Official MBII Moments Series

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Hello there!

Welcome to the official thread of MBII team's moments videos posted on the official MBII youtube channel. From now on every new moments video on the channel will also be posted here.

Right now I am the only one producing this content and I intend on releasing a new video once every two months varying from 30 seconds to 5 minutes (Correction: After trial & error it would seem that shorter videos do not really get the people's attention so I will stick to bigger video projects only. This also means that videos will probably come out in a rate of 2 videos per year or less). Maybe in the future we will also have other content creators.

Here is the debuting video. It is about the not so successful moments of mb2.

Enjoy!

EDIT 6.12.2019

EDIT: 2.4.2020

EDIT: 6.5.2020

EDIT: 22.8.2020

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
do you take demos? i got a few but not motivated/no jamme to do it

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
do you take demos? i got a few but not motivated/no jamme to do it
I could take a look but I am a very picky guy, send only your best! Also wouldnt mind if you explained from which build the demo is from and approximately in what time the action starts. Going through demos can be very time consuming even with this info.

I could take a look but I am a very picky guy, send only your best! Also wouldnt mind if you explained from which build the demo is from and approximately in what time the action starts. Going through demos can be very time consuming even with this info.
How do you still have jamme!!!!!11

once every two months varying from 30 seconds to 5 minutes
😰😞😢😭⚰

Not to hate on this vid, but..... Everybody can tell the difference between this, and your older videos, and I'm not sure if this change was really for the best

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
😰😞😢😭⚰

Not to hate on this vid, but..... Everybody can tell the difference between this, and your older videos, and I'm not sure if this change was really for the best
Critic noted.

if I were to continue to make 8-10 min videos they would be coming out once a year.

I think the ”problem” with this video was that I was going for a certain category; fails. Maybe problem lies there because most of my best demos did not really fit that category. I may rethink this category thing and whenever making a longer 3-5 min video I try to just go for my regular moments feel.

as for the shorter, about 1 minute videos: I assure you those will get a lot more attention editing wise. They will be shorter but they will also be closer to a style of those ”longer epic moments” that I usually saved last in my older videos.

if I were to continue to make 8-10 min videos they would be coming out once a year.
Wish we could turn back time
To the good old days
😭

But I understand what had be done and why. Good luck in your future endeavours <3
Also, where's your dev team badge?

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Wish we could turn back time
To the good old days
😭
I understand where youre coming from. In no way do I want to lower my standards. Biggest problem would be that with 10 min vids I would make 10 videos in the next 10 years. With this I make 6 videos a year minimum. I think more videos more frequently could promo this game better and I bet newer players can handle shorter videos better.

If you feel this first video was a bit underwhelming then dont worry, a lot fun stuff is coming in the future. It is a new thing for me too since I am not familiar with the concept of making videos in advance and NOT publish it right away. Right now I got 3 other videos ready and one in the making but I can’t publish them or I couldnt keep up with the a video every two months policy.

Next video will come out this December. It will be a shorter ”one minute” -video but as I said, those videos will get more love since they will pretty much always be about one single mb2 moment. It will be called appropriately ”rise of the gary stue”

I have a mass-collection of demos from versions 1.4 and onward that you are free to use if you want them, mostly just me pressing my save demo key whenever I played and found something funny or whatnot. My interest in this game has been somewhat diminished recently, and I'm not prepared to scour through versions to try and get my demos to run in jamme. They're all for the most part from NA servers, so I guess they will be at least useful if somebody complains about 'muh NA representation', though the chance of that is fairly low given how the NA pop has reduced itself this past year.

1,175 demos, a standard round of time each in length, from Christmas 2016 to late 2017.

Want even more work? Make a graph showing my waning interest coinciding with the span of time between demos as I quickly approach 2018 where I stop saving them entirely.

pm mi bby an i wil provid

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
😰😞😢😭⚰

I would disagree. Just watched the video, and I found it (almost) as amazing as other Gargos' videos.

Great job! I'm happy you're back with new content. As usual, love all these camera movements, carefully selected angles, references, text labels, music choices; a lots of efforts have been put into this video.
But I want to specifically appreciate replays and slo-mos that give a such slow person as myself the way so see what exactly is going on in these mbii moments.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@Puppytine thx appreciate it. Hardest part about making these videos is that you see the demos 1000x over when you record them and it can easily make you blind to what the viewer will see when watching the video for the first time. I always try to make them comprehensive.

Jamme issues, only devs can use the good clip maker because it's open source and mb2 isn't.

And sending full demo files would be too much for gargos to have to look through - it would be difficult.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Why not letting People send you clips and every Month you make a Compilation out of it?
I already spend hours going through my own demos alone. And that is the time only spend on watching and naming the demos. I usually remember what happens when I go into my own demos so that also somewhat speeds the process. Another issue is that different people have a different sense of what is quality. From my earlier experience most people don't have this sixth sense. I would be receiving endless amounts of demos which of 99 percent would be unusable. I remember once when making community frag videos that some people sometimes got mad at me for not using their demos. I do not want to come out as arrogant but usually only the people who have some experience in making these videos really know what to look for in a demo.

I am also super picky with demos (the most with my own recordings). Still, I maybe could make an exception if these rules were followed:

1. You tell me approximately the time when the action is about to happen in the demo
2. You rate your demos from 1 to 3. This way I would get a sense of what you think of as a top rate demo and what you would think of as a "maybe". This way if only your top demos had some good stuff, I could skip the rest. On the other hand if your "maybe" demos had good stuff, I know I could expect gold in the best demos.
3. As stated above, you would check all your demos in advance instead of sending me your demo collection and just say "here you go have fun"
4. You state the build the demo was recorded in. I can go couple of builds back but I cannot do that infinitely and wouldn't want to find out by myself from which build each demo is from.

What's the deal with JaMME? It's just a video editing software, correct?

As far as I understand, a software provider can only issue an order not to re-distribute. I don't think that whoever made JaMME has the power to stop users who are already in possession of the software from using it, unless it requires an internet connection to use- in which case they can just shut it down.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
What's the deal with JaMME? It's just a video editing software, correct?

As far as I understand, a software provider can only issue an order not to re-distribute. I don't think that whoever made JaMME has the power to stop users who are already in possession of the software from using it, unless it requires an internet connection to use- in which case they can just shut it down.
Problem is not with whoever made JAMME, he has no qualms with it as far as I know. Problem is that JAMME uses a part of code that is copyrighted. It would be ok if mb2 were open source (JKA is so JAMME for JKA is ok) but it isnt. Due to the copyright it can only be used in open source projects. It could bring mb2 some unwanted legal action. But there is a small catch there, too. For the copyright does allow the use of the code in closed source programs too, but strictly in private use, which means it is ok to use JAMME if it is used inside the developer team only.