•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Ok one more thing xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know if I can run the game (Jedi Academy) with the mod with a Intel Pentium processor T4400. My brother wants to play on his laptop with me but whenever I launch Jedi Academy it displays an Error message flashing in red: GLW_StartOpenGL()-could not load Open GL subsystem. Anyways hope you can halp me thanks. :D oh and he has Windows 10 and Steam version

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    214.2 KB · Views: 369
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    214.2 KB · Views: 278
I am not going to be much of help because it is a matter of fixing your driver on windows 10 (which I haven't been working on yet).
Or fixing the config of the jedi academy game.
Here are some issues that people fixed for Wolfenstein: ET - game runs on q3 engine as well.
Maybe.... I am saying maybe it is a similar problem, might as well not be.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1399920

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2041056
In case you'd want to work with some resolutions in the config files, then your aspect ratio is 16:9 (1366 x 768).

My bet is this is some driver issue with W10. I do not recommend installing this system on most of the notebooks. But it is the choice of the user in the end.

I really wonder if the game would work under W7 or some linux distro (arch ? ).
Not going to recommend the change of the system tho just to try out if MB2 is working :p
And I am not saying it is Windows 10 being "bad" it is just not going to be supported on all the notebooks in the world... there's too many of these systems :p

Keep in mind this is just my "wild bet" :D
Ok thanks alot everyone. I personally really don't like the new Windows 10. I'm not a computer expert and I barely know how to setup a PC but can it be that JA can't support Win 10??

I was running Windows 8 for a while and JKA would run fine without any issues. I updated to Windows 10 and I could no longer launch JKA or MBII without it crashing instantly. Thankfully OpenJK works for me but I believe it's an issue with the driver updates. I know plenty of people had no problems running JKA with Win10 so it's not the operating system specifically but I think more so the driver updates that come along with it. Have you had earlier versions of Windows ever on that laptop? Have you ever had JKA working on it before? I'm not very familiar with Windows 10 even though I use it, so I'm just speculating here

LOL, OpenGL... well try this, try downloading a binary file for opengl32.dll, you might even be able to pull this out from system32 folder. Be careful where you download some though they could be bad or corrupt, I heard different opengl32.dlls are optimized for different cpu/archs/os, not sure if this is true. Either way find a new opengl32.dll, and place that inside your gamedata folder, (same folder as the exe), jka should be able to read this in. I uploaded my opengl32, if you dont trust me thats cool, cause i wouldnt LOL. Try asking a friend to donate his opengl32, should be in system32, jamp should be able to read it in from system32 or its local directory, but you may have something like opengl64 (not sure if it even exists LOL) but 32 is what you will need. It could also be a permissions issue on winGAYs10, preventing opengl32 from being read. Either way, GL (but not openGL LOL)

Attachments

• opengl32.zip
    265.7 KB · Views: 280
I was going to suggest this earlier but I wasn't sure if it would work with Win10. Several times in the past I've used that to fix JKA OpenGL errors, the only problem is every time I did it would cause my FPS rate to drop to an almost unplayable level. It's worth a shot though, I suggest you give what Zero is saying a try, Decisive.

Status
Not open for further replies.