
You do realize how dogshit aimbots are in this mod, right? Great for ruptor, basically dogshit otherwise. If they lead, I just rapid fire AD and laugh when they spray the innocent wall behind me. If they don't lead, I just hold A or D and enjoy invincibility.
Not to mention aimbots are extremely obvious because of that, which results in a quick ban if admins are on.

Wallhacks are the primary viable cheat method, and then there's dueling shenanigans with pblock scripts. That's about it.

@Kodar:
It is not just the disruptor that is hitscan or close enough to it in MBII. Shots are not as slow as you make them out to be and you are not
often enough that far apart from one another to have what you say begin to apply.
Especially not with Smuggler likely still being played relatively often together with some other maps.
Plus, you will have to see them first, bad chances for that against people with "eyes in their back and to all sides" so to speak.
Would you not expect the aimbot to be able to mix up leading and not leading ...

The obvious abuser of the aimbot that I witnessed had admin rights himself. Tough luck I guess.

[...] Cheats will just make me average. [...]

If it is fun to people to attempt to sidestep or mislead aimbot shots, or join the ranks of cheaters to get on par with them and see whose aimbot hits first OK. I do not want to endure such to get a MBII fix, though.

Last edited:

Eazy E

Banned
An aimbot that you can toggle or one that you can one-shot/-time use with the press of a button is a super unfair advantage. You cannot really hope to compete against people abusing such tools.
AFAIK there are no aimbots so far that are effective enough to be of any use. Also unlike other games projectile travel time is slow af, making strafing and dodging easy as hell, an aimbot is more of a detriment unless it knows how to lead shots.

Sure, most people with good aim most likely are not using such a cheat but when such a thing gets used with no qualms you can get dead certain really fast spectating a game and seeing such an individual "pulling off" one inhuman near 180° twitch "precognition" headshot kill after the next.
Good aim is being able to turn 180° pull off a few consecutive headshots on new players and then continuing on your way. Like I said this mod is ancient, so "good" here is not like "good" in the newest COD game its' more akin to having 4000 hours over 10 years and being able to snipe people with your eyes closed. You can still find oldfags running around dotf classic from time to time with the alias "Padawan" ranking at the top of the scoreboard, it's nothing to do with cheats, they really are that good. Try playing old Quake Multiplayer games and seeing how good people are in those.

Seeing one such instance and catching wind of a discord where such hacks are getting shared and perceiving people in this community practically not really caring about this but instead giving one exactly this "nah they are just good" response regarding this topic ...
No doubt this happens, and while I like to troll the devs they are very strict about any of this kinda stuff, which I appreciate. I remember us simply having nightshades in our clan, not even distributing or using his PB/SB/Wall Hacks, had us delisted and ostracised by the development team until we threw him under the bus like the (((People))) we are. I have no doubt in secret chats on the Je'daii discord Kronos still distributes his SB hacks and there's a bunch of retards who use them but generally, the few who do, get caught out quickly and you'll see they are banned on every major clan, official and large private-run servers. There's probably a few that slip through the cracks but they're exception not the rule.

I do not know. It hurts. This mod can be really great fun. But no longer for me when I know it is currently so easy for cheaters to take advantage of others here.
I recommend picking servers with white names if you're relatively new, or joining a clan. That way you can either play against people of similar skill level to you and thus improve yourself until you're able to compete with the oldfags or joining a clan (even if only to learn and ditching them immediately after) where one of the more veteran players can teach you/help you master all the tricks, skills and gimmicks of gameplay.

And easy it is indeed, most everyone could go that road and use existing cheats for this. Warnings that it may very well also contain other malware which could backfire on careless players that feel okay to also resort to these cheats will help at least as little as my whining here I would think.
I don't think most people would, it takes the fun out of the game for anyone but griefers, like I said there is no doubt a few cheaters who run under the radar and you can find occasionally on major servers but they are very rare.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
AFAIK there are no aimbots so far that are effective enough to be of any use. Also unlike other games projectile travel time is slow af, making strafing and dodging easy as hell, an aimbot is more of a detriment unless it knows how to lead shots.

Good aim is being able to turn 180° pull off a few consecutive headshots on new players and then continuing on your way. Like I said this mod is ancient, so "good" here is not like "good" in the newest COD game its' more akin to having 4000 hours over 10 years and being able to snipe people with your eyes closed. You can still find oldfags running around dotf classic from time to time with the alias "Padawan" ranking at the top of the scoreboard, it's nothing to do with cheats, they really are that good. Try playing old Quake Multiplayer games and seeing how good people are in those.

No doubt this happens, and while I like to troll the devs they are very strict about any of this kinda stuff, which I appreciate. I remember us simply having nightshades in our clan, not even distributing or using his PB/SB/Wall Hacks, had us delisted and ostracised by the development team until we threw him under the bus like the (((People))) we are. I have no doubt in secret chats on the Je'daii discord Kronos still distributes his SB hacks and there's a bunch of retards who use them but generally, the few who do, get caught out quickly and you'll see they are banned on every major clan, official and large private-run servers. There's probably a few that slip through the cracks but they're exception not the rule.

I recommend picking servers with white names if you're relatively new, or joining a clan. That way you can either play against people of similar skill level to you and thus improve yourself until you're able to compete with the oldfags or joining a clan (even if only to learn and ditching them immediately after) where one of the more veteran players can teach you/help you master all the tricks, skills and gimmicks of gameplay.

I don't think most people would, it takes the fun out of the game for anyone but griefers, like I said there is no doubt a few cheaters who run under the radar and you can find occasionally on major servers but they are very rare.
>aimbot
>not effective
Wtf????

Eazy E

Banned
Infraction: Flaming / Harassment / Discrimination
>aimbot
>not effective
Wtf????
Aimbot doesn't move your shots, once they're fired, retard. All it does is keep your crosshair consistently on the enemy, which due to slow bullet speed on MB2 means nothing outside of close range engagements.

A smart aimbot can lead as Kodar mentioned. And if it is really smart or rather does the leading properly it takes projectile speed and not just the movement / speed of the target into account doing so as well. Otherwise it could allow you to toggle the leading or let you adjust the parameters used for it on the fly.

But again it does not have to because there are weapons in MBII that are hitscan or close enough to that in terms of their speed.

Of course an aimbot can be brutally effective in MBII not just on Smuggler where not just me saw such already getting abused.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Aimbot doesn't move your shots, once they're fired, retard. All it does is keep your crosshair consistently on the enemy, which due to slow bullet speed on MB2 means nothing outside of close range engagements.
yes but this game is 99% close range engagements so obviously it is a huge advantage