PSA TO CONFUSED NADE JUMPERS

With the new 1.8 update, frag nade behavour was changed to be similar to conc nades (3 second timer and no surface contact explosions)

This makes nade jumping incredibly difficult to do consistently as you need to wait for the 3 seconds and time your dash perfectly

However you might have not noticed this line in the patch notes:
  • Quick Throw:
    • Fix: Quickthrow now only takes ammo if the grenade is thrown.
    • Change: Level 2 now throws previous alt frag functionality with same primed ratio as primary QT. <--------
This means that you CAN still nade jump normally

You need:

• Quick throw level 2

• The "Alternate Ability 1" key found in Settings -> Controls -> Moviebattles

What you do:

While running hit the alternate ability key (with FISTS or GUN out ONLY - quickthrow doesn't work if you are holding the grenade)

Dash at the same time as you throw the nade at the ground

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
I guess this is not a coincidence, right ? Since nade-jump isn't "lore friendly" enough or maybe just a meme exploit (who the fuck knows), but since devs want to make the game more authentic and respect SW gravity : I really hope they will consider adding Leia's ability to fly in space (after breaking Lunarbase's window) it will surely fit Star Wars gravity/lore/roleplay even more :)

Preston

Nerd
I guess this is not a coincidence, right ? Since nade-jump isn't "lore friendly" enough or maybe just a meme exploit (who the fuck knows), but since devs want to make the game more authentic and respect SW gravity : I really hope they will consider adding Leia's ability to fly in space (after breaking Lunarbase's window) it will surely fit Star Wars gravity/lore/roleplay even more :)
It was a unintentional change, but yes we must add space Leia to windows of lunar.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
When it comes to authenticity. Open mode has not much to do with it Star Wars-wise, there are MOMENTS which look authentic that can make it *movie*battles - and we love it for this very reason! At least, me personally. MBII is where Jedi aren't demi-gods like in old and new Battlefronts (or in any other SW material basically). A random soldier meleeing down the Emperor will never be authentic. Sure, I might be nitpicking but you get my point.

I just don't see why nade jump? There are"bugs" like this some even more annoying and/or harmful yet those remain untouched. Like, the gliding to the ceiling thing. Also, when you jump up to a low ceiling, reaching it, then suddenly you end up on the other half of the room. Don't know how it's called but it's almost like teleporting and there's not much you can do about it, except watching the opponent jumping back and forth to eternity while making a fool of yourself. Not to mention some melee katas being glitchy at times which I personally dislike but am still okay with it.

Nade jump on the other hand just *looks* weird but doesn't provide that much advantage for the user. It's basically a risk of HP and overall life. Even when successfully performed, the user might end up in a disadvantageous situation - being knocked down for example. Can't remember how many times I had a clear shot to Bob on DS after nade jumping through the bridge. It still required good timing to do it well. Now it looks much more difficult. Yes, I know that part of the map shouldn't be crossed this way. That's not how the map intended to be. Yet, we should find a middle-ground here.

How about making the timing window a bit longer, but not as long as it originally was?

Of course we aim towards mechanics to be sensible. Nonetheless removing funny stuff in a decaying community might not be the best idea. Doing anything that creates huge drama is a bad idea in general.

As old veteran devs used to say "it's not a bug, it's a feature".

Last edited:
yeah just make the timing of quickthrow and dash more flexible, thats all the change we want really

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
When it comes to authenticity. Open mode has not much to do with it Star Wars-wise, there are MOMENTS which look authentic that can make it *movie*battles - and we love it for this very reason! At least, me personally. MBII is where Jedi aren't demi-gods like in old and new Battlefronts (or in any other SW material basically). A random soldier meleeing down the Emperor will never be authentic. Sure, I might be nitpicking but you get my point.

I just don't see why nade jump? There are"bugs" like this some even more annoying and/or harmful yet those remain untouched. Like, the gliding to the ceiling thing. Also, when you jump up to a low ceiling, reaching it, then suddenly you end up on the other half of the room. Don't know how it's called but it's almost like teleporting and there's not much you can do about it, except watching the opponent jumping back and forth to eternity while making a fool of yourself. Not to mention some melee katas being glitchy at times which I personally dislike but am still okay with it.

Nade jump on the other hand just *looks* weird but doesn't provide that much advantage for the user. It's basically a risk of HP and overall life. Even when successfully performed, the user might end up in a disadvantageous situation - being knocked down for example. Can't remember how many times I had a clear shot to Bob on DS after nade jumping through the bridge. It still required good timing to do it well. Now it looks much more difficult. Yes, I know that part of the map shouldn't be crossed this way. That's not how the map intended to be. Yet, we should find a middle-ground here.

How about making the timing window a bit longer, but not as long as it originally was?

Of course we aim towards mechanics to be sensible. Nonetheless removing funny stuff in a decaying community might not be the best idea. Doing anything that creates huge drama is a bad idea in general.

As old veteran devs used to say "it's not a bug, it's a feature".
Why nade jump? Because its fun to do