Perspective from a new player

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
So I spent a while playing the mod, I haven't played JKJA itself for quite some time, so I was highly interested in it. As a competitive Chivalry MW/DW player, for quite some time, I decided to try and apply what I've known.

(Yes, I know I'm new, however I believe my opinion does make a difference, as I do have significant experience in competitive melee-style games, and I can understand the design choices)

The blaster play, and movement is amazing, the force powers are also amazing (if weirdly imbalanced)... however the saber combat?

Feels absolutely terrible. It is difficult to even see what you're doing, or if you even have had a major effect. I used all of the styles, and it seems like Red is incredibly strong compared to the others. I'll break down the issues in as short as I can

Saber combat feels stale, and feels like a trading match where each player takes turns with a combo, and the one who did the most stamina break, wins. Occasionally winning by way of knockdown. Does not feel fluid or fun at all. Not to mention, I found that I can (using Chivalry footwork) make a Jedi/Sith opponent miss 10, 20, 30 times in a row, but there is literally no way to take advantage of making them swing like fools. If I dodge their attack, and attempt to punish, I am immediately met with them blocking, and if they are using red style, I lose BP. Which recovers incredibly slowly, I might add.

Against multiple opponents, it feels like I'm just trying to trick one into a quick kill, or praying that they kill each other.

For those who haven't played Mount and Blade, or Chivalry: Mount and Blade is incredibly direction based, and Chivalry is incredibly timing based (Unless you have a shield, which uses a similar stamina feature to what MBII was going for, methinks).

I honestly believe the block, should only occur when using the block button, and it should only work for a short time, and if you attack while holding block as the opponent's saber connects, you should be able to stagger them slightly. The BP system should be there to keep people from swinging like idiots, and you should lose BP as you miss attacks, similar to Chivalry. I believe that would work significantly better. Either that, or make attacking expose yourself significantly more, and for longer.

Balance it like a fighting game. If I block your saber, I get +4 frame advantage, and you either block, or you eat a 4 frame faster attack than yours. Blocking and Attacking should be two separate entities in a video game, not simultaneous, and then adding stamina ontop of that. It isn't realistic enough to merit such a system.

Another issue with Saber, is the deflection is flawed in a couple of ways, giving anyone with a blaster a supreme advantage over a single Jedi/Sith target. It takes an incredibly long time for a Jedi/Sith to recover from a failed push. I'd argue 2 competent Commandos are literally impossible to beat as a Sith/Jedi. Bottom line, blasters fire waaaaaay too quickly to be balanced, and this rapid fire lends them to be incredibly strong against melee-type units *EXCEPT* Wookies/SBDs, who appear blatantly overpowered anyway.

On a side note, why is Lightning so bad? If you force push lightning a gunner, and he happened to walk at just the right time, you simply die. You can't recover fast enough to zap him, and I have instances where I manage to land the lightning push, then use the FULL force bar, and still not kill the opponent... Really quite a terrible power.

inb4 git gud u suk u must be bad, as a typical community response.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I wasn't going to answer this, but to address the issue of the gunner vs jedi thing that i read, it just seems that achiles wanted that the jedi have an absolute advantage against any shooter. Although it is true to the movies, it isn't in the game. Jedi is a class as any other in the game, and thus must be balanced even on 1v1, with the natural advantage they have with force powers and deflection, if you can use it.
People already said that about the "pro" players, but i wanted to give this the view of the average player. I'm a scrub, a completely average players, since i started playing like 3 weeks from now. One day, me and my brother were recreating the "obi vs jango" stage, a shooter vs jedi. I'm sightly better than him. The outcome of the match was obvious: when i was as jango, i''d kill him more, but he killed me sometimes also. When we inverted and i went as obi wan, I would also kill him more, but he would kill me sometimes also.
Thing is, i thought the 1v1 there balanced, since i really was better than him, and independent of what class i used, i could gain the upper hand most of the times. But I wasn't extremely better as to be impossible for him to kill me.
You have to realize that jedi/sith aren't butchers in here. They generally have an advantage if you play well, but they will be outmatched by other players that play gunners well. As I said, they are a class as any other.
Btw, about the fire rate, i think the fire rate, specailly if you are with even gunners on both sides, make the game feel like the movies, where we see lasers flying everywhere, but at the same time, it doesn't kill as easily as you say it does (at least not from my brief experience).
And to end, about the guide to dueling mechanics, along with someone that taught me in game, i learned a lot from this:
[Guide] The Dueling Compendium | Movie Battles II Community

And I believe it was here way before when you started playing.

Aye, it took me a while to determine that. Now I actually feel like regular gunners have absolutely no chance against me, which I kind of feel bad for. I really like this mod so far, just... something is screaming at me that it is lacking potential in the dueling area.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Dueling is pretty fast unless it turns into a runfest or two players just accidentally PB each other all the time. BP goes down very fast with body hits. Back when I started around B18-B19 days, duels took 2 minutes every time and everyone frowned if a jedi and a sith were the last players on the team. Heck, I remember having my PSP next to me so I could play some JRPG while waiting for jedi and sith to finish their duel. Although, back then Mblock was also easier, so anyone who didn't know about swingblock died in a second.

A single three hit red combo will instantly kill anyone as long as all three hits are bodyhits. At least from my experience.

Comboing doesn't require that strict a timing. I guess you may have figured it out already, but you can press and hold attack for the next swing around the time the previous swing is about to end, and it doesn't drain more BP than tapping at the exact moment. It's one of those things you just grow a feel for after doing it for a while, and it becomes automatic.

Well, I like the idea of 15-20 damage (or a 5 hit kill) on body block, and toning down the combos a bit, because I feel that it would make people more cautious, end battles faster, and give people a chance to whittle down tough opponents. At the time being for me, combat seems wholly aggressive and centered around the stamina bar, which... I don't know... doesn't feel right at all. Of course it'd feel right to people with years of experience on it, because they grew to love it.

It just feels like precision and 'reserved' takes a back seat to combo count, pblock, and slap. You cannot appear to wait for an opponent to make a series of mistakes, and then punish them for it, when the punishment is just meter. When one can't kill an opponent with just precise and quick single swings when they are most vulnerable.

Yeah, the comboing isn't strict, I learned. I misunderstood when they said 'tap', assumed it was a 1 frame tap at the very end, which is really hard to do, and I was trying to do ;P

Last edited:
So far, the only thing i find odd is the saber throw. Although i understand it is a balance choice, i think even I throw a sword better than those force users.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
We don't appear to be playing the same game, you and I. So what you're saying is: He has to be dumb enough to get caught in a wall, you have to have backup, or some how jump on him while he's holding still, and slash him, while he is holding still... Or just run zig zag, while he's holding still, and slash while he is holding still.

The problem is not avoiding his shots, the problem is *catching* the heroes.
For God sakes, do you really think you should kill heroes without any efforts?
That's why you do need experience and skills, to predict typical moves of other players, range of your saber and so on. You can't get all those things in 12 hours, it simply does not work that way.
There is always some guy playing a gunner, who wants a fair play, too. And now you're telling him that you don't wanna spend time and efforts to play against him, you just about to buff Jedi so much that he would has no way no avoid you attacks?
Don't forget, they don't have a lightsaber, they can't deflect incoming shot, can't protect themselves if glowstick touch them.
Try to move erratically. Don't just zig zag, move around so that it's very hard to predict your movements, so the hero will have tougher time hitting you.
Well this is what I meant in my previous, just too lazy to write all that. :D
Fighting against gunner is some kind of battles of nerves. Sith/jedi moving around gunner, not necessarily zig-zag, and wait for good chance to hit him with a saber. Also sith wait gunner to release shift then push him, and gunner expects opponents to use push to shot him at that moment, and also send some bullets in a hope to low his fp.
Jedi can jump on gunner in order to make aiming harder and get closer at the same time, and can jump behind a corner to regenerate fp or suddenly swing back, running from the corner if opponent would chase him.
All this is some kind of dance of the death and basically both saberist and gunner have pretty similar chances to win.
Ah well, just questions about some frustrations I've encountered. Believe me, I'm not trying to whine or anything, I would simply like an explanation, and potential solutions. Perhaps bringing these things up might encourage fixes?
But your topic in the nutshell is like this:
Hey guys, you suck. Now help me!
That's obviously not better way to start a conversation.
{Δ} Beenubs: I got banned from a few servers minutes after getting the mod
{Δ} Beenubs: for "not being good enough"
Lol if it really would be possible to be banned for "not being good enough" it would be a nightmare to me, since I play for some meaningful time and still very low-skilled. But I never got banned for that...
The issue wasn't being new, the issue became 'Why doesn't this 10 year old mod have properly defined, and listed mechanics, with an offline practice mode?'
There is multiple ways to answer that.

First, I don't think it really not documented enough. There is Library, guides and discussions on forums, if you spend some time and put pieces together you'll get a lot of knowledge.

Second, this is a free mod made by volunteers in their free time. Lacking of some features which developers didn't had time to implement is pretty common for such things.
More over, sometimes commercial games (or software, we can go wider) also have not enough documentation or just released with bugs (remember KOTOR 2). When you use some software intensively, there always will be a day when you realize that there is not enough help and guides for it.

Third, few mouths ago mb2 community survived a some kind of disaster, when old forums containing tons of info just met Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin:
Downtime, Cause and Consequences | Movie Battles II Community
I think it would be wise for the devs to close threads like this for now on, because it's just gonna give new players the idea that the reason they aren't good at MBII is the games and developers fault. And not their own lack of practice and patience to learn the games mechanics.
So you want just censorship? Should we ban everybody who dare to criticize Movie Battles? What next, death camps for those who say 'x is OP'?
C'mon, if somebody will decide not to play mb2 just because of this thread, that would mean that we all wasn't good enough to arguing with one annoying guy.
But actually I think this topic can cause ppl to only look into Movie Battles, because game which provokes such debates should be really worth some attention. If it's bad, why anybody would waste some time to flame about it during 13 pages?
And to end, about the guide to dueling mechanics, along with someone that taught me in game, i learned a lot from this:
[Guide] The Dueling Compendium | Movie Battles II Community

And I believe it was here way before when you started playing.
ok, if we post some guides, here it is:
Tutorials and Guides | Movie Battles II Community
Not a guide, but also should be checked by TS:
SeV's Saber System Fix | Movie Battles II Community

Last edited:
Aye, it took me a while to determine that. Now I actually feel like regular gunners have absolutely no chance against me, which I kind of feel bad for. I really like this mod so far, just... something is screaming at me that it is lacking potential in the dueling area.

I had that feeling of chaos and "randomness" first times I played. Having seeing other, more skilled people, play made me feel the contrary, that there was something in there that it was me who wasn't seeing. Not saying it's perfect, but considering they have to balance a duel alongside a game that have to be balanced with long range classes and still feel "star warsish", i think they've done a pretty good job. Give it some time, maybe you'll have another perspective just like with the gunner thing as other people already said.

These are nice, but I was addressing specifically his claim of not knowing basic moves for duel because there was nowhere to learn. As with every game, i go to the forums when there isn't something completely clear in the games, and that guide was very helpful for me.

Preston

Nerd
That's why you do need experience and skills, to predict typical moves of other players, range of your saber and so on. You can't get all those things in 12 hours, it simply does not work that way.
There is always some guy playing a gunner, who wants a fair play, too. And now you're telling him that you don't wanna spend time and efforts to play against him, you just about to buff Jedi so much that he would has no way no avoid you attacks?
Don't forget, they don't have a lightsaber, they can't deflect incoming shot, can't protect themselves if glowstick touch them.

Well this is what I meant in my previous, just too lazy to write all that. :D
Fighting against gunner is some kind of battles of nerves. Sith/jedi moving around gunner, not necessarily zig-zag, and wait for good chance to hit him with a saber. Also sith wait gunner to release shift then push him, and gunner expects opponents to use push to shot him at that moment, and also send some bullets in a hope to low his fp.
Jedi can jump on gunner in order to make aiming harder and get closer at the same time, and can jump behind a corner to regenerate fp or suddenly swing back, running from the corner if opponent would chase him.
All this is some kind of dance of the death and basically both saberist and gunner have pretty similar chances to win.

But your topic in the nutshell is like this:
Hey guys, you suck. Now help me!
That's obviously not better way to start a conversation.

Lol if it really would be possible to be banned for "not being good enough" it would be a nightmare to me, since I play for some meaningful time and still very low-skilled. But I never got banned for that...

There is multiple ways to answer that.

First, I don't think it really not documented enough. There is Library, guides and discussions on forums, if you spend some time and put pieces together you'll get a lot of knowledge.

Second, this is a free mod made by volunteers in their free time. Lacking of some features which developers didn't had time to implement is pretty common for such things.
More over, sometimes commercial games (or software, we can go wider) also have not enough documentation or just released with bugs (remember KOTOR 2). When you use some software intensively, there always will be a day when you realize that there is not enough help and guides for it.

Third, few mouths ago mb2 community survived a some kind of disaster, when old forums containing tons of info just met Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin:
Downtime, Cause and Consequences | Movie Battles II Community

So you want just censorship? Should we ban everybody who dare to criticize Movie Battles? What next, death camps for those who say 'x is OP'?
C'mon, if somebody will decide not to play mb2 just because of this thread, that would mean that we all wasn't good enough to arguing with one annoying guy.
But actually I think this topic can cause ppl to only look into Movie Battles, because game which provokes such debates should be really worth some attention. If it's bad, why anybody would waste some time to flame about it during 13 pages?

No I dont want censorship, I just dont want new players to think that oh since I am bad at this game it is obviously the mods fault and not mine. which is basically what achilles entire argument is about it seems. Also it seems he hates everything till he learns how to do it... only main thing left is sabering, which is the hardest to learn obviously. So hopefully this thread will just end once he finally learns to duel and we can all stop commenting on this thread that has basically become useless for its initial purpose.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
No I dont want censorship, I just dont want new players to think that oh since I am bad at this game it is obviously the mods fault and not mine. which is basically what achilles entire argument is about it seems. Also it seems he hates everything till he learns how to do it... only main thing left is sabering, which is the hardest to learn obviously. So hopefully this thread will just end once he finally learns to duel and we can all stop commenting on this thread that has basically become useless for its initial purpose.

No, it isn't hate. I simply feel there are better ways of achieving things. I said before, I love the blaster play, for the most part, I simply felt as though it was overpowered, because I was under the assumption that I could not run and deflect, since I never saw anyone do it, and it did not appear to be in the guide. I tested it, and I was hit, probably sniped, and thus that was my first defining experience. However, with sabers, I like some aspects of it, but feel it is way too combo oriented/focused on BP. Single strikes are pointless, for the most part, because I believe the 'movie battles mod' is taking a bit too literal the bad swordsmanship in the movies.

For instance, the perk on Cyan, is beautiful, and is really unique... giving the style a unique flare. However, in the combat system at the time being, it feels as though it is mostly just about spamming combos into your opponent whenever you get the chance, and then just trying to knock him down/PB every other chance. It also seems to give an ENORMOUS advantage due to the parrying mechanic, and how many combos you can spam at once/how fast. Perhaps it would be better if the combat was slightly less focused on the BP, and instead of being a combo whoring style, Cyan could have a maximum of two strikes, be a fast style intended on parrying/countering swiftly, dealing 15-20 damage on body hits...

If you add a more serious punishment to being body hit, and then reduce the combo spam, then the game would take a drastic shift from 'Break his BP', 'slap to interrupt', 'guess if he slaps and block swing', to being far more careful, and measured with your swings.

That to me, would be far more fun, and less glow-stick swing. Obviously vets will disagree, because they have gotten used to the current system. However, as I'm learning it, I feel like I can see flaws in an unbiased light. Granted I may be incorrect about certain aspects as I'm learning, which is bound to change my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm also influenced by watching and studying how good players fight.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
No, it isn't hate. I simply feel there are better ways of achieving things. I said before, I love the blaster play, for the most part, I simply felt as though it was overpowered, because I as under the assumption that I could not run and deflect, since I never saw anyone do it, and it did not appear to be in the guide. I tested it, and I was hit, probably sniped, and thus that was my first defining experience. However, with sabers, I like some aspects of it, but feel it is way too combo oriented/focused on BP. Single strikes are pointless, for the most part, because I believe the 'movie battles mod' is taking a bit too literal the bad swordsmanship in the movies.

For instance, the perk on Cyan, is beautiful, and is really unique... giving the style a unique flare. However, in the combat system at the time being, it feels as though it is mostly just about spamming combos into your opponent whenever you get the chance, and then just trying to knock him down/PB every other chance. It also seems to give an ENORMOUS advantage due to the parrying mechanic, and how many combos you can spam at once/how fast. Perhaps it would be better if the combat was slightly less focused on the BP, and instead of being a combo whoring style, Cyan could have a maximum of two strikes, be a fast style intended on parrying/countering swiftly, dealing 15-20 damage on body hits...

If you add a more serious punishment to being body hit, and then reduce the combo spam, then the game would take a drastic shift from 'Break his BP', 'slap to interrupt', 'guess if he slaps and block swing', to being far more careful, and measured with your swings.

That to me, would be far more fun, and less glow-stick swing. Obviously vets will disagree, because they have gotten used to the current system. However, as I'm learning it, I feel like I can see flaws in an unbiased light. Granted I may be incorrect about certain aspects as I'm learning, which is bound to change my opinion, but keep in mind that I'm also influenced by watching and studying how good players fight.

Well for once you are right, in a way. If you look at the saber system through cyan then yes. It's horrible. Cyan has the worst perk in the entire game, and promoted like you said. Combo spam. I would suggest you play with yellow instead, its much more balanced, much easier to combo, and much more fun to play with. And I have to disagree with you about seeing its flaws in an "unbiased light" you are very biased because of chivalry, we can all see this just by looking through your posts, comparing this game to chivalry every chance you could get.

But I am sure you will change many aspects if not all of the bad aspects you think the saber system has once you start to learn more and practice more.

I will guess once you actually learn to combo properly and understand pblocking and acm and such more that you will eventually learn to love it as everyone else has to some degree.

I hope you start enjoying the game more and start seeing this game in more of an open mind, instead of thinking and comparing this game with others. You should start to see this as something unique and different, and if you do that you will learn to love this mod and it's dueling sytem.

Oh and one more thing, its kinda hard to tell who the "good" players are at the moment, there are so many new players over this past month or two that have joined and they now make up probably over 50% of the population now. So what im saying is ive seen complete noobs get good K/Ds or whatever but they actually dont know really how to even play yet xD. This is especially shown on dueling servers now because everyone wants to learn how to use their glowbats.

So a good way to really see if someone is a good player is if they know how to combo well, and counter correctly, and perfect block over 50% of any attacks, other than attacks getting parried.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Well for once you are right, in a way. If you look at the saber system through cyan then yes. It's horrible. Cyan has the worst perk in the entire game, and promoted like you said. Combo spam. I would suggest you play with yellow instead, its much more balanced, much easier to combo, and much more fun to play with. And I have to disagree with you about seeing its flaws in an "unbiased light" you are very biased because of chivalry, we can all see this just by looking through your posts, comparing this game to chivalry every chance you could get. And I am sure you will change many aspects if not all of the bad aspects you think the saber system has once you start to learn more.

But I am sure you will change many aspects if not all of the bad aspects you think the saber system has once you start to learn more and practice more.

I will guess once you actually learn to combo properly and understand pblocking and acm and such more that you will eventually learn to love it as everyone else has to some degree.

I hope you start enjoying the game more and start seeing this game in more of an open mind, instead of thinking and comparing this game with others. You should start to see this as something unique and different, and if you do that you will learn to love this mod and it's dueling sytem.

Oh and one more thing, its kinda hard to tell who the "good" players are at the moment, there are so many new players over this past month or two that have joined and they now make up probably over 50% of the population now. So what im saying is ive seen complete noobs get good K/Ds or whatever but they actually dont know really how to even play yet xD. This is especially shown on dueling servers now because everyone wants to learn how to use their glowbats.

So a good way to really see if someone is a good player is if they know how to combo well, and counter correctly, and perfect block over 50% of any attacks, other than attacks getting parried.

No, I am not biased due to Chivalry. If I were, I'd be asking for timing based parries, and drags. I have problems with Chivalry's combat as well, but that is for a different forum.

However, I can see the benefits of both. The stamina system in MBII is way better than Chivalry, but the issue is MBII is literally nothing *but* a stamina system. I want the swordsmanship to feel more real, and offer more. Thus, having a damaging body hits, and less combos, would achieve much of that.

I do know how the mechanics work now, after a significant amount of research and asking questions. Just need to practice them.

I actually really like Cyan's perk, just, I feel it is misused. Instead of promoting spamming, it should promote precision. Parrying an attack, and then immediately counter them. Should be like a fencer's style.

I can tell when I've found a good one, by those very standards.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
No, I am not biased due to Chivalry. If I were, I'd be asking for timing based parries, and drags. I have problems with Chivalry's combat as well, but that is for a different forum.

However, I can see the benefits of both. The stamina system in MBII is way better than Chivalry, but the issue is MBII is literally nothing *but* a stamina system. I want the swordsmanship to feel more real, and offer more. Thus, having a damaging body hits, and less combos, would achieve much of that.

I actually really like Cyan's perk, just, I feel it is misused. Instead of promoting spamming, it should promote precision. Parrying an attack, and then immediately counter them. Should be like a fencer's style.
Read my edited post, I added some more stuff. And mb2 is based on more than just bp, it has to do with attack chain multiplier, ap, perfect blocking, parrying, slapping, countering, dfas, and lots more. Its not just a game of take turns hitting each other with a bat and eventually see who combos the most and drains the others bp as fast as possible.

Now it may seem like this when watching newer players and even decent players, but if you watch good players it will be much more diverse.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Read my edited post, I added some more stuff. And mb2 is based on more than just bp, it has to do with attack chain multiplier, ap, perfect blocking, parrying, slapping, countering, dfas, and lots more. Its not just a game of take turns hitting each other with a bat and eventually see who combos the most and drains the others bp as fast as possible.

Now it may seem like this when watching newer players and even decent players, but if you watch good players it will be much more diverse.

Yes, I'm aware, but all of those mechanics are centered on BP.

I also edited my post in response to your edits.

Preston

Nerd
Yes, I'm aware, but all of those mechanics are centered on BP.

I also edited my post in response to your edits.
Well sorry but its gonna stay like that lol, without bp this game would be the garbage that is base. And I don't quite think you know all the mechanics yet. Theres more than meets the eye. Now I will agree that you may know the basic mechanics but just not all of them

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Well sorry but its gonna stay like that lol, without bp this game would be the garbage that is base. And I don't quite think you know all the mechanics yet. Theres more than meets the eye. Now I will agree that you may know the basic mechanics but just not all of them

I'm not even remotely suggesting the removal of BP. I'm suggesting making body hits damaging, and reducing combo effectiveness. So that it is simply less of a spam fest on all styles, especially something like Cyan. So that precise single strikes are just as effective as going ham on someone with a glowstick.

Overwhelming someone would still be a thing, with BP, but less of the primary feature.

Preston

Nerd
I'm not even remotely suggesting the removal of BP. I'm suggesting making body hits damaging, and reducing combo effectiveness. So that it is simply less of a spam fest on all styles, especially something like Cyan. So that precise single strikes are just as effective as going ham on someone with a glowstick.

Overwhelming someone would still be a thing, with BP, but less of the primary feature.
Combos are not actually effective, only the first swing of a combo gains ap. The better players dont just combo spam. And body hits are very damaging. I can show you right now if you wanted to on a duel server.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Combos are not actually effective, only the first swing of a combo gains ap. The better players dont just combo spam. And body hits are very damaging. I can show you right now if you wanted to on a duel server.

Damaging to health. Not your god-stamina bar. So how am I to defeat someone with single hits on Cyan?

Preston

Nerd
Damaging to health. Not your god-stamina bar. So how am I to defeat someone with single hits on Cyan?
Yes its damaging for bp. Again you seem to know more than players with years of experience. And how are you suppose to beat someone with cyan with only single hits? Well you wait for them to attack, pblock their combo and then strike them nland start to gain ap. Repeat this and you win if you are good enough. Now obviously the best thing to do is not just single hits all the time. The best thing to do would be go between songle hits 2 hits and 3 hit combos. Keeping your opponent always wondering what you will do next. Varying you swing directions and angles.
Also stop calling it the stanima bar lol, its called bp

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Yes its damaging for bp. Again you seem to know more than players with years of experience. And how are you suppose to beat someone with cyan with only single hits? Well you wait for them to attack, pblock their combo and then strike them nland start to gain ap. Repeat this and you win if you are good enough. Now obviously the best thing to do is not just single hits all the time. The best thing to do would be go between songle hits 2 hits and 3 hit combos. Keeping your opponent always wondering what you will do next. Varying you swing directions and angles.
Also stop calling it the stanima bar lol, its called bp

It is literally a stamina bar, and adding PHYSICAL DAMAGE not stamina damage to a body hit, and then reducing combo spam, would make the game far more intuitive, and wouldn't hurt the balance, either. Heavy strikes would still deal insane BP damage, and faster strikes would be less combo oriented, and more about finishing off an opponent without needing to BP break.

Preston

Nerd
It is literally a stamina bar, and adding PHYSICAL DAMAGE not stamina damage to a body hit, and then reducing combo spam, would make the game far more intuitive, and wouldn't hurt the balance, either. Heavy strikes would still deal insane BP damage, and faster strikes would be less combo oriented, and more about finishing off an opponent without needing to BP break.
HAHAHHAHAAHH BODY HITS DEALING HP DAMAGE!!! HAHAHAHAHA

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
HAHAHHAHAAHH BODY HITS DEALING HP DAMAGE!!! HAHAHAHAHA

If you reduce the combo spam, it would work quite well. I assure you. It would essentially be the same system, only merit more caution, and add new ways of finding victory, than just whoever BP breaks the opponent.

Preston

Nerd
If you reduce the combo spam, it would work quite well. I assure you. It would essentially be the same system, only merit more caution, and add new ways of finding victory, than just whoever BP breaks the opponent.
No no no no no no no no. That is honestly the absolute worst idea I have ever heard that I legit laughed really hard irl. In no way would this be good for dueling or saber balance.if you want thay type of system play another game. This game will still like this. And nothing like that will ever be implemented ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.