Nerf proj fp drainage

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
After a lot of playing with purple and then other styles, I've noticed something with proj. When I am using purple, the fp dmg that proj does feels fair. If I am 100 fp, I don't have to be constantly scared of the gun. But if I am playing any other style, I have to be extra vary. I feel fine playing any other style and can get used to fp drain after playing purple, but fightin against shot gun proj is smth that just feels wrong if not using purple.

What I suggest is that we lower proj fp dmg to the level where it does the same amount of fp dmg against any style as it currently does against purple. This ofc would result into changing the way purple works (and my guess is that purple is getting nerfed either way).

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yeah but it forces the person to move, which makes his scope innaccruate and him nervous.
Long as you can keep him moving he will have difficulty hitting you.
Not necessarely. One can simply aim up fast and shoot. The target is so big close range that it makes it rather easy to hit. But is true it may scare the less experienced ones

You could also try sticking to you know...
A gunner?
And have him shoot people you cant reach until you can get close?

Last edited:
Switching class is a solution? Again with this?

A full force melee class getting 1 shotted by anyone experienced with a sniper at shotgun range - awesome sauce:)
Even easier with one of the dozen scope replacements available.

You didn't read what I said, I said he should stick to somebody who is a gunner and have him suppress the sniper until he can get close. You know, actually use fucking team work instead of being the typical rambo saber user. I did not even hint class changing. (No im not implying you play that way Gargos)

Chaos you always advocated change for the sake of change. With the current atmosphere of jedi and sith spam.
One person sniping will hardly ruin it for a whole team, the reload in between shots, the inaccuracy while moving including walking.

They feel like the muskets I used from Mount and blade Napoleonic wars.
This weapon just feels soo bad when I hold it. It feels like holding a baby.

This problem can be solved by just simply being more clever than running straight at somebody.
Like when I compare MB2 snipers to other games, our snipers suck in comparison. They feel very unconvient and they are probably that way by design to avoid abuse of the weapon.

The EE3 is the only sniper I can tolerate, that gun feels good to use compared to the disruptor or the pro rifle.

The pro sniper is so slow, maybe sith being slow themselves is an issue seeing as every class can outrun a sith where only one class can outrun a jedi. I am not going to advocate giving sith speed, but to be fair for their sake. Speed is a universal power lore wise, and in the vanilla base game.

Last edited:
Read it and it read as advocating class change:) Despite your edit...2 hours after I posted? lulz. I guess it was a misunderstanding. *cough*:rolleyes:

And, still no better. I have to rely on another player because a sniper can 1 shot me?
Having someone else do the grunt work is great tactics but doesn't address the actual balance of the class/ability vs another:)

Should a sniper be able to 1 shot a full force jedi if they're close enough? How easy is it to do? How hard? What are the consequences of missing? Weigh them with not missing.

Ultimately, while it's not much of an occurrence for regular, below average players it can pretty much destroy in the hands of someone who actively practices.
Actually, as long as the enemy is distracted you can do it yourself easy enough.

Chaos you always advocated change for the sake of change, with the current atmosphere of jedi and sith spam.
To be forever misunderstood.:rolleyes:
I stand for change that makes sense as well as balance - refining it for the greater good! :)
It's a hard line for some to follow so you can dismiss me as a jedi whore if it helps you sleep.
And note, the number one spam beyond sabers has been snipers - ever since the projectile rifle was put in.

Sniper should be a long range weapon only. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I'd advocate for even cutting ammo 3 completely in half. :) Take that camping whores!

One person sniping will hardly ruin it for a whole team, the reload in between shots, the inaccuracy while moving including walking.
I'm not a sniper. And with good reason. It's 2 fucking easy. I've played so little that I have barely any sense of the lead required. But then, I don't need to know the lead. I just wait for them to get knocked down, slapped down or swing a saber. 40/5 doing nothing but sniper. Hardly ever got into any risk and it was a joke. Now if I actually ever bothered to use it regularly instead of once a year for a few rounds...:)

The sniper is so slow

What? That's by choice. You don't have to run in scope and its easy enough to go in and out of it.
Just like its easy enough NOT to hit the reload button after a snipe misses(or doesnt miss), or should I say a shotgun misses to just right click out of scope and switch to pistol 3 in a quarter of a heartbeat. Pew pew.

It's even more fun when teleport enters the picture, or flickers away.:) I meant dash.

All this does - you can't shotgun a 100 force sith/jedi. Unless of course you drained them a little beforehand or they jump. Hardly a big deal. Tying up loose ends if anything.

You probably don't see it much on NA since most of the snipers suck and the few good ones typically finish off anyone from a distance and stick to dotf for some crazy reason so its a non-issue. Go play some EU rotation and say hello to their snipers. While their noobs might be worse than ours their overall teamwork is superior as well as possessing snipers that can actually hit the side of a barn.

Read it and it read as advocating class change:) Despite your edit...2 hours after I posted? lulz. I guess it was a misunderstanding. *cough*:rolleyes:
Really you gonna go there?
I compulsively edit every single one of my posts, even stuff I posted months ago.

If I didn't, shit would be misspelled horrendously, nonsensical, or me using the same word over an over.
I edited one of my posts 10 times, on another forum last year.

I also like to add onto posts while trying to keep what I said originally, because people misunderstand me all the damn time.
There are times where I edit shit without even fixing or doing anything.

This is what happens when we don't have a damn delete button!!!!
GIMMME

Last edited:
Just saying boss, proj is epic. Nuff said
Then why does it look, sound, and feel like a piece of shit?

Like the disruptor looks cool, and it sounds cool.
I don't like that gun, but it's cool as fuck.
(yes I know its vanilla)

Then here is the pro rifle, a giant black stick that has a scope with a water bottle for a silencer attached.

I am sure sombody worked hard on that model, and im sorry for being that critical about it if you are out there Mr or Ms artist.
But when it comes to 3D models and art, I can't be nice about it.
Harsh criticism fuels the desire to improve.

We have some very damn good weapons models, I just simply think that we could do better when it comes to the pro rifle model. All the clone shit is super sick, and the Elite trooper weapons.

You can add me on steam Dr. Artist if you want, and we can sit down for a whole fucking week going through concept designs if necessary.
I've done this with a guy named Firewarrior for the empires source mod game, and helped him with brenodi pistol designs.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
Then why does it look, sound, and feel like a piece of shit?

Like the disruptor looks cool, and it sounds cool.
I don't like that gun, but it's cool as fuck.

Then here is the pro rifle, a giant black stick that has a scope with a water bottle for a silencer attached.

I am sure sombody worked hard on that model, and im sorry for being that critical about it if you are out there Mr or Ms artist.
But when it comes to 3D models and art, I can't be nice about it.
Harsh criticism fuels the desire to improve.

We have some very damn good weapons models, I just simply think that we could do better when it comes to the pro rifle model. All the clone shit is super sick, and the Elite trooper weapons.

You can add me on steam Dr. Artist if you want, and we can sit down for a whole fucking week going through concept designs if necessary.
I've done this with a guy named Firewarrior for the empires source mod game, and helped him with brenodi pistol designs.
Idk about the look, but atleast for me with years of playing with it, its easily my favorite gun to use in any video game, I seriously loveeeeeee proj, it also helps I guess that im quite good at pop sniping on dotf, but still I just find shooting proj to be the most rewarding and fun gun to use. Maybe im alone on this but whatever, my opinion I guess

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
In a lot of circumstances, shotgun is actually one of the ways to manage vs a blob of glowsticks. Easiest way to mess with someone doing it is to wallrun or just have sense on/wait for them to move. There's any number of variables that can make it easier or harder for either side but that sums it up in a nutshell.

P.s. - getting grip 1 for 4 points and having push or pull 3 makes it hilariously easy.

I was like to see a nerf, esp. since when you jump and don't hold block, the snipe will go right through your defense... at infinite range... happened to me on Corellia, completely across the cargo area and I was facing right at him.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I was like to see a nerf, esp. since when you jump and don't hold block, the snipe will go right through your defense... at infinite range... happened to me on Corellia, completely across the cargo area and I was facing right at him.
You have to hold block while jumping or you can get shot by any weapon.

All this does - you can't shotgun a 100 force sith/jedi. Unless of course you drained them a little beforehand or they jump. Hardly a big deal. Tying up loose ends if anything.
This guy gets the point of the thread almost better than I do

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Reducing Projectile Rifle FP drain to those levels would be fine indeed.

proj is already trash as is hero

lets nerf them further instead of addressing real balance issues (rage, pistol 3, rockets, deka etc etc etcccccccccccccccc

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
proj is already trash as is hero

lets nerf them further instead of addressing real balance issues (rage, pistol 3, rockets, deka etc etc etcccccccccccccccc

Do you have any viable suggestions? I agree that hero needs some work, but this isn't really helpful.

i suggest not nerfing the weapon that is the basis of hero as a class (whether people like that or not)

if you wanted to buff heroes, 1 way to increase both the skill ceiling and potential effectiveness of proj is removing the delay after scoping in

another is to flat out increase the health/armour pool as that is the single biggest issue with the class in my mind

either that or buff heal to be a viable build option instead of grenades, either by changing the way it works entirely or extending the effect to armour as well as hp. as it is now even if your heal tops your hp to 99 or whatever the top threshold is, that's still not enough to be able to attack effectively into chokepoints without dying to 2 shots

rebs are at such a huge disadvantage on most maps that reb classes that have poor survivability don't have any place in the front lines - that's why most people who play hero will opt to hang way back, trying to score kills with an unreliable weapon with the rate of fire of a cannon. hurts the pace & fun of the game immensely imo

I already brought up at some point about heroes, that Han solo, or porkins running around with a sniper rifle looks dumb as shit.
And what was discussed that the pro rifle was designed for another class called Mercanary.
Thier weapon kit was given to hero instead because the merc was dropped or put hiatus?
I dunno it's their call.

We also discussed that dash needs a better animation, not a removal or a nerf. The problem in itself about dash is that its a teleport and not an actual hop animation. Making it too ridiculous to deal with and observe.

However still on the topic of the pro rifle, I think its perfectly fine as it besides it looking out of place and stupid on the hero class.
However I strongly advocate the revival of the merc class and the enforcer. And move the pro rifle back to the merc class.

We got of plenty of models that fit those descriptions of those two classes, however the majority of models would look out of place on the rebs.

Like the models I think would fit the merc class are the characters from the clone wars series.
That bothan from the lunar base FA map would fit. Uh I think we got some twelieks that would fit.
And the entire cast of SW rebels would fit except Ezeria and the droid, because they are too short.
Problem is I doubt there are models for all of these characters.

Hondo Ohnaka

Sugi
Embo
Rumi Paramita
Hera Syndulla
Sabine Wren
Garazeb Orrelios
Kanan Jarrus

The enforcer, just move half of the bounty models or a quarter to it. And it would fit perfectly.
We can probably scrounge up more models if we look for them regarding enforcer.
Enforcer is generic thug but in space. Jabbas entire crew would fit.

From what I can see, models would be the biggest hurdle to overcome for the merc. Class balancing and designing, we can probably do a community workshop about it. Unless the team already has that much worked out of them. And just left the papers for them in a desk somewhere.

Last edited:
I already brought up at some point about heroes, that Han solo, or porkins running around with a sniper rifle looks dumb as shit.

We also discussed that dash needs a better animation, not a removal or a nerf. The problem in itself about dash is that its a teleport and not an actual hop animation. Making it too ridiculous to deal with and observe.

However still on the topic of the pro rifle, I think its perfectly fine as it besides it looking out of place and stupid on the hero class.
However I strongly advocate the revival of the merc class and the enforcer. And move the pro rifle back to the merc class.

you may think that it looks ridiculous but the fact of the matter is it's what suits the gameplay best

when i was in beta a couple years ago there were ideas of moving proj to ET on rebs as well as introducing 2 new classes, the spy and enforcer, but they were all shot down in early stages of testing as they didn't fit into the game at all

same thing with dash, some people think it looks stupid or whatever (i personally don't see that, mb2 graphics and animations in general aren't great and dash certainly isn't the worst of the lot) but it's a fact that it's the ONLY thing right now that makes hero not suck complete ass, i don't think you could make a reasonable argument to not buy dash lvl 2 in any build for any map or situation you could face. slowing it down or reducing the distance would probably kill the class entirely, unless you just want heroes to be viable for sitting in the 4 corners of dotf hangar waiting to hit a proj shot (which some already do anyway)

That paragraph doesn't change the fact that the hero dash animation looks like complete shit, and that the pro rifle was not designed for the hero. It was just given to it to not waste the assets and time.

That is reality, now im not them saying to nerf the weapon and the dash. In-fact Ive said that like twice and in detail and people keep making it sound like I am. I will even say this again. Dash needs a better animation, and I say move the pro rifle to the merc class when it's ready, and give more shit to the hero so its kit isn't bland as hell. That will probably take a lot of time, so my idea won't even affect you until like a year or two from now if they decide to roll with it. By then the hero class might have something new or a weapon that I haven't considered, and the class loosing the pro rifle be very minor change.

Seeing as heal doesn't work, or if it does work Its useless compared to other skills to grab. I suggest we change the heal skill to something different, I would say add rally to heroes. And remove it from elite trooper and make the elite trooper more aggressive. I think close combat would fit, and add a level 3 to it. And level 3 gives ET a fast recovery, and nerf the base movement speed so its not speedy gonzales when it has 3 levels of CC. It would add more asymmetric to the ET instead of being a gimped cmdr.

Merc and Enforcer were probably dropped because the initial design for them were shit. And the team moved on because they had a lot of stuff to do about the game and dealing with two new classes isn't that don't work should not of been a priority.

Now that the majority of work is done, I think we can revisit them.

Last edited: