question for devs

• Thread starter Deleted member 7686
  • Start date

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Last time I was playing as a gunner (3 days ago) I had lots of fun killing Jedi and Sith, sometimes even more in a row. What's wrong guys?

One of the worst weapons to fight off a saberist with currently is the EE-3. It has horrible point blank hitting consistency, way too inconsistent to knockback a more experienced jedi. This is probably due to the gun over heating a bit too fast and/or causing spread, also the narrowed hitbox sensation due to removed flinch and pathetic FP drains + jedi's low DR (except for hs which ignore DR anyway, I think). Not to mention the effectiveness of knockback is still widely inconsistent, jedi can mostly just bumrush you taking low FP damage and still trade hp for a kill (utilizing yaws to do that).

Inb4 but thats why the class has jetpack. You will be disappoint to discover or experience yourself that any self-aware jedi have even fewer issues killing mandas that slowly accelerate away in a jumping distance compared to mandas that stay on ground.

I find manda needs some tweaks, so here are my suggestions:

Gun tweaks:
1) Making EE-3 overheat less rapidly, retaining accuracy for slightly longer periods
2) Reducing the gun spread during overheat
3) Obviously the most effective route which doesn't influence gunner vs gunner mechanics as much as the previous points - buff the FP drains of primary mode and/or sniper mode.

Jetpack tweaks:
1) Add slightly more acceleration/deacceleration with the top speed being the same. This would probably be a strong change, however it would give the manda some breathing space at the climax of a jedi stampede, along with proper mid-air knockback would make saberists think twice before simply holding lmb+jump.

Saberist tweaks:
1) Kind of a given, saberists need slightly more knockback mid-air, to stave off the highly effortless jump-executing of a manda.
2) King of a given again, saberists need slightly less DR. Before anyone goes crazy, I think it should be looked at a per gun basis. No one would enjoy playing saberist dying to 5 body shots, however a gunner putting in 10-15 bodyshots without killing a jedi is slightly absurd.

This feedback wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention how absurdly broken dual pistols (Westars and ARC pistols) are and don't shoot where the crosshair actually points. It compounds to the fact that EE-3 was nerfed a few patches ago so you're stuck taking EE-3 for better anti-saberist results yet it doesn't function as surely as it should.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
EE-3 drops off accuracy after like 3 shots. I think that there could be some Westar-M5 implementations to it. It could look something like this.

EE-3 Lvl 1 (Same as lvl 1) 8 PtsEE-3 Lvl 2 (Same as level 2, unlocks next tiers) 8 Pts

Can only choose one or the other
EE-3 Accuracy (Dramatically increases the shots before accuracy stops, increase accuracy while moving by a hair) (5-6 shots? just ballparking a number) 8 Pts
EE-3 Sniper (Same as EE-3 Lvl 3) 10 Pts

Last edited:
Damage reduction needs to go bye bye, and knock back needs to apply also when Jedi/sith jump at you and attack.

take us back to before jedi dmg reduction was a thing. i miss those days when jedi couldnt tank shots

Depends how far. Early builds had Jedi that could take a rocket to the head and laugh. Bunnyhopping with heal regen'ing 2? 3? hp a second at 5 force cost with no range drain implemented.... o_O

On the flip side, hit detection was so bad even 50 hp solds could tank 3 swings sometimes.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
im thinking that build right after the ui update and right before they introduced cyan,purple. cant remember what they called it

i think mando should also have diversity with a beskar armour build type. Giving a choice of sbd platings but sacrificing the jetpack entirely would be a cool build choice

Applying flinch to only when in mid-air saber users is better than them jumping at you and killing you while being able to do nothing but as much damage as you can.

there will be some changes to jump swings soonᵗᵐ