Nerf Force Sense ?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Okay since the popularity of the previous poll went off the charts, let me ask another question. If sense is not to be removed from open mode, then should it be nerfed ? Good ideas for that have been hanging around lately:
1) Make sense only show enemies who present a danger or aren't stealthy, i.e. are shooting/attacking or not walking or using some ability such as jetpack, for example.
2) Make sense only show a transparent warning sign on the radar, thus not showing precise enemy locations but only the fact that there are enemies nearby. Possibly with different warning sign sizes to represent whether they are closeby or far away.
3) Possibly have both of the above effects together, while at the same time making sense a passive ability that is on at all times.

These are just examples, the point is to nerf sense so as to allow some stealthiness around it, and so that it only gives the "danger" warning from the Force that jedi get in movies, instead of very precise locations like it's some high-tech radar.

I voted no.
But a change i would consider would be that jedi/sith cant be located, since they can hide themself from being detected.
This would slow every side down too, because no jedi or sith can know if some saberist hiding somewhere to backsab them if they try to rush.

Voted YES because being spotted by saberists from miles away (+through walls) is simply infuriating. When my opponent always knows exactly where I am, it feels just a tiny bit unfair. I'm sure it was said many times before, but having a wallhack any time you need it is not the best gameplay mechanic.

T r i s t a n

Banned
Voted YES because being spotted by saberists from miles away (+through walls) is simply infuriating. When my opponent always knows exactly where I am, it feels just a tiny bit unfair. I'm sure it was said many times before, but having a wallhack any time you need it is not the best gameplay mechanic.
If I was a Sith, in the Star Wars Universe... I would use Force Sense to do exactly that. I would hunt you from anywhere.
I voted NO Sith/Jedi need Force Sense leave it alone.

If I were a Sith, in the Star Wars Universe... If I was ever so lucky, I would use Force Sense to do exactly that. I would hunt you from anywhere.
I voted NO Sith/Jedi need Force Sense.
Wow, are serious? "Jedi need Force Sense" - is this the best argument you got?

Ok, let me try this too. Gunners NEED firearms. Like, guns that shoot actual bullets. Because if I was a soldier in Star Wars universe, that's what I would get. There is no way in hell saberists can block tiny projectiles flying at them at supersonic speed. So devs pls, give gunners AK47s and M16s that cannot be blocked by a lightsaber.

If I was a Sith, in the Star Wars Universe... I would use Force Sense to do exactly that. I would hunt you from anywhere.
I voted NO Sith/Jedi need Force Sense leave it alone.
Thats the funny thing with these gunners.
They cry: wallhack is unfair remove sense...
But if we say flinch is unfair they come with weird excuses.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Thats the funny thing with these gunners.
They cry: wallhack is unfair remove sense...
That's so far from a logical parallel that I wish you would just stop writing words and just go somewhere else for a very long time.

come back when you're older. Or never.

That's so far from a logical parallel that I wish you would just stop writing words and just go somewhere else for a very long time.

come back when you're older. Or never.
No...
We just have only jedi/sith nerf threads here, but nobody discussing gunners which need nerfing now and linikya is wellknown in screaming nerf.
So if you dont understand my point its not my problem.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
No...
We just have only jedi/sith nerf threads here, but nobody discussing gunners which need nerfing now and linikya is wellknown in screaming nerf.
So if you dont understand my point its not my problem.

Well, I also fundamentally disagree with the "Saberists vs Gunners" angle of the debate, since I see them fundamentally as a team. Honestly, I see the "you're just nerfing gunners/saberists to benefit saberists/gunners" thing as just being something only said by people who want to Solo Rambo as gunner/saberist, and get mad when they can't.

So I also think you're crazy for saying "there's too many nerf saberist threads and not enough nerf gunner threads therefore there's bias."

I don't think you understand what was meant when it was said that "We're not trying to make saberists weaker, we're just trying to make them harder to play" (paraphrasing.) The problem isn't that saberists are too strong and are throwing off some kind of fundamental balance. The problem is that they're too easy to do well with, which throws off balance at a lower skill level, and makes the general experience less interesting because the overall skill level isn't actually that high. The problem is that they're not interesting enough, tactically.

or at least, that's my tentative understanding of it.

Well, I also fundamentally disagree with the "Saberists vs Gunners" angle of the debate, since I see them fundamentally as a team. Honestly, I see the "you're just nerfing gunners/saberists to benefit saberists/gunners" thing as just being something only said by people who want to Solo Rambo as gunner/saberist, and get mad when they can't.

So I also think you're crazy for saying "there's too many nerf saberist threads and not enough nerf gunner threads therefore there's bias."

I don't think you understand what was meant when it was said that "We're not trying to make saberists weaker, we're just trying to make them harder to play" (paraphrasing.) The problem isn't that saberists are too strong and are throwing off some kind of fundamental balance. The problem is that they're too easy to do well with, which throws off balance at a lower skill level, and makes the general experience less interesting because the overall skill level isn't actually that high. The problem is that they're not interesting enough, tactically.

or at least, that's my tentative understanding of it.
I only want to swing properly, the other styles to be useful again and get a fair chance to survive, which in my opinion is currently not given.
I want a fair chance to use the saber, but since 1.4 im more like a forcewhore with saber, which i wasnt before.
And using lightning and cut them gets already boring.
Listen i never said jedi/sith should be a one man army, but right now it just feels that you get punished just for playing j/s.

1) Make sense only show enemies who present a danger or aren't stealthy, i.e. are shooting/attacking or not walking or using some ability such as jetpack, for example.
2) Make sense only show a transparent warning sign on the radar, thus not showing precise enemy locations but only the fact that there are enemies nearby. Possibly with different warning sign sizes to represent whether they are closeby or far away.
3) Possibly have both of the above effects together, while at the same time making sense a passive ability that is on at all times.

Definitely any of these, or some combination of two.

I voted YES, because
Sith/Jedi need Force Sense
, but we will not remove it from them. This current sense is like wallhack (like someone said), allowing jedi/sith know positions of every enemy around.
My idea about sense resides in concepts that involve many of mentioned principles. So there it is:
Passive part of ability: reveal a danger around and behind - when somebody shoots you or launches a rocket at you. Also, users of force sense must be alarmed about any sith/jedi around by transparent cloud (yes, visible through walls, and some kind of circle on radar, but not showing the exact position of the sith). When the enemy jedi/sith uses force powers the transparent cloud should shrink to a much smaller cloud, roughly around the actual jedi/sith's position (similar to the way current Sense 2 works), for 3-5 seconds.
Active part: by activating force sense you can choose one enemy guy (idk how to implement the selection specifically) for tracing his actual position (by circle cloud marker around him on radar). (maybe for a limited time).

give gunners AK47s and M16s that cannot be blocked by a lightsaber
funny, but since jedi can defl ruptor shots which are instahit, it's wrong to expect them fail to defl projectiles

imo flinch is a bit tricky to use, and iirc blasterbolt knockback was removed when flinch was added
i'm a gunner, not a flinch fan, your argument is invalid

why don't we ask some experienced saberists how well would they do in open gamemode without force sense and why

imo flinch is a bit tricky to use, and iirc blasterbolt knockback was removed when flinch was added
i'm a gunner, not a flinch fan, your argument is invalid

why don't we ask some experienced saberists how well would they do in open gamemode without force sense and why
1. No i dont think its invalid, but you can have your cookie, im tired discussing this flinchcrap for now.

2. It can work without or a reimagined sense, but not right now.
Before they change sense, they should fix and balance everything.
After that i wouldnt really care, im using only sense 1 and thats not really a wallhack, rather a radar.
But still i think it will slow down the game if it get removed or changed, only the future will show what will happen.

Jetpack already makes sound. With the usually long second routes, you need speed to flank or you never meet them before they do the objectives.

Currently, sense rewards gunners and saberists teaming up. It's good both when it comes to design (making the game as close to the SW universe as possible) and gameplay. Being sneaky is absolutely possible with the current version of sense so that argument doesn't hold. Voted no.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I voted no.
But a change i would consider would be that jedi/sith cant be located, since they can hide themself from being detected.
This would slow every side down too, because no jedi or sith can know if some saberist hiding somewhere to backsab them if they try to rush.
I like this idea. We could go even further and have seeing related to forceblock. You could only see the saberist if the saberist was low enough on force. This would mean that seeing would aso work as a tool for checking when the saberist is low enough on force power to be vulnerable to force usage. On the other hand, this could confuse newer players, but this game is already rather old.

Last edited:
It is a really good idea!

I would like to start. I'm was a good jedi/sith some time ago, I'm definitely worse now simply due to lack of constant practice, but I would do fine without it, even with the current amount or practice.