New class suggestions here

I'd probably say... Astromech for the Rebels and some kind of Magnaguard/Gamorrean/Royal Guard/BX Droid combo for Imperials. Those could be fun to see. Not sure what kind of abilities they would have though.
i like the magnaguard and royal guard and the astromech ideas would be fun to play around with maybe the magnaguards could have acrobatics like the arcs and please get jump packs for clones or arc please ben your our only hope

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
some kind of Magnaguard/Gamorrean/Royal Guard/BX Droid combo for Imperials. Those could be fun to see. Not sure what kind of abilities they would have though.
latest

They'd be able to do sick spins obviously.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Devs aren't ever going to do Medic. They believe it will only ever slow down gameplay, and that there is no way to balance that out ( not true ). Ammo could possibly speed things up in some cases though... Medical supplies should not go under Commander. Ammo, maybe.

One of the many billion suggestions I had was for a number of new skills added to commander, to make it more useful.

The only class I could see being added would be a tier after Commander/Elite, 'Commando' class, which could have slight mobility advantage over other troopers, and a melee weapon.

I just think the current classes need to be balanced. I'm all in favor of a game mode with just Soldiers/Commander (with fewer grenades) and maybe Jedi without push 3/Pull 3. That would be really fun imo.

I'd probably say... Astromech for the Rebels and some kind of Magnaguard/Gamorrean/Royal Guard/BX Droid combo for Imperials. Those could be fun to see. Not sure what kind of abilities they would have though.

2 life melee class, seems interesting. However, needs to be less asymmetrical game play, for a new class. The very last thing I want, is to get pissed off at an overpowered R2D2.

A magnaguard class would be very interesting, a sort of counter for Wook, only one that would take skill. Couldn't be knocked down, 2 lives. Would function as a Jedi with no force, more health but less BP.

Buuuuuuuut, I don't really see that class being very useful in a gunner dominated arena. You can't have a melee class that is stronger than Jedi/Sith, that would just defeat the purpose of playing Jedi/Sith, or make skill gaps where there should be none.

Last edited:
If you're going to add a jetpack to the game, put it on clone simply due to cost. ARC already has a pain in the arse trying to manage their points unless you're alright playing a slower ET without stamina/dex. Unless of course the devs want to revamp some of the costs on ARC, which I'd totally be in favour of, certain things on that class are way overpriced for their function.

On the subject of the Magnaguard idea, I think it could be kind of cool but I'd definitely recommend avoiding the ARC style movement for any class other than ARC, it's one of the few things that keeps the class from being completely obsolete and keeps the class unique, something the class is sorely lacking in at the moment.

A droid class for rebs sounds cool, I could see them being extremely useful if they were able to repair a certain percentage of armor on players and complete objectives faster or something, not exactly sure what you'd give the class in terms of loadout options though, maybe a short range blaster/flamethrower & emp, something like that seems feasible but the class doesn't seem like one that would be played on most maps.

Honestly though, I think the best for variety at the moment would be to add more loadout options more-so than more classes, adding more classes is just going to throw a lot more variables into the mix and be a hell of a lot harder to balance.

PS. Vibrosword from !ROLL event for ARC when.

Last edited:
Rancor class.

Just let a player control the Rancor. It's got 2 attacks?, Ground Pound and Grab. One movement ability, Rush and basic movement.
And I guess slap when you miss the grab.

Successful Grab is of course a finisher. Think about it. Finally you can eat people in mb.

Magnaguard/Gamorrean/Royal Guard/BX Droid combo for Imperials.
All of those characters use melee as primary weapons.
And people hate melee weapons outside of jedi/sith and hate fun in general :C

I think another common pool class like my astromech would be easier balance wise, because its designed only for support with barely any viable combat capabilities.

Last edited:
A more viable demolitions class would be nice.
Rocket arcs are situational and usually badly played by most.

I remember some giant trooper from TFU with shoulder mounted rockets twice the size of a regular sold who liked to step on people.
Want that.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The melee class I think would be best as a combination of melee and ranged. BX Droids had blasters and vibroswords, the same goes for oldschool mandalorians and Royal Guards. I would avoid acrobatics, but give some other tools to cover the distance, perhaps something dash/shoulderbarge type. However, overall the idea would be to encourage combining guns and melee to great results. Perhaps the possibility to perform quick slashes/blocks with a gun equipped and the ability to do quick potshots with the sword equipped. Alternatively simply allow for really fast weapon switching. This would exist to allow for mixed combat.

The idea would be to make the class weak when using pure guns or pure melee. The strength would come from players being good at mixing both weapons into combat situations.
  • Gunner gets too close during gunfight -> Quick slash to deal significant damage
  • Saberist opens his defenses during sword fight -> Quick evasion and shot through the defenses
  • Saberist retreats after strong attack that destroys BP -> Swap to gun to begin draining FP too
Vibroblades would not be 1HK vs armour, but would be very strong vs pure HP.

As for the astromech, I'd lean towards a lot of utility abilities like smokescreen, flamethrower, lightning gun (deals ministuns on impact), jumpjet upgradeable into jetpack and so on. Less thought of what would go into a class like that, but if done right it could work I suppose.

Hey you can add what ever bullshit you want to my droid, long as his fundamental support role remains the same and you write bigteef's baby all over it.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
A more viable demolitions class would be nice.
Rocket arcs are situational and usually badly played by most.

I remember some giant trooper from TFU with shoulder mounted rockets twice the size of a regular sold who liked to step on people.
Want that.
That was the Purge Trooper. It's a prototype variant of the Dark Trooper. So it is a droid. My suggested change was make the SBD into a 'Combat Droid' class or something and add other skins like the Dark Trooper, that one droid from base, maybe even armored Galak for fun.

I would like to see some kind of Demolitions for Imperials with rockets and grenade launchers. Not quite like the M5 launcher, but more of a standalone than an underbarrel. Various types of grenades to be launched at greater distance than tossing. Smoke, fire, frag, poison, maybe a type of flashbang. Rocket alternate fire of those grenade types. Turning those grenades into small area prox mines would be near as well.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
The melee class I think would be best as a combination of melee and ranged. BX Droids had blasters and vibroswords, the same goes for oldschool mandalorians and Royal Guards. I would avoid acrobatics, but give some other tools to cover the distance, perhaps something dash/shoulderbarge type. However, overall the idea would be to encourage combining guns and melee to great results. Perhaps the possibility to perform quick slashes/blocks with a gun equipped and the ability to do quick potshots with the sword equipped. Alternatively simply allow for really fast weapon switching. This would exist to allow for mixed combat.

The idea would be to make the class weak when using pure guns or pure melee. The strength would come from players being good at mixing both weapons into combat situations.
  • Gunner gets too close during gunfight -> Quick slash to deal significant damage
  • Saberist opens his defenses during sword fight -> Quick evasion and shot through the defenses
  • Saberist retreats after strong attack that destroys BP -> Swap to gun to begin draining FP too
Vibroblades would not be 1HK vs armour, but would be very strong vs pure HP.

As for the astromech, I'd lean towards a lot of utility abilities like smokescreen, flamethrower, lightning gun (deals ministuns on impact), jumpjet upgradeable into jetpack and so on. Less thought of what would go into a class like that, but if done right it could work I suppose.

That sounds interesting, but it also sounds annoying as hell to fight. Wookiees already do that, and they're annoying as all hell (and OP, imo)

I like the idea of a mixed class, but it would have to be more straight forward. Instead, I'd like to think of a commando class for both Imps and Rebels, that provides a lot of options, perhaps a semi-decent sniper rifle, melee weapon, cloaking field, blaster rifle, and some passive upgrades to speed or health. So you could have Clone Assassins, and BX Droids. However, balanced carefully to not be as overpowered as some existing classes, not a replacement for dash monkeys. But this type of class system would allow for KOTOR style Mandos, BX Droids, Shadow Troopers, Clone Assassins, even Sith Assassins (Quarterstaff). Would be quite entertaining to use.

But thats what he wanted. That class is exactly what he described.
Its a droid that has acrobatic 1, has a vibro blade, and a E-11 blaster with a scope.

If he wants to make magna guards, that is probably the best place to start with.
Just overhaul the commando droid kit, and look for models that fit the class.

I don't think gamorrean would fit on that class though if that's the case.

Last edited:
But thats what he wanted. That class is exactly what he described.
Its a droid that has acrobatic 1, has a vibro blade, and a E-11 blaster with a scope.

If he wants to make magna guards, that is probably the best place to start with.
Just overhaul the commando droid kit, and look for models that fit the class.

I don't think gamorrean would fit on that class though if that's the case.
i think royal and magna guards are th way to go for it

Force Ghost Class. Replaces spectator. You can run around after death as a semi-visible ghost, you can not interact with anything ( except other ghosts ) but you can fly around whenever you want. You can also taunt/gloat/flourish as much as you like and try to distract other players. Other players can simply move through you. Hitting a class special ( slap button ) would toggle between ghost mode and normal spectator mode, allowing you to essentially teleport to someone.

Would be interesting... could relieve some stress even. Might cause some easily distracted players to die sooner though. Not a totally serious class at all, but I think something similar was suggested before, a long time ago...