Not a medic class , but a medic build

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
I know there's like 45646516546 threads about it and i know that most of you including devs are totally against a medic class because it would unbalance the game or cause some troubles like "healing a wook from 20hp to 400hp" , "dealing with situation like : omg no heal in our team wtf , heal ffs ... " , "players camping and healing themselves" and more... So i'm trying again.

But what about a simple build for both Elite Trooper and Commander ?

The only "healing way" would be through a support build identical as the Imperial gunner from the old Battlefront 2 (2005).

For exemple dropping 2 "Biotech Bacta Canister" just like "Fire grenade" "Frag grenade" and "Sonic nade" (15 points for each bacta.).. (if you think it's still op then put it to 30 points in order to remove reinforcement) , your mates come and use it (giving a small amount of hp) :
- Its effect is instantaneous (The player can't use it when he wants as an item , he just have to walk on it and gain his small ammount of hp)
- The player can use it only one time per round (or lives ?).

Obviously you can't use the bacta on yourself , you're here to support your team !

So if you still think it's not worth it then.. too bad.

i would love to have a support class that actually provides healing but sadly it seems they havent figured out a way to put it in without making it broken.
what they could do is that it could heal any class but wookie, some kind of restriction you would say.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
i would love to have a support class that actually provides healing but sadly it seems they havent figured out a way to put it in without making it broken.
what they could do is that it could heal any class but wookie, some kind of restriction you would say.

It would be understandable to not heal wookies and droidekas for a perfect balance... btw healing droids with bacta wtfffff

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

You shouldn't ever have to restrict something in such a way just to make it less broken than it already is. All you're doing by restricting is highlighting the problem while only providing a bandaid fix.

Just add a healing force power that heals to a restricted amount of health, and does NOT heal shields.

Basically, give jedi/sith a healer ability similar to Hero's heal 3, but you heal others with it. For example, if there's a wookiee at 20hp, and you heal it.. It'll only heal the wookiee to the maximum of 33hp. If its above 33hp, it'll heal them to 66hp. Then 73-75hp, then 99-100hp. You get the idea. Basically, heal 3 but you're using it on others, instead of yourself. And it activates on command, not automatically (which will be more balanced imo). Also, it'll take up an ASS ton of force power, so you can't spam it.

Another idea would be, yes, healer that doesnt have a restriction to what amount of health it can heal, but it would heal IMMENSELY slow. Like, 1hp every 5 seconds or something. But honestly, that would just be a useless ability unless you're camping, in which case that ability would inspire camping.

You shouldn't ever have to restrict something in such a way just to make it less broken than it already is. All you're doing by restricting is highlighting the problem while only providing a bandaid fix.

im just giving an opinion nothing final, as i said a support class that heals most of the classes with some resctrictions as i mentioned :(

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Just add a healing force power that heals to a restricted amount of health, and does NOT heal shields.

Basically, give jedi/sith a healer ability similar to Hero's heal 3, but you heal others with it. For example, if there's a wookiee at 20hp, and you heal it.. It'll only heal the wookiee to the maximum of 33hp. If its above 33hp, it'll heal them to 66hp. Then 73-75hp, then 99-100hp. You get the idea. Basically, heal 3 but you're using it on others, instead of yourself. And it activates on command, not automatically (which will be more balanced imo). Also, it'll take up an ASS ton of force power, so you can't spam it.

Another idea would be, yes, healer that doesnt have a restriction to what amount of health it can heal, but it would heal IMMENSELY slow. Like, 1hp every 5 seconds or something. But honestly, that would just be a useless ability unless you're camping, in which case that ability would inspire camping.

I really like the idea , but as a force power it must have the same restrictions as "repulse" , like the forcewhore build

I really like the idea , but as a force power it must have the same restrictions as "repulse" , like the forcewhore build
Exactly my idea! Saber defense should be an offensive tier, and ANY force power other than push/pull/sense is usually only used by force whores. So to be able to have a forcewhore heal you would be pretty badass.

Mcbober

Movie Battles II Team
A healing grenade could work, I suppose. But I hate the idea of it not working on certain classes. While healing grenades have existed in other SW games, the concept itself is still pretty silly, though.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Why not a class with certain disadventage that could heal itself. Zombie Geonosian, lmao.
I dislike higly idea of my opponents winning just because they have 1-2 more players which can heal them over and over.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Why not a class with certain disadventage that could heal itself. Zombie Geonosian, lmao.
I dislike higly idea of my opponents winning just because they have 1-2 more players which can heal them over and over.

k4far

Banned
Donator

If you get to heal - no reinforcements. You heal (unless SBD or Deka) as you succesfully perform longer attack. As I imagine it this class would climb all walls regardless of the angle... so entirely new mechanic. Can we experience seeing and walking upside down on this engine?

GeonosianUndead-LoT.jpg

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
If you get to heal - no reinforcements. You heal (unless SBD or Deka) as you succesfully perform longer attack. As I imagine it this class would climb all walls regardless of the angle... so entirely new mechanic. Can we experience seeing and walking upside down on this engine?

GeonosianUndead-LoT.jpg

Not a new mechanic lol , would be the same as a mere soldier or commander though

Antraxo

Donator
I would love an astromech class that could have stuff like this... But it will never be made.
  • Pistol Lvl 1,2 & 3 - Just like a blaster but it doesnt do much damage
  • Electroshocker 1 Lvl - Basic Shockstick thing from Academy/JKO does like 5 dmg per shock and shocks idk like the original thing
  • Health Lvl 1,2 & 3 - 50, 100,150 HP (It's a small droid of course it dies quick)
  • Shield Lvl 1,2 & 3 - 15,30, 45 (Well Astromechs have special stuff in them anyway)
Now here comes the cool stuff
  • Ammo Packs Lvl 1,2 & 3 - Drops a bit of ammo like 200 units per pack. Each level gives one more pack.
  • Health Pack Lvl 1,2 & 3 - A healthpack that heals for like 50-100 HP. Each level gives one more pack.
  • Hacking Lvl 1,2 & 3 - Makes hacking OBJ faster. Balancing this would prob. be hard but I think it would be cool.
Idk but I think this sounds pretty cool and I would totally drive around as R2 or R5 or w/e.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
I would love an astromech class that could have stuff like this... But it will never be made.
  • Pistol Lvl 1,2 & 3 - Just like a blaster but it doesnt do much damage
  • Electroshocker 1 Lvl - Basic Shockstick thing from Academy/JKO does like 5 dmg per shock and shocks idk like the original thing
  • Health Lvl 1,2 & 3 - 50, 100,150 HP (It's a small droid of course it dies quick)
  • Shield Lvl 1,2 & 3 - 15,30, 45 (Well Astromechs have special stuff in them anyway)
Now here comes the cool stuff
  • Ammo Packs Lvl 1,2 & 3 - Drops a bit of ammo like 200 units per pack. Each level gives one more pack.
  • Health Pack Lvl 1,2 & 3 - A healthpack that heals for like 50-100 HP. Each level gives one more pack.
  • Hacking Lvl 1,2 & 3 - Makes hacking OBJ faster. Balancing this would prob. be hard but I think it would be cool.
Idk but I think this sounds pretty cool and I would totally drive around as R2 or R5 or w/e.

I like the stuff like ammo pack or health pack , but for the astromech thing we would be trolling with droids anyway

Another idea for a healer ability is a force pool; an AOE force power that heals all allies within radius for around 5-10hp per person, but it drains 90% of your FP if you channel it fully. I guess what I'm proposing is a multiple-person-at-a-time healing ability, but it drains your FP, and you can't use saber defense.

You could also add the FA healing ability, where you hold use on the target, and it heals them. Also, another idea instead of healing abilities, would be an ammo-refill build, similar to that of um_medieval.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I've come up with some possible things like a pseudo-battle meditation that sacrifices health to heal teammates in some manner.

Maybe instead of looking at methods of restoring health, we should be trying to figure out ways of negating damage? Think things like stasis'ing projectiles in an area so teammates can move up/have a chance to take cover. Food for thought.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
I've come up with some possible things like a pseudo-battle meditation that sacrifices health to heal teammates in some manner.

Maybe instead of looking at methods of restoring health, we should be trying to figure out ways of negating damage? Think things like stasis'ing projectiles in an area so teammates can move up/have a chance to take cover. Food for thought.

EDIT : Actually the Battle Meditation is one of the best idea about healing and also one of the most realistic...

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

Yep, this is more what my line of thinking on things are. I removed that part of my post above because I was having issued wording it but in my opinion when you're just throwing healing/ammo giving abilities on classes you aren't really giving them anything unique or fun while introducing several issues into MB rather than solving them. Even some ideas I had a while back for a possible Astromech involving combo field style crowd control abilities (Oil/Flame, Water/Elec, Water/Coolant). Abilities like what you mentioned above could help break through choke points on several maps with proper teamwork and make the imperial advantage many maps have lessened. The same thing goes in reverse as well, abilities like that could also stop an advance in its tracks when used properly and it all depends on timing and working with your teammates. Abilities like the above are way more what the team should be considering.

k4far

Banned
Donator

But make sure healer is immobilized so if he starts doing that in a bad moment, bad spot he dies from not being careful enough.