New UI Sucks

I appreciate knowing the exact damage specifics with each loadout but as one keen user pointed out any change to the UI that increases the number of clicks you need to perform a task is not an improvement and in fact is a hindrance.

Reactions: Lee

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
If there is any way to save your previously used setup and have that be the default when joining, that would make things much easier. Can the game not remember your model and build last played on rebs/imp?

I'm all for the new ui, but joining needs to be made smoother, much smoother.

Preston

Nerd
If there is any way to save your previously used setup and have that be the default when joining, that would make things much easier. Can the game not remember your model and build last played on rebs/imp?

I'm all for the new ui, but joining needs to be made smoother, much smoother.
Something like this Ive wanted for a long long time. If there were a ability to set a default model and hilt for each class that would save tons of time in itself.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Having the game remember what you last played as after closing the game, or changing servers, might be pretty annoying to implement. That adds so much complication to even just the menu side of things. Like, the UI has to know which UI version you're running (based on UI preset values of which we support 3 UI versions) and open specific menus based on that information, and that information is dependent upon multiple factors. That isn't an easy implement and I worry about things just breaking. Though its possible the things that I did for class config key selection would handle the majority of it. Not saying its a bad idea, but I just worry about the complexity of things in this engine and something breaking in the process. It might be more simple UI wise than I am making it in my head.

Some others and I did request the potential ability to have your model, hilts, etc also be within your build template pick, so that you didn't have to select anything else for that class.

Last edited:
The new UI is either less clicks depending on what you want to do, or equal. We have literally tested and counted this a number of times internally. It is not more clicks.

No sorry the UI still sucks those videos where they count clicks on an empty server were very impressive but the fact is you went from having a UI where everything was laid out to separating them into menus with very fancy UI elements but not much else except inconvenience.

It is more clicks because now I have to open a menu to update my hilt and another to update my model, and god forbid I pick a custom model before anything else, because if I choose my class after and hit 'ok,' the new menu just picks the equivalent default model.

Epitome of 'just cause it ain't broke don't mean we can't fix it.'

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Epitome of 'just cause it ain't broke don't mean we can't fix it.'

Well you will have the option to switch to the old hybrid UI next update if you don't like it. But thank you for reminding me of a bug I still have to fix, I was literally just like "I know I forgot to do something but my brain wont remember it right now".

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
god forbid I pick a custom model before anything else, because if I choose my class after and hit 'ok,' the new menu just picks the equivalent default model.

I know. I'm sorry i haven't quite got the telepathy code working yet. When its done the game should read your mind and pick the right model when you chose a class.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
What did you like about the previous UI? I mean the saber selection menu was thrown in the middle of nowhere within the point selection menu, plus more clicks were needed to get everywhere from anywhere. It clearly lacked fastidiousness.