Proposal: Voice Game System

I decided to bring this up again. Something I think people could at least discuss. A quality of life matter.

I have a big gripe with the current voice command system in MB2. First off, it's incredibly difficult to learn the button combinations and I've spend a lot of time trying to learn them, but since they're numbers they're not really logical and difficult to remember.

Second gripe would be that I have manlet fingers that can hardly reach said numbers. Obviously not a problem for everyone. Would probably not be a problem for me if I bothered to move my hand off WASD and closer to the numbers for one tenth of a second. That is, assuming if I didn't take 10 seconds to try and remember what voice command did what. And no, I don't want to read through the menu in the middle of a heated battle.

What I propose is Voice Game System, VGS, used in Tribes, at least. A logical letter orientated voice command system.
You press V to open the menu, or whatever you have it bound to.
Then you press, for example, S for 'spot'. Then T for 'Troops'. VST, something that's incredibly easy and fast to learn because it combines a verbal task to a verbal task, you can press it in the blink of an eye after using it 2-3 times.
Or, VIS, Voice, Imperials, Sith. I dunno how anyone is meant to press 9 or 0 or whatever Imperials is bound to then try and remember which of the 6 classes was bound to which number.

One drawback mentioned last time that I proposed this was presented by... Sorry, forgot who you were. Anyway, the drawback is that since the way this thing works overlaps with letters, it would make movement and such impossible while using VGS.
Counterpoint from me, the drawback of the current system is that it completely shuts down every form of action for me because the number based voice command menu is difficult to navigate and commands difficult to remember.

And, even better would be if players could bind each menu and command in the voice command menu to whatever letter or key they like.

Someone might ask: why won't I just bind all the commands to my keyboard? Not enough keys.

Not necessarily an urgent matter since it's a quality of life thing but I think this would further encourage people in using voice commands more. The voice command overhaul and all the additions it got, along with removing all the stuff that's not useful in MB2, was a really good thing for the mod. I just wish I could utilize it better.

Well, as an option I wouldn't mind it, but I don't want it to replace the current one as it's the one I've gotten used to.

All I need to remember for now is V>4>2, V>4>4, and V>4>5...

Phelps

Donator
I don't mind the current one either, it's okay. I only miss some of the old ones. As many old farts here pointed out.

Why not open a public teamspeak with the official servers first, then contact hosts of servers to add their ts into a sub ts?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Don't we already have an official MBII TS server?