Nerf proj fp drainage

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
After a lot of playing with purple and then other styles, I've noticed something with proj. When I am using purple, the fp dmg that proj does feels fair. If I am 100 fp, I don't have to be constantly scared of the gun. But if I am playing any other style, I have to be extra vary. I feel fine playing any other style and can get used to fp drain after playing purple, but fightin against shot gun proj is smth that just feels wrong if not using purple.

What I suggest is that we lower proj fp dmg to the level where it does the same amount of fp dmg against any style as it currently does against purple. This ofc would result into changing the way purple works (and my guess is that purple is getting nerfed either way).

Preston

Nerd
I think shotgun proj is fine tbh. Because its really not that difficult to avoid getting sniped close range unless the sniper has really good aim, which at that point I think the sniper deserves the kill.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I think shotgun proj is fine tbh. Because its really not that difficult to avoid getting sniped close range unless the sniper has really good aim, which at that point I think the sniper deserves the kill.
I find shotgun a bit too easy to do (I am one of those ppl who even enjoy playing sniping only). And corner sniping shouldnt deserve a kill if the jedi/sith has 100 fp and they block it.

Preston

Nerd
I find shotgun a bit too easy to do. And corner sniping shouldnt deserve a kill if the jedi/sith has 100 fp and they block it.
Yes its easy to do, but also its not that difficult to avoid the sniper shot if you are agile enough and time pull well.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Yes its easy to do, but also its not that difficult to avoid the sniper shot if you are agile enough and time pull well.
Kinda stupid to get pull just to defeat sniper. And close range is easy shot due to big target. Jumpin is also the worst you can do against it. And I wouldnt even call it that easy to dodge.

Preston

Nerd
Kinda stupid to get pull just to defeat sniper. And close range is easy shot due to big target. Jumpin is also the worst you can do against it. And I wouldnt even call it that easy to dodge.
Not really jumping, but juking the sniper out if that makes more sense. And pull is something that I never play without so I guess its sorta a necessity to easily counter shotgun snipers but idk. What I normally do is either bunny hop around the corner and pull them at the same time, 90 percent of the time they will miss the shot and panic, so I pull or push them again once I land and then get ez kill. It's been quite awhile since I've gotten shotgunned, can't even remember the last time that it happend on me. But I do shotgun Sith quite a lot tho, but most of the time they never pull or really attempt to counter me. Sorry if I kinda rambled on for a bit.

i dont think avoiding proj shotgun is really up to you to dodge, i more or less feel like its up to them to miss

is it not enough that it takes nearly all your force and then they immediately swap to pistol 3 and you're dead?

i wouldnt be upset if its not changed, but i wouldnt mind if it was removed. i felt like it was much more appropriate back in the day when there was a delay so there was actually some risk to trying it, though

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Let's not go too off topic with the ideas, I am pretty sure most of them has been discussed before. Let's try to focus in the original idea of this thread.

With shotgun essentially getting removed by this. Proj would be worse than any other sniper(maybe not m5 but who actually counts that lol).

Give heros ee3 :)))

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
With shotgun essentially getting removed by this. Proj would be worse than any other sniper(maybe not m5 but who actually counts that lol).

Give heros ee3 :)))

This is far from removing shot gun. This change would bring some skill to shot gunning. It is not like sith is always 100 fp, and jumpin sith still take 2x fp dmg.

All you really have to do is move in a very unexpected way and you'll avoid getting shotgunned. If you're coming out of cover at a sniper in close range all you have to do is come out for a second to bait the shot.

Proj already has massive scope delay and no crosshair in 3rd person. It's not a very ideal weapon for 'quickscoping'. You, Gargos, have immense experience with stuff like this so you find it easy to do.

I think it's fine as it is. I'd prefer if the proj's scope delay was changed in some way while keeping it from being too easy to quickscope with, but it's probably not for discussion in this thread.

My only complaint on that projectile rifle is the model for it looks ugly compared to other sniper models in the game.
And the sound for it does not match what the gun looks like.

I agree with everyone else that the pro rifle balance is fine as it is right now, it functions like an ugly anti tank rifle.

Last edited:
My mouse pointer speed is greater than jedi movement speed.

But the ruptor aimbotters...good lord, still some around apparently. The speed their cross slows down, always uniformly the same when it centers on a player, as well as the ability to know the location of every player regardless of walls/columns/ are giveaways.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@qwerty 2 days ago gumba sniped me when I had 100 fp around 3 meters away when I was running. That is pretty far away and it makes it a risk free try for the hero to ezzkill sith. I was running because I didnt believe proj could ever kill me from that distance with 100 fp but surprised I was.

Have you tried jumping out of thier scope view?

Worst one can do. Areal moves are
Predictable after take off and 2x fp dmg.

@qwerty
Worst one can do. Areal moves are
Predictable after take off and 2x fp dmg.

Yeah but it forces the person to move, which makes his scope innaccruate and him nervous.
Long as you can keep him moving he will have difficulty hitting you.

One of the advantages of doing something predictable is that your enemy will respond in a predictable way.