No new packs of any kind in over a month? No updates either. What's going on??

There hasn't been a single new pack, or update to any sort of pack since October 7th a month and nearly 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile, Vertex's mod community which has been in a drought for ages is suddenly getting a plethora of new skins. What kind of odd coincidence is this? Is MB2 about to hit a modding pack drought or is this a little dry spell that will go away by the end of November?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
What are you even on about? Most mod "packs" rarely update that frequently to begin with. The main MB2 has had updates every 3 ish weeks at the moment, with quite a bit of community made content added directly into the mod itself rather than as an outside pack.

Most of the Vertex stuff is ports or random low quality stuff. I even see you commented on something that is just a port of a MB2 map.

How is this anything other than a troll post?

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Hey! Peneke pack is pretty much a done product at this point that gets some little updates every now and again. At this point we like to spectate and see what the community can come up with. If something catches our interest we'll make sure to release updates here and there :)

I can't speak about the other packs.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Well, I'd update H.B. Pack but I have other plans for it in near future so it will either just cease to exist or reform at some point. But that's a victory when you consider most of its widely well received stuff became part of MB2 officially. I'm more focused on vanilla stuff than addon side of things right now.

Hey! Peneke pack is pretty much a done product at this point that gets some little updates every now and again. At this point we like to spectate and see what the community can come up with. If something catches our interest we'll make sure to release updates here and there :)

I can't speak about the other packs.
I deleted peneke as it started to cause my game to freeze In loading

Fang

Donator
the biggest way to tackle that problem is to

pick up the tools and DIY

Well, it's a bit Ironic even though so many people disliked this post I made. A few hours after I made this post the "pack drought" as I called it ended. Packs started posting updates again. So, bringing attention to the situation did help, even if some people were very vocal against it. As for Mace's comments no I didn't know that because of this statement:
Most mod "packs" rarely update that frequently to begin with.
didn't apply to when I initially joined in August 2021, for quite a bit of time during and after that month, the packs were coming out with updates rather frequently. I have discord logs to prove it if you require evidence. But I was unaware of them being "rare" before August 2021 because I wasn't around before August 2021. But to call this a "troll post" is inaccurate because I didn't make this post with ill intent, I ask a genuine question with the information I had. I was not around prior to August 2021 so I can't attest to that particular time period. However, to state a question as a troll post without proper evidence or justification to do so is just malignant and somewhat malicious in my opinion. So don't go jumping the gun next time If you'd be so kind.
pick up the tools and DIY
As for the "pick up the tools and DIY" remark by Fang, I'd be glad to if there was an explanation that was more simplified than the ones I've seen. If this is a jab at me simply because I brought up the fact that during the time period of rapid pack updates a sudden stop for an extended period of time was odd to me then IDK what to tell you. Like I said I wasn't present before August 2021 so I can't attest to what was happening before that. I made a comment based on the facts that I knew. That rapid pack updates suddenly stop dead in their tracks for an extended period of time. I made this post on that fact. I wasn't making a demand that packs release updates now, I was raising a concern and asking a question. Apparently, that's illegal {God forbid right} on this side of the internet with everyone being so hostile towards such a simple remark. If this sounds like I'm complaining oh well, this is my response to the backlash so take it however you want. I have no further comment on the subject matter.

Leo

Internal Beta Team
what pack outside omega pack that got new 4 models was updated

Fang

Donator
dunno what you want me to say?

there are great mod packs already out there that cover almost everything. if you want a specific model, the tools are available in the guides. if you want someone else to do it, pay them.

the packs like peneke have a lot of hard work and have been updated for approximately 4 years maybe more. i think thats sensible enough. nobody is obligated to make something if they dont have a creative drive to do so. it creates substandard packs.

finally im not taking a jab, it is purely logical to assume if you want something, you can do it yourself too.